Gap Between AJB & DK?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Gap Between AJB & DK?

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 am

Still really struggling with this one. So would you not add a 1st to move Michael Pittman, Tank Dell, Jordan Addison or Brandon Aiyuck for AJ Brown? Those WR but right against DK's rankings in KTC.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:46 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 am Still really struggling with this one. So would you not add a 1st to move Michael Pittman, Tank Dell, Jordan Addison or Brandon Aiyuck for AJ Brown? Those WR but right against DK's rankings in KTC.
If I had the 1st to give and I was in a contending window where AJB made sense (he's 26 - some people might prefer the youth of Addison or Dell) then I'd absolutely do all of those.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 am Still really struggling with this one. So would you not add a 1st to move Michael Pittman, Tank Dell, Jordan Addison or Brandon Aiyuck for AJ Brown? Those WR but right against DK's rankings in KTC.
Personally I would have DK and Aiyuk a tier above the other 3

DK/Aiyuk
Pittman
Dell/Addison

Pittman is great too, I just like the dynamism of DK and Aiyuk more. Adding a 1st to Dell/Addison for AJB is more in my ballpark, although I’m guessing that wouldn’t be enough for most AJB owners. Would depend if they are competing or not probably, and it might have to be more of a mid-1st, not a late-1st

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:13 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 pm
Personally I would have DK and Aiyuk a tier above the other 3

DK/Aiyuk
Pittman
Dell/Addison

Pittman is great too, I just like the dynamism of DK and Aiyuk more. Adding a 1st to Dell/Addison for AJB is more in my ballpark, although I’m guessing that wouldn’t be enough for most AJB owners. Would depend if they are competing or not probably, and it might have to be more of a mid-1st, not a late-1st
Aiyuk
-------
Pittman/DK
--------
Dell/Addison

Aiyuk is close to the Jefferson tier of WRs as a talent.. but he's stuck on a run oriented team with the most target competition in the NFL. The upside is there for a situation change (either Kittle ages out, Aiyuk leaves this off-season as a cap casualty) to catapult him into the next tier of fantasy receivers.

Pittman is a 6'4 big bodied route technician with an all around game. DK is a freak of nature deep threat but it about evens out for fantasy purproses.

I believe Addison is a better receiver than Dell and both will be long term betas to Collins and JJ but having CJ Stroud bumps him up a tier.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:20 am

I'd trade Addison+Late1st for AJB very quickly. Wouldn't think twice about it.

At a certain point in WRs, we're talking mostly expected (and acceptable) variances in year-to-year production. I don't feel confident to say AJB will dramatically outproduce the non-Addison WRs year after year. One year AJB will have 14 TDs and Pittman will have 5. The next year, Pittman will have 11 and AJB will have 6.

There are very few Antonio Browns in fantasy football. Not many WRs consistently produce T6WR fantasy seasons over and over and over.

As said above, if you have a 1st to burn, sure go for the all-in push this season. But if you're doing this assuming AJB will consistently produce better than the other WRs listed for the next three years, that may prove to be a bad assumption.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser