Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:12 am

Not sure you can call Parker a 5th year breakout. More of a 5th year fluke. Breakout somewhat implies that he was good after his 5th year as well, which he has not been. Jeudy already has more 800+ yard seasons than Parker's entire career.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:58 am

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:12 am Not sure you can call Parker a 5th year breakout. More of a 5th year fluke. Breakout somewhat implies that he was good after his 5th year as well, which he has not been. Jeudy already has more 800+ yard seasons than Parker's entire career.
1). More of a joke on 'late break-out WR's than anything.
2). It isn't worth talking more about Parker (not because I don't value your opinion, just because there's not much to be gained from the discussion).

I've got Jeudy in 2/3 leagues... was hoping he was going to continue what happened in the 2nd half of last season. That hamstring injury really put a damper on that so far, although his last game was promising (even if it was bouyed by one 40+ yd reception). Sutton's resurgence isn't encouraging for Jeudy's stock, nor is Mims looking legit. My guess is Sutton could be traded to a contender... the question is if Jeudy can become the WR1 in DEN if/when that happens.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:41 am

Sutton has had the field to himself for the most part. Jeudy has plenty of work coming to him and I think he is the better player. The real question is can Jeudy stay healthy long enough for any of this to matter? As a Jeudy owner, these injuries are very frustrating and starting to add up. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season then I think we will be very happy with his production.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Najee, Dobbins, Chase Brown, Abanikanda
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 2.04, 3.06
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:12 am

Gazzerk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:41 am Sutton has had the field to himself for the most part. Jeudy has plenty of work coming to him and I think he is the better player. The real question is can Jeudy stay healthy long enough for any of this to matter? As a Jeudy owner, these injuries are very frustrating and starting to add up. If he can stay healthy the rest of the season then I think we will be very happy with his production.
Sutton's cool and all, but y'all should be talking about the true sleeping monster in Denver: Marvin Mims.

https://twitter.com/jagibbs_23/status/1 ... 2753677689

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/sta ... 6371011033

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/sta ... 0291409130
Marvin Mims has run 27 routes through three games.

He has turned those 27 routes into 195 receiving yards, more than any Bronco.

Courtland Sutton (189 yards) is close. He’s run 107 routes. Mims has more yards and has run 80 fewer routes.
Current Leaders in YPRR

1. Marvin Mims (7.22)
2. Tyreek Hill (5.09)
3. Brandon Aiyuk (3.66)
4. Keenan Allen (3.59)

Current Leaders in Routes Run

1. Justin Jefferson (141)
2. KJ Osborn (130)
175. Noah Brown (36)
194. Latavius Murray (30)
200. Marvin Mims (27)
Everything about what this kid is doing so far screams "this rookie needs more targets, more touches, and more routes". He is the only receiver drafted by this regime; who they aggressively traded up to get him despite having almost no remaining draft capital thanks to the Russ trade.

The Broncos have control options on both Jeudy and Sutton until 2024/5, and even longer if they use the tag. I think if you're a Jeudy owner, you're praying he escapes Denver pronto - but they legitimately might tag him in '25 if it comes to it. Either way...

Jeudy *could* come back and establish a dominant target share.

Or.

They could all just start cannibalising each other, week-to-week, as Mims snap and target share starts to grow.

I am not convinced that Russell can support more than 1 good WR performance per week with the Broncos playing a run heavy, slow paced offense - let alone 3 of them.

Week 9 is the Broncos bye. If the Mims ascension hasn't completely happened by then, expect it to really kick in Week 10 onwards from the post-bye Rookie bump.

Best hope the end of 2022 wasn't a fluke to all my Jeudy bros that are still riding the train. :boohoo:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 am

He's no Marvin Mims.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:17 am

The Dirty Birds wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:10 am How are people feeling about him these days? Has he fallen behind Courtland Sutton cause it sure seems like it thus far.
Seems to me this is an exercise in comparing two average WR's.

Sutton has played in 68 games with 5 100+ yard games.
Jeudy has played in 43 games with 5 100+ yard games.

In three seasons Jeudy has had 100 or more targets twice.
In five seasons Sutton has had 100 or more targets twice.

I still think Jeudy is more talented but I moved on from these two long ago no matter how one wants to compare them.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmfqJn4wcs

Just going to post this here to, after his 3/14 night. Spicy! :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:42 pm

Basically if “mid” was a player

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:51 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:42 pm Basically if “mid” was a player
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NhV9pP6A4U4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEQ8OTndwA

He seems like a good kid. :lol: Purposely going over there and getting in their space, and then drops a 3/14 line. :lol:

All bark, no bite, as they say.
Janiel Dones Truther

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:59 pm

He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed…
Jeudy wore a gold Star of David pendant around his neck during his media session Tuesday at the annual gathering of top NFL prospects.

Asked about its significance, he explained it was in reference to the first syllable of his surname.

"My last name's Jeudy. People sometimes call me 'Jew,' ... So, I just got a Jewish star," he explained. "I'm not Jewish, though."

Jeudy, the headliner of a deep wide receiver class, tweeted an apology.

"Don't mean no disrespect to the Jewish people! I'm sorry to the people who take my chain offensive!!" Jeudy wrote.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:07 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:59 pm He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed…
Jeudy wore a gold Star of David pendant around his neck during his media session Tuesday at the annual gathering of top NFL prospects.

Asked about its significance, he explained it was in reference to the first syllable of his surname.

"My last name's Jeudy. People sometimes call me 'Jew,' ... So, I just got a Jewish star," he explained. "I'm not Jewish, though."

"Don't mean no disrespect to the Jewish people! I'm sorry to the people who take my chain offensive!!" Jeudy wrote.
I mean i don’t think it’s disrespectful…I actually don’t even know what to think of that lmao

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:08 pm

JAG = just a guy
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:13 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:07 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:59 pm He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed…

I mean i don’t think it’s disrespectful…I actually don’t even know what to think of that lmao
It's extremely ignorant. He's too oblivious/stupid for it to be purposely offensive. Just a complete lack of awareness.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:31 am

He's been disappointing from a production standpoint. Some of that is him, some of that is being with Drew Lock for two years and Russell Wilson's regression last year. Still, I thought he had a chance to be a special talent, especially as a route runner and separator.

He showed signs of life towards the end of last season and looked good. I'm interested to see what a change of scenery does for him, but I don't think he has that upside to be really, really good anymore. We may see a few good T-24 seasons, but that's probably it.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:05 am

He needs a change of scenery. Fortunately, that should be coming soon
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave