CeeDee for Chase and a pick swap?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

CeeDee for Chase and a pick swap?

Postby ekilla183 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:47 am

Team is in the signature.

10 teams, PPR 1QB. Switching to SF 2025

Currently have an offer on the board that I have mixed feeling about and need some advice. Basics of the deal:

Give: CeeDee, 2024 mid 1st

Receive: Chase, 2024 Late 1st

I own Burrow so it would give me a stack going forward. I’d be trading CeeDee to a strong contender, so he’d get the possible WR1 rest of way with a killer schedule for his trophy push, I’d get a limited upside Chase ROS but it would lead to a future stack. I don’t have a great shot this year even if I make the playoffs so I could just eat Chases production dip

Here’s where it gets hairy.
I have 5 2024 1sts. 1 is likely to be 1.09-1.10 (This obviously wouldn’t work for a swap). 1 is a lock for top 4 (team will not make playoffs and would be too rich of a swap for me).

The other 3 picks are in a heated race for the last 2 playoff spots all at 5-7 and have an equal shot of getting in the playoffs.

Would you roll the dice, choose a pick to swap and risk that pick ending up in the top 4? Or would yo stand pat with CeeDee?
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Burrow, Watson, Lance, Purdey
RB: ETN, K. Mitchell, Ford, Dobbins, Gibson, Eli Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Ceedee, DK, Tee, Eli Moore, Michael Wilson, Skyy, Demario Douglass, Boutte
TE: Hock, Dulcich

2024 Picks: 5 2024 1sts, my own picks in rounds 3-10

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CeeDee for Chase and a pick swap?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:01 pm

I think the value is fine both ways as both are top end elite WR's but Chase still has the slight value overall. However with being a contender and giving the better 1st round pick, I would rather hold. Lamb seems like the better option the rest of the season with Burrow out. Go for the title and hold the better pick. Either way, you still have an elite WR as is.

ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ekilla183 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:18 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:01 pm I think the value is fine both ways as both are top end elite WR's but Chase still has the slight value overall. However with being a contender and giving the better 1st round pick, I would rather hold. Lamb seems like the better option the rest of the season with Burrow out. Go for the title and hold the better pick. Either way, you still have an elite WR as is.

Sorry my post must not have been clear (there was a lot going on there haha).

I’ll likely be the 5th or 6th seed. I’ll be trading CeeDee and a mid 1st to one of the top teams in the league for his Chase and his 1st (likely to be 1.09-1.10).

He’d use CeeDee for his championship push and get a higher pick, I’d get Chase for the stack and future value along with a later 1st. My only concern is there’s a chance the pick I give away ends up top 4 which would kinda suck with this class looking nice
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:24 pm

ekilla183 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:18 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:01 pm I think the value is fine both ways as both are top end elite WR's but Chase still has the slight value overall. However with being a contender and giving the better 1st round pick, I would rather hold. Lamb seems like the better option the rest of the season with Burrow out. Go for the title and hold the better pick. Either way, you still have an elite WR as is.

I’ll likely be the 5th or 6th seed. I’ll be trading CeeDee and a mid 1st to one of the top teams in the league for his Chase and his 1st (likely to be 1.09-1.10).

He’d use CeeDee for his championship push and get a higher pick, I’d get Chase for the stack and future value along with a later 1st. My only concern is there’s a chance the pick I give away ends up top 4 which would kinda suck with this class looking nice
Got it, thanks for the rundown. Even if you are not a top contender. If the pick ends up early, I think you are giving too much here. I totally get the stack appeal but Lamb is not that far behind Chase. I get the pick may not end up early, but if it does...this will not have been a good move. I would rather hold and revisit in the offseason if you still want to make the move once the picks are known. Even if that means the deal changes. At least you can make a decision based on known factors at that point.

ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ekilla183 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:31 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:24 pm
ekilla183 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:18 pm

Got it, thanks for the rundown. Even if you are not a top contender. If the pick ends up early, I think you are giving too much here. I totally get the stack appeal but Lamb is not that far behind Chase. I get the pick may not end up early, but if it does...this will not have been a good move. I would rather hold and revisit in the offseason if you still want to make the move once the picks are known. Even if that means the deal changes. At least you can make a decision based on known factors at that point.
Much appreciated. This is where my gut was leaning as well so good to get some confirmation. Initially I proposed a straight swap of the two, thought Ceedee’s massive upside ROS and a legit shot at a trophy with him could be enough for him to take the value hit but that was a no go. We’ll see if his tune changes by the deadline tonight 🤷🏼‍♂️
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:40 pm

A similar deal like this just went down in our league but it was AJ Brown for Chase. The guy trading away Chase is a strong contender and needs the points this year but is losing a couple years of production later in their careers. I bet he makes the deal straight up or may have u add a second which I wouldn’t do. Even up or nothing.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:11 pm

buyer beware... giving CeeDee now will make that other team better and the pick even later for this upcoming draft
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

24FlavorsofFun
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 24FlavorsofFun » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:17 pm

I'd counter with a 1 for 1 swap given the shortt-erm upside, if you want Chase.
Though personlly I've got Lamb over him at this point. He's produced far better the last season +.
Fig Newtons - 12 team superflex .5 ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, Flex, SF
QB - Dak, Brissett, Purdy
RB - Najee, Swift, J.Robinson, D.Henderson, McKinnon,
WR - M.Thomas, D.Hop, DJ Moore, Miller, G.Davis, MVS
TE - Kittle, Gesicki, Hockenson
Picks: 2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Young Newts - 14 team .25 ppr Superflex, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, wr/rb, OP
QB - Allen, Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, L.Bell, Ingram, K.Johnson, Mack, T.Coleman
WR - M.Thomas, OBJ, Woods, Moore, Godwin, R.Anderson
TE - Gesicki, Witten, Irv
Picks: 2022 - 3, 4, 5

DirkaDirka - 12 team PPR Superflex
QB: Mayfield, Allen, M.Ryan, Bridgewater, Mond
RB: Mixon, Swift, Sanders, Ekeler, DJ, Kerryon
WR: Tyreek, A.Cooper, D.Adams, A-Rob, C.Davis, P.Williams, V.Jefferson, Duverney
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Hollister
2022: All picks

ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ekilla183 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:04 pm

Appreciate the responses! Initially I came at him with the 1 for 1, he said the long term value of Chase merited something extra like a pick swap (which I don’t fully agree, imo Lamb has close to the same long term value and any minor difference in value should be made up in having a much better chance to win this year).

So I offered him a swap of my late 1st and his (which is probably just a dice roll 60/40 chance of being a better pick for him) or 2 3rds (12 keepers so cut players are included in the rookie draft).

Maybe he bites, maybe he doesnt but the chance of losing a top 4 pick in a deal like this just doesn’t sit right and I’m glad to get some confirmation on that.
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:13 pm

ekilla183 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:04 pm Appreciate the responses! Initially I came at him with the 1 for 1, he said the long term value of Chase merited something extra like a pick swap (which I don’t fully agree, imo Lamb has close to the same long term value and any minor difference in value should be made up in having a much better chance to win this year).

So I offered him a swap of my late 1st and his (which is probably just a dice roll 60/40 chance of being a better pick for him) or 2 3rds (12 keepers so cut players are included in the rookie draft).

Maybe he bites, maybe he doesnt but the chance of losing a top 4 pick in a deal like this just doesn’t sit right and I’m glad to get some confirmation on that.
This is basically what I did when trading CeeDee for JJ this season right when JJ went out with a hammy. I added my first for his. At the time my first was looking 1.02-1.03 and his was 1.08+. Now I have rattled off 6 wins in a row and knocking on the 4th playoff spot…all without JJ. lol.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:25 pm

CD > Chase for me.
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Brady, Bennnet, Haener
Bijan, Charbonnet, Strong Jr., scrubs
Wilson, Nacua, Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Woods
2024 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 3.09, 4.02, 4.09