Puka Nacua

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Puka Nacua

Postby Two Cents » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:42 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:17 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:36 am Seems pretty rational to have 2 guys who have done much more in the NFL ranked over 2 guys who haven't done as much
Agree
Soooooooooooo is MHJ a better dynasty WR than lets say.....Puka Nacua? Terry McLaurin? Nico Collins? Michael Pittman? Im not sure the logic of "has done more in the NFL" actually tracks as a valid argument even when the time difference is significant. Based on that logic MHJ is probably not even in the top 15 WR's. But let me take it in another direction......

Imagine comparing 2021 Amari Cooper to 2021 Justin Jefferson. Sure JJ had a great rookie season...but based on the aforementioned logic Amari Cooper had been doing it for 7 years up until that point. At what point did anyone take Amari Cooper over Justin Jefferson in dynasty? Maybe before the season started. Maybe a couple of weeks into the season. But surely not for very long. One year isn't long enough to say "someone has done much more", especially when the numbers don't support a significant difference being present. And even when someone has been doing it longer, unless the levels of production are significantly different, its moot either way because most people would rather have Justin Jefferson than Amari Cooper simply based on age.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:02 am

Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:42 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:36 am Seems pretty rational to have 2 guys who have done much more in the NFL ranked over 2 guys who haven't done as much
Agree
Soooooooooooo is MHJ a better dynasty WR than lets say.....Puka Nacua? Terry McLaurin? Nico Collins? Michael Pittman? Im not sure the logic of "has done more in the NFL" actually tracks as a valid argument even when the time difference is significant. Based on that logic MHJ is probably not even in the top 15 WR's. But let me take it in another direction......

Imagine comparing 2021 Amari Cooper to 2021 Justin Jefferson. Sure JJ had a great rookie season...but based on the aforementioned logic Amari Cooper had been doing it for 7 years up until that point. At what point did anyone take Amari Cooper over Justin Jefferson in dynasty? Maybe before the season started. Maybe a couple of weeks into the season. But surely not for very long. One year isn't long enough to say "someone has done much more", especially when the numbers don't support a significant difference being present. And even when someone has been doing it longer, unless the levels of production are significantly different, its moot either way because most people would rather have Justin Jefferson than Amari Cooper simply based on age.
NFL production isnt the only way to value a player. Apples to Oranges comparisons here also. One example a guy isn't in the league at all, so all we can do is project. Another example, there is a large age gap. JJ was ahead of Amari by the end of that rookie season, guaranteed.

But Wilson, Olave, JSN and Addison have recent rookie years to compare each other to (and another solid year for Wilson and Olave that adds some consistency to their profiles). So compare those 4 and let me know what you find.

I personally think all are talented and deserving of being top WR to build around. But we've seen much more from Wilson/Olave than Addison/JSN. It's very fair to have the former ranked higher imo.

If you think Addison or JSN should be ranked higher, well there's a great trade opportunity for you out there

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:03 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:02 am

Agree

NFL production isnt the only way to value a player. Apples to Oranges comparisons here also. One example a guy isn't in the league at all, so all we can do is project. Another example, there is a large age gap. JJ was ahead of Amari by the end of that rookie season, guaranteed.

But Wilson, Olave, JSN and Addison have recent rookie years to compare each other to (and another solid year for Wilson and Olave that adds some consistency to their profiles). So compare those 4 and let me know what you find.

I personally think all are talented and deserving of being top WR to build around. But we've seen much more from Wilson/Olave than Addison/JSN. It's very fair to have the former ranked higher imo.

If you think Addison or JSN should be ranked higher, well there's a great trade opportunity for you out there
That's exactly right.

One of the best values I get out of the DLF Forum is gauging where my assessment of players differs from the pack. Those are the players I usually try to trade (either for or away). I like being in the minority on a player - but not for the sake of being contrarian.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:40 am

tstafford wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:03 am

That's exactly right.

One of the best values I get out of the DLF Forum is gauging where my assessment of players differs from the pack. Those are the players I usually try to trade (either for or away). I like being in the minority on a player - but not for the sake of being contrarian.
Agreed. Sometimes I have found some great deals on players due to this. Doesn't always work out but you can't just buy/sell and do everything at market value if you want an advantage

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:07 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:40 am
tstafford wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:03 am

That's exactly right.

Agreed. Sometimes I have found some great deals on players due to this. Doesn't always work out but you can't just buy/sell and do everything at market value if you want an advantage
Yep sometimes ya gotta take a risk you believe in but make it an educated one.

Look at SF and Trey Lance
Chicago and Trubitsky

Could go on and on. Moral is risk is on thing, setting your team back considerably for the near future is another
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:42 am

Puka in that offense is the next Kupp. He just broke the ALL TIME rookie receiving record for both yards and receptions.

He finished top 5 in points and top 7 in points per game at WR in fantasy.

Puka is a beast and trading him for any rookie WR straight up isn't an auto win even if you love Marvