Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:25 am
Tucker Kraft after the KC game

"I'm comfortable with violence at the LOS. I want to punish defenders as a blocker. I see the emotions in their face change once I put them on their heels. I can feel their breath leaving. They exhale as I fall on top of them."
Man, do I love to see this attitude out of a very athletic TE. This kind of mind set keeps them on the field in every down/distance scenario, which provides opportunities. He’s starting to show his receiving chops with Musgrave out and I see him doing nothing but getting better - maybe a lot better. Might be a great buy low chance at this point in his career.
He's a solid player. Musgrave is the guy I want, in FF, if I have the choice, though, and I roster both. He's just more of a threat, and they drafted him specifically for the passing game, yet his blocking showed real improvement, before he got hurt.

I can't go wrong, but Musgrave (at least the format I have them in), is the better option. There are injury concerns, though. Dude played with a lacerated spleen, so I don't question his toughness, just his ability to stay on the field. His speed is a problem for D's. He needs to be better balanced, at the point of the catch though, he loses his footing way too easily.

I think both will have a role, but the plan for the Pack, if all goes well, is that Musgrave is a big play TE/Seam destroyer, in a high flying, well balanced passing attack, with a run game that works in tandem. Kraft will absolutely have a role, but I don't think he's a FF viable option, when both TE's are healthy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:17 pm
Tucker Kraft after the KC game

"I'm comfortable with violence at the LOS. I want to punish defenders as a blocker. I see the emotions in their face change once I put them on their heels. I can feel their breath leaving. They exhale as I fall on top of them."
Man, do I love to see this attitude out of a very athletic TE. This kind of mind set keeps them on the field in every down/distance scenario, which provides opportunities. He’s starting to show his receiving chops with Musgrave out and I see him doing nothing but getting better - maybe a lot better. Might be a great buy low chance at this point in his career.
He's a solid player. Musgrave is the guy I want, in FF, if I have the choice, though, and I roster both. He's just more of a threat, and they drafted him specifically for the passing game, yet his blocking showed real improvement, before he got hurt.

I can't go wrong, but Musgrave (at least the format I have them in), is the better option. There are injury concerns, though. Dude played with a lacerated spleen, so I don't question his toughness, just his ability to stay on the field. His speed is a problem for D's. He needs to be better balanced, at the point of the catch though, he loses his footing way too easily.

I think both will have a role, but the plan for the Pack, if all goes well, is that Musgrave is a big play TE/Seam destroyer, in a high flying, well balanced passing attack, with a run game that works in tandem. Kraft will absolutely have a role, but I don't think he's a FF viable option, when both TE's are healthy.
If Kraft is solid that's a bad sign for Musgrave given the receiver depth the Packers have.

There's only one football and Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks are all young ascending players (maybe Doubs is the exception). If Musgrave needs to compete for targets with Kraft as a direct competition for snaps being solid isn't going to cut it for fantasy. He'll need to be really, really good.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:46 am

Sriracha wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:26 am

If Kraft is solid that's a bad sign for Musgrave given the receiver depth the Packers have.

There's only one football and Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks are all young ascending players (maybe Doubs is the exception). If Musgrave needs to compete for targets with Kraft as a direct competition for snaps being solid isn't going to cut it for fantasy. He'll need to be really, really good.
I have both, so don't really care, but I think Musgrave is the guy in GB. He played fairly well before getting hurt, and the staff seemed genuinely impressed with his growth. I think next year, he'll continue the role he had before his injury. Nobody plays 100 percent of the snaps. I haven't seen Kraft doing anything that's going to put Musgrave's role in jeopardy, to this point.

PFF is certainly not gospel, but Kraft is graded out extremely low, and more than 10 points lower than Musgrave, as it stands.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:46 am

I have both, so don't really care, but I think Musgrave is the guy in GB. He played fairly well before getting hurt, and the staff seemed genuinely impressed with his growth. I think next year, he'll continue the role he had before his injury. Nobody plays 100 percent of the snaps. I haven't seen Kraft doing anything that's going to put Musgrave's role in jeopardy, to this point.

PFF is certainly not gospel, but Kraft is graded out extremely low, and more than 10 points lower than Musgrave, as it stands.
I view them as equal as I hate all packers forever! (bears fan). lol.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:09 am

TheTroll wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:06 am

I view them as equal as I hate all packers forever! (bears fan). lol.
I’d put them in the same bleep tier with Kmet.

Gooooo Lions!
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:24 am

Musgrave and Kraft don’t play the same position even though they’re both TEs. Kraft is the in-line guy and Musgrave is a move TE. Musgrave competes with Reed for snaps as much as he competes with Kraft.

I do agree that no player on GB is going to be an elite FF option because they are going to spread the ball around with all the legitimate targets that they have. They’re going to abuse mismatches. That doesn’t mean they all won’t have any value. This offense is going to get better as they all mature together and GB is going to put a very dynamic high flying O on the field.

Kraft and Musgrave are both going to have value as FF TEs. They are very different players. Musgrave is more of a super-sized WR, where Kraft is the more traditional TE. Kraft has come along more slowly because his position is more difficult to learn and he’s also making a bigger jump from college to the NFL. But I’d sure like to know how PFF is grading both, because as a GB fan I watch every game and I see Kraft winning in his way as much as Musgrave wins in his.

