Breece Hall 2023 review

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Breece Hall 2023 review

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:06 pm

How do we feel about Breece Hall going forward as a dynasty asset? He is struggling quite a bit statwise (very low ypc), but has occasional burst plays where we see a glimpse of the Breece we saw last year. Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know what the reason for the poor stats is? Is it just stacked boxes because of ZW? Is the injury impacting him? Combination? I consider him a buy low at the moment, but even at a dip, he isn’t gonna be real cheap so I wanted to ask around and see if anyone else knows of cause for concern.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Breece Hall 2023 review

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:08 pm

ACL

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:08 pm ACL
Yep. First year back is generally bumpy. Unless you're Adrian Peterson of course.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:02 pm

He's going to be fine. Seems to me that he doesn't fully trust the knee yet. It looks like he gives himself up a bit on plays where he's in the grasp rather than try to fight through the tackle with his legs.

He's only 22. Will hopefully come into next season fully healthy at 23 just in time for the RB apex years.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:08 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:02 pm He's going to be fine. Seems to me that he doesn't fully trust the knee yet. It looks like he gives himself up a bit on plays where he's in the grasp rather than try to fight through the tackle with his legs.

He's only 22. Will hopefully come into next season fully healthy at 23 just in time for the RB apex years.
This should be every Breece shareholder's primary concern: getting through 2023 unscathed. Jets are actually doing a massive solid to him as a dynasty asset this year by ramping him up slowly, even though I know people counting on him don't want to hear that right now.

Data on athletes who have major lower body injuries is screaming in the direction of "incredibly likely to experience serious re-injury" during that comeback year. Is it because they favour their leg differently, or they're overcompensating? Or just that it's already injured? I don't know, I'm *definitely* not a doctor, but it does look like a real thing.

Consider some of the sample now, even just recently:
Dobbins - repeated complications and surgeries, worst-case runout
Javonte - sapped of effectiveness, and just suffered a hip-flexor with an MRI to come
Saquon - had ankle injuries from bad luck as much as anything, but apart from that escaped his comeback year pretty clean and has been effective

There's others I'm forgetting, my brain is mush today watching this absolutely god-awful Giants team pal around on the field... :doh:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:36 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:08 pm
waynesworld1234 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:02 pm He's going to be fine. Seems to me that he doesn't fully trust the knee yet. It looks like he gives himself up a bit on plays where he's in the grasp rather than try to fight through the tackle with his legs.

This should be every Breece shareholder's primary concern: getting through 2023 unscathed. Jets are actually doing a massive solid to him as a dynasty asset this year by ramping him up slowly, even though I know people counting on him don't want to hear that right now.

Data on athletes who have major lower body injuries is screaming in the direction of "incredibly likely to experience serious re-injury" during that comeback year. Is it because they favour their leg differently, or they're overcompensating? Or just that it's already injured? I don't know, I'm *definitely* not a doctor, but it does look like a real thing.

Consider some of the sample now, even just recently:
Dobbins - repeated complications and surgeries, worst-case runout
Javonte - sapped of effectiveness, and just suffered a hip-flexor with an MRI to come
Saquon - had ankle injuries from bad luck as much as anything, but apart from that escaped his comeback year pretty clean and has been effective

There's others I'm forgetting, my brain is mush today watching this absolutely god-awful Giants team pal around on the field... :doh:
It's a bit further back, but didn't Dalvin have a hammy the year after his ACL? Even Kendre Miller had a re-injury to his knee, and a compensation hammy, this season, after his late season injury last year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:36 pm It's a bit further back, but didn't Dalvin have a hammy the year after his ACL? Even Kendre Miller had a re-injury to his knee, and a compensation hammy, this season, after his late season injury last year.
Yeah, bingo. Great examples. I know there's more too... I was half-listening to a fantasy podcast talking about it in the recap shows when they were talking about Javonte. They were firing out a list of guys.

Once you get on that leg-injury cycle, it can be tough to break. You really need to get lucky and hope for no further complications.

So far so good for Breece, though. I legit hope he makes it through the year, because he's absolutely electric to watch.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:30 am

RB tier list:

RBs who are healthy

-tier break-

RBs who are not healthy

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:44 am

Burst looks good. Just hoping he gets out of this season without any compensation injuries and then jets passing game recovers next year.

Don't think I'll ever have any shares of him because of he crashes this year I don't think I'd want to invest in him and if he doesn't I don't see a reason to invest more into a RB with an ACL surgery on his record.

But that being said, I hope he recovers great and is an electric player for years to come.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 am

abloom wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:44 am Burst looks good. Just hoping he gets out of this season without any compensation injuries and then jets passing game recovers next year.

Don't think I'll ever have any shares of him because of he crashes this year I don't think I'd want to invest in him and if he doesn't I don't see a reason to invest more into a RB with an ACL surgery on his record.

But that being said, I hope he recovers great and is an electric player for years to come.
Yeah if anything my plan is to try to buy low in the offseason or maybe around this year's trade deadline if his value continues to decline

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 am
abloom wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:44 am Burst looks good. Just hoping he gets out of this season without any compensation injuries and then jets passing game recovers next year.

Yeah if anything my plan is to try to buy low in the offseason or maybe around this year's trade deadline if his value continues to decline
Given the current RB landscape I just don't see.his value dropping significantly. If he doesn't have an injury this year I think he'll still be valued as a top 4-6 RB at worst.

Everyone has bijan as the rb1 right now, but who's the RB2?

Gibbs hasn't gotten off to an amazing start
Achane has put up 2 awesome weeks
CMC has put up the numbers but is older
Walker is solid and is holding off charbs well but still charbs is going to be there
JT is unhappy with Indy and is still coming back from injury
Swift hasn't don't enough yet to rebound

Honestly I think I have CMC at RB2 just because he puts up huge numbers and maybe his remaining career length is similar to the rest.

I just don't see hall crashing unless he suffers an injury.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:22 am

abloom wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 am

Given the current RB landscape I just don't see.his value dropping significantly. If he doesn't have an injury this year I think he'll still be valued as a top 4-6 RB at worst.

Everyone has bijan as the rb1 right now, but who's the RB2?

Gibbs hasn't gotten off to an amazing start
Achane has put up 2 awesome weeks
CMC has put up the numbers but is older
Walker is solid and is holding off charbs well but still charbs is going to be there
JT is unhappy with Indy and is still coming back from injury
Swift hasn't don't enough yet to rebound

Honestly I think I have CMC at RB2 just because he puts up huge numbers and maybe his remaining career length is similar to the rest.

I just don't see hall crashing unless he suffers an injury.
I totally agree that he will still be a top 5 RB or so if he gets through injury free. But the gap between him and the top RB continues to rise. Kind of like how Javonte was the RB3 an offseason ago by default, but he was nowhere near the value of the top guys.

Instead of paying 2-3 1sts for Breece, it's getting to 1 1st+

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:06 pm

I think he’s looked much healthier the second half of the season. A lot more trust in his knee and invites contact. Had 1-2 fines from using the crown of his head, but definitely nice to see he’s feeling better on the field. Had a heavy workload in the fantasy playoffs, including a game with 36 opportunities. If this is his floor for a healthy season then I’m happy to hold for the next few years.

He does seem a bit immature / takes things personally. There was the off-season tweet about not wanting the Cook signing (when he’s a rookie rehabbing a torn ACL). Early season tweet about touches. Pro-bowl snub. Wish he would just focus on his craft and keep it in house. Still, coming back from an ACL the way he did shows a strong mental attitude and I’m not too worried about it.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:16 pm

Honestly could see him having a Leveon Vell type career… in all the positive ways. Strong rusher, caught nearly 75 passes this year. I expect his receptions to go down by 25-35 next year with Rodgers back and elevating other pass catchers and checking down less… but rushing and TDs should go up significantly.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:11 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:16 pm Honestly could see him having a Leveon Vell type career… in all the positive ways. Strong rusher, caught nearly 75 passes this year. I expect his receptions to go down by 25-35 next year with Rodgers back and elevating other pass catchers and checking down less… but rushing and TDs should go up significantly.
100% agree here. Rodgers is a down field passer. I think Hall benefited from the weak QB play. I was never a Hall truther before this season but he really impressed me alot and if Aaron can air it out, the space to run for Hall should be even better in 2024
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5