Nico Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Nico Collins

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:35 pm

It looks like it's happening. Didn't see a thread, but this kid is balling.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Nico Collins

Postby mild » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 pm

The John Metchie Hive are in absolute shambles :lol:

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:46 pm

A month ago I would’ve had trouble finding a trade partner who would offer a 3rd for him. Now, I wouldn’t take a 1st for him unless I felt confident it was going to be early-ish.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:52 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:46 pm A month ago I would’ve had trouble finding a trade partner who would offer a 3rd for him. Now, I wouldn’t take a 1st for him unless I felt confident it was going to be early-ish.
Me neither, he's been incredible. It's not like the Steelers are a bad D, either.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Just before the season started I had an offer hit my inbox. Give a 2024 3rd-rounder for Collins. I thought about it for a bit, then figured what the heck.

Looking like that was a value at this point. Stroud, Collins, and Dell growing together and could form a nice trio moving forward.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:26 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:54 pm Just before the season started I had an offer hit my inbox. Give a 2024 3rd-rounder for Collins. I thought about it for a bit, then figured what the heck.

Looking like that was a value at this point. Stroud, Collins, and Dell growing together and could form a nice trio moving forward.
Nico moves really well for a big guy. He's got that RZ presence, but he's so much more.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:17 pm

I'm on board. He's been solid

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Hey uhhh Mild…oldie but a goodie….
mild wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:47 pm
Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs at the end of November for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, a 1st (1.11 that I ended up flipping for Schultz in a TEP) and 2nd.

With that said…… this may be a great time to kick the tire on Jacobs and get a solid rebuilding haul.

¢¢
You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade?
let me know when its appropriate for me to celebrate… :thumbup:
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:23 pm Hey uhhh Mild…oldie but a goodie….
Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs at the end of November for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, a 1st (1.11 that I ended up flipping for Schultz in a TEP) and 2nd.

With that said…… this may be a great time to kick the tire on Jacobs and get a solid rebuilding haul.

¢¢
You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade?
Lol :thumbup:

Congrats on buying Dalton Schultz for a 1st :lol:

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:30 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:23 pm Hey uhhh Mild…oldie but a goodie….

Lol :thumbup:

Congrats on buying Dalton Schultz for a 1st :lol:
for a start 2 TE, TEP league it’s not a terrible dart throw. Say what you will Nico alone was the best dynasty piece in the deal. Everything else was just a lot of icing.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm for a start 2 TE, TEP league it’s not a terrible dart throw. Say what you will Nico alone was the best dynasty piece in the deal. Everything else was just a lot of icing.
You sold during the peak of Josh Jacob's 2022 Rushing Champ value.

You could have gotten more at the time. Hindsight is a lovely thing.

Nico Collins is still valued less than Josh Jacobs by most sites, but I agree that if you're a rebuilder (and I'm guessing you are) you've got the right piece.

Happy for you tho :D

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:35 pm It looks like it's happening. Didn't see a thread, but this kid is balling.
The old third year WR breakout!

I've been trying to buy high. That window is likely shut now that he's strung together 3/4 nice starts.

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:21 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm for a start 2 TE, TEP league it’s not a terrible dart throw. Say what you will Nico alone was the best dynasty piece in the deal. Everything else was just a lot of icing.
You sold during the peak of Josh Jacob's 2022 Rushing Champ value.

You could have gotten more at the time. Hindsight is a lovely thing.

Nico Collins is still valued less than Josh Jacobs by most sites, but I agree that if you're a rebuilder (and I'm guessing you are) you've got the right piece.

Happy for you tho :D
“You could have gotten more”

And that, my friends is conjecture….. as you don’t KNOW what more actually is, let alone if it was available. You’re really only saying that to score an imaginary point. :roll: But let’s say you’re right…. even if I “could have gotten more” and even if I “slightly lost the trade” for the last couple of weeks of last season here are 3 things we actually KNOW as true….
A) Akers and Jacobs produced similarly down the stretch so short term is was a wash production wise
B) Keep Trade cut heavily favors my side of the trade right now less than a year later.
C) You made this snide comment in January which means that even after the season ended you still didn’t believe it was a good trade.

So save it….you were grossly wrong about Nico and that’s all I came here to s banter about in this newly minted Nico Collins thread. :D

:wave:
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
SF (1) Minshew

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:12 pm

I think he is a solid player but also a sell at the moment

Dont get me wrong im not just selling for anything but I think it is very probable this is more of a hot stretch considering it is clearly an outlier in the sample size we have (of course it could be a year 3 breakout but we don’t really see many of those nowadays from WRs who did not do much before)

On the other hand Dell—im buying and taking an L on the prospect. Willing to pay above the market value too

Honestly though cant blame anyone for wanting someone tied to Stroud. He is like the perfect QB to have a WR tied to

Sure Mahomes or Allen would be great but there are Kelce/Diggs there and Allen will always vulture rush TDs

The Herberts, Burrows and Strouds on the other hand

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:26 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:12 pm I think he is a solid player but also a sell at the moment

Dont get me wrong im not just selling for anything but I think it is very probable this is more of a hot stretch considering it is clearly an outlier in the sample size we have (of course it could be a year 3 breakout but we don’t really see many of those nowadays from WRs who did not do much before)

On the other hand Dell—im buying and taking an L on the prospect. Willing to pay above the market value too

Honestly though cant blame anyone for wanting someone tied to Stroud. He is like the perfect QB to have a WR tied to

Sure Mahomes or Allen would be great but there are Kelce/Diggs there and Allen will always vulture rush TDs

The Herberts, Burrows and Strouds on the other hand
I'm curious, what are you selling Collins for?