Musgrave right now is just getting a more FF viable role because Kraft is learning the tougher spot, but we’ve gotten a glimpse of what Kraft is capable of lately and he’ll end up getting more snaps and will be matched against poorer D coverage than Musgrave will as both progress IMO.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:47 am

McBride and Ertz played different roles and they both sapped each other's production.
Kincaid and Knox played different roles and they both sapped each other's production.
Kmet and Jimmy Graham played diferent roles and they both sapped each other's production.

I get what you're saying but it's overly optimistic. When the difference in tiers is 1-3 points per game losing out on 10-20% of snaps is a huge deal and I believe Kraft has shown enough during Musgrave's absence that he's going to cut into Musgrave's snaps and target area of the field.

If Kraft is legitimately solid, Musgrave may still succeed as a fantasy option but the minimum talent level required has risen significantly.

What I'm saying isn't that Kraft is better than Musgrave or vica versa; Just that there is potential here for them to canabalize each other's production.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:40 am

guess I'll empty the clip for Davis Allen on my tank squad then. not gonna have any expectations, but can't let that performance slip past
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:36 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Rookie TEs get steamed up as elite assets before they actually put out elite production.

Since Ertz has been out of the picture, McBride has put out elite production while also posting elite periphery stats like PFF receiving grade and YPRR.

Don't get me wrong, Kincaid was my TE1 before the NFL draft happened so I'm obviously a big fan but I just can't in good faith put him in the same tier as another young TE that's already doing what Kincaid might do in the future.

There's also the added uncertainty of Kincaid's usage when Dawson Knox comes back. We think Kincaid is going to retain his role but we know Ertz is no longer a factor in ARZ after the team released him.
I think we're seeing Knox eat into Kincaid's usage and McBride has continued to do what he's done since Ertz has been removed from the equation.

Still high on Kincaid overall but you've gotta put him behind the young TE already producing at an elite clip. :thumbup:

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:36 pm
Sriracha wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Rookie TEs get steamed up as elite assets before they actually put out elite production.

Since Ertz has been out of the picture, McBride has put out elite production while also posting elite periphery stats like PFF receiving grade and YPRR.

Don't get me wrong, Kincaid was my TE1 before the NFL draft happened so I'm obviously a big fan but I just can't in good faith put him in the same tier as another young TE that's already doing what Kincaid might do in the future.

There's also the added uncertainty of Kincaid's usage when Dawson Knox comes back. We think Kincaid is going to retain his role but we know Ertz is no longer a factor in ARZ after the team released him.
I think we're seeing Knox eat into Kincaid's usage and McBride has continued to do what he's done since Ertz has been removed from the equation.

Still high on Kincaid overall but you've gotta put him behind the young TE already producing at an elite clip. :thumbup:
Yea McBride is an absolute beast, Kincaid still needs time to really pop.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 pm

Wish I had more shares of McBride and LaPorta.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:33 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 pm Wish I had more shares of McBride and LaPorta.
LaPorta just became the highest scoring Rookie TE of all time in fantasy this week.

There's still 3 weeks left in the season.

He 100% has the tools to be called "the best TE in the league" at some point in the future. Special player... such a monster.

The only concern is that the next OC is as good at utilising him as Ben Johnson was and is.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:23 am

mild wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:33 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 pm Wish I had more shares of McBride and LaPorta.
LaPorta just became the highest scoring Rookie TE of all time in fantasy this week.

He 100% has the tools to be called "the best TE in the league" at some point in the future. Special player... such a monster.

The only concern is that the next OC is as good at utilising him as Ben Johnson was and is.
I heard that on the same pod, most likely. Johnson leaving is a concern, but at least the Lions brass know what they have, and they hired Ben, so they can hopefully find another talented offensive mind to continue to utilize these players in effective ways.
Janiel Dones Truther

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:57 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:23 am

I heard that on the same pod, most likely. Johnson leaving is a concern, but at least the Lions brass know what they have, and they hired Ben, so they can hopefully find another talented offensive mind to continue to utilize these players in effective ways.
LaPorta is very likely going to be the next Kelce/Gronk TE talent that will pump out WR1 seasons from the TE position for years.

I see McBride as more of a Mark Andrews level talent that will be an elite TE option but probably won't be the same kind of dominant force once other weapons get intigrated into the offense; Whether that's a healthier Michael Wilson/Marquise Brown or a new shiny toy they draft this off-season.

BellCow
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BellCow » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:34 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:57 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:23 am

LaPorta is very likely going to be the next Kelce/Gronk TE talent that will pump out WR1 seasons from the TE position for years.

I see McBride as more of a Mark Andrews level talent that will be an elite TE option but probably won't be the same kind of dominant force once other weapons get intigrated into the offense; Whether that's a healthier Michael Wilson/Marquise Brown or a new shiny toy they draft this off-season.
I'm probably gonna end up wrong, but... Laporta's run feels like late 2019 Higbee (who happened to also play with Jared Goff)... Laporta is certainly a better talent than Higbee, so I'm sure he'll safely be a top-5 TE long term, just not willing to say he will be a Kelce/Gronk level difference maker.

Tbf both of them are probably Mark Andrews