Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:08 am

Thought this could be a fun exercise with the youth movement we've seen this year and Kelce looking like he could be aging out. I think the clear top 5/6 is Laporta/Hockenson/Andrews/Kincaid/Kelce/McBride in some order. KTC currently has it: Laporta, Hock, Kincaid, Andrews, Kelce, McBride. Pitts is at 7 and when Bowers comes in he will likely be no worse than 5 next year.

With that I think early 2024 tiers:

Tier 1:
Laporta, Hockenson, Andrews

Tier 2:
Kincaid, Bowers, McBride, Kelce

Tier 3:
Pitts, Kittle then everyone else

Thoughts? Who do people see as big risers? Kincaid is super interesting to me, could move up based off year 1 but I don't have him quiet there yet. He's KTC TE3 right now only behind Hockenson and Laporta.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

Postby brward » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:52 am

I think McBride deserves consideration for T1 if he keeps up his level of production for the rest of the season after taking over once Ertz was injured. I would also nominate Jake Ferguson for T3 consideration.

I feel like we say this all the time, but tight end is looking promising. There are a lot of young guys showing potential early.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:21 am

brward wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:52 am I think McBride deserves consideration for T1 if he keeps up his level of production for the rest of the season after taking over once Ertz was injured. I would also nominate Jake Ferguson for T3 consideration.

I feel like we say this all the time, but tight end is looking promising. There are a lot of young guys showing potential early.
I hear that, McBride vs Kincaid is interesting to me speaking of those tiers. Likely both good QBs for years to come and the same age. Kincaid still in year one so the output isn’t quite McBride but it could be that.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:26 am

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:08 am Thought this could be a fun exercise with the youth movement we've seen this year and Kelce looking like he could be aging out. I think the clear top 5/6 is Laporta/Hockenson/Andrews/Kincaid/Kelce/McBride in some order. KTC currently has it: Laporta, Hock, Kincaid, Andrews, Kelce, McBride. Pitts is at 7 and when Bowers comes in he will likely be no worse than 5 next year.

With that I think early 2024 tiers:

Tier 1:
Laporta, Hockenson, Andrews

Tier 2:
Kincaid, Bowers, McBride, Kelce

Tier 3:
Pitts, Kittle then everyone else

Thoughts? Who do people see as big risers? Kincaid is super interesting to me, could move up based off year 1 but I don't have him quiet there yet. He's KTC TE3 right now only behind Hockenson and Laporta.
Tier 0:
LaPorta

Tier 1:
Andrews, Hockenson, McBride

Tier 2:
Kelce, Kincaid, Kittle

Tier 3:
Pitts, Bowers, Kmet, Engram, Goedert

Tier 4:
Ferguson, Njoku, Friermouth, Schultz, Mike Mayer

Sleepers:
Noah Fant, Chiggy, Musgrave

Deep Sleepers:
Luke Schoonmaker, Brenton Strange, Greg Dulcich

IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING? Is it actually the "deepest TE has ever been" :lol:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:32 am

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:21 am I hear that, McBride vs Kincaid is interesting to me speaking of those tiers. Likely both good QBs for years to come and the same age. Kincaid still in year one so the output isn’t quite McBride but it could be that.
McBride is in a great situation and is already producing at an elite level.

Periphery stats are all great.

There's no way Kincaid should be in the same discussion as McBride on the hopes that he can match him next year. They're the same age.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:32 am
Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:21 am I hear that, McBride vs Kincaid is interesting to me speaking of those tiers. Likely both good QBs for years to come and the same age. Kincaid still in year one so the output isn’t quite McBride but it could be that.

There's no way Kincaid should be in the same discussion as McBride on the hopes that he can match him next year. They're the same age.
I think we need to see how the year ends, DD 2023 rookie report has Kincaid hitting everything he needs to be considered a hit and is only 160 behind McBride on the year with 2 less games played from a receiving yards standpoint but I could see preferring McBride. I think if Harrison goes to AZ it will really shake up the target share.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:43 am

I still have Pitts in tier 2, due to age, and the fact he's had a top 5 season. Bowers looks good, but I won't put him in tier 2 until he does something.

I would take McBride over everybody but Laporta, most likely.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:52 am

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am

I think we need to see how the year ends, DD 2023 rookie report has Kincaid hitting everything he needs to be considered a hit and is only 160 behind McBride on the year with 2 less games played from a receiving yards standpoint but I could see preferring McBride. I think if Harrison goes to AZ it will really shake up the target share.
In the 6 games since Ertz has been out of the picture McBride is averaging 73 receiving yards per game, 6.8 receptions per game and has scored 2 TDs.

ARZ entered that game giving the 4th most opportunity to the TE position and it's all being funneled towards McBride

He also has an 87.2 PFF receiving grade since week 8 and is #3 in YPRR at 2.08

You're free to wait for more confirmation but he's arrived
Last edited by Sriracha on Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:54 am

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am

this is along the lines of what i was thinking, they are in the same tier for me right now
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 am

It's nice to see.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:57 am

Would you all move Kelce for McBride and a 1st? Say, the 1.05? IDK if that's asking for too little or too much! LOL
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:57 am Would you all move Kelce for McBride and a 1st? Say, the 1.05? IDK if that's asking for too little or too much! LOL
No McBride owner is doing that.

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

Starters in Bold

Flex Ekeler, Etienne

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:02 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:00 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:57 am Would you all move Kelce for McBride and a 1st? Say, the 1.05? IDK if that's asking for too little or too much! LOL
No McBride owner is doing that.
IDK I originally GOT Kelce for a 1st, three years ago, straight up, which ended up being the 1.07. Some may be in love with the name.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:06 pm

Mcbride looks like the real deal and I could see him moving up 1 tier.

Pitts has been really disappointing but his dynasty/career arc seems similar to Hockenson. Promise early on, followed by an injury, then inconsistent play. Hockenson's value really tanked during that time and now he is back to tier 1. Unlike a RB or WR, I think Pitts still has an opportunity to jump into tier 1, but will need a change of scenery.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:18 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:06 pm Mcbride looks like the real deal and I could see him moving up 1 tier.

Pitts has been really disappointing but his dynasty/career arc seems similar to Hockenson. Promise early on, followed by an injury, then inconsistent play. Hockenson's value really tanked during that time and now he is back to tier 1. Unlike a RB or WR, I think Pitts still has an opportunity to jump into tier 1, but will need a change of scenery.
This.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: