Do any of the owners in your league not understand what rebuild means?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do any of the owners in your league not understand what rebuild means?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:03 am

More so a rant than anything else…but every time I am blowing up a team, and I put one of my “older” players on the block, I get trade offers sending me players that are the same age or older than the one I am trying to trade. I specifically state in the chat what I am looking for, and that I am rebuilding, and I still get trash offers. Is it me? I guess i should be grateful that I am getting offers at all, but these stupid offers make me not want to even engage with these people.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Do any of the owners in your league not understand what rebuild means?

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:12 am

It's not just you.

The trade block is a weird tool. It SHOULD be useful, but your leaguemates often choose to hear "I don't believe in this player and I want them off my roster" instead of hearing "This player doesn't fit my competitive window or build, I'll give them up, but only if it makes sense for my team"

Take the stupid trade offers and just use them as an invitation to find a more suitable deal. They're telling you they're interested in your player, and effectively identifying your market for you. If you make some counter-offers and your market truly is full of non-sense, then yeah move on lol

I totally get the notion to not even engage with the managers who made no effort to find a deal that works for both, I just try to treat it as an open door.

That said, I've found sending blind offers to be much more effective than the block. (Blind offers meaning ones that I've looked at my potential trade partner's team, identified a potential need, and sent the player that I'd usually be putting on the block in exchange for something that works for me). It should be easier to find middle ground if you start from a more rational place. And in order to start from a more rational place, you'll (more often than not) need to be the initiator

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:21 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:12 am It's not just you.

The trade block is a weird tool. It SHOULD be useful, but your leaguemates often choose to hear "I don't believe in this player and I want them off my roster" instead of hearing "This player doesn't fit my competitive window or build, I'll give them up, but only if it makes sense for my team"

Take the stupid trade offers and just use them as an invitation to find a more suitable deal. They're telling you they're interested in your player, and effectively identifying your market for you. If you make some counter-offers and your market truly is full of non-sense, then yeah move on lol

I totally get the notion to not even engage with the managers who made no effort to find a deal that works for both, I just try to treat it as an open door.

That said, I've found sending blind offers to be much more effective than the block. (Blind offers meaning ones that I've looked at my potential trade partner's team, identified a potential need, and sent the player that I'd usually be putting on the block in exchange for something that works for me). It should be easier to find middle ground if you start from a more rational place. And in order to start from a more rational place, you'll (more often than not) need to be the initiator
:clap:

As frustrating as lowball offers are they're (sometimes) better than nothing. I hate crickets. Like Mike said, at least it opens the door to something potentially in the long run.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:56 am

Not just you. In a single copy 32 team league (so QBs are extremely valuable), I have both Geno Smith and the pick that became Bryce Young. I put both on the block and said if I trade Geno, then I want picks/young players in return (to kick off rebuild status); to move Bryce, I’m looking for win-now to players. I only got offers of picks for Bryce…
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:00 am

It's all leagues. But I'd rather get bad offers than no offers.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:07 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:12 am
Take the stupid trade offers and just use them as an invitation to find a more suitable deal. They're telling you they're interested in your player, and effectively identifying your market for you.
sage advice
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:45 am

Make sure you state that you want to get YOUNGER. Some don't get that. They may not associate REBUILD with young/rookie. I feel your pain though. Good luck. If it helps, start sending out offers for rookies/young guys to show them what you mean. They'll get it eventually (hopefully).
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:48 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:00 am It's all leagues. But I'd rather get bad offers than no offers.
Ditto, at least you know someone who has interest in a player and can counter
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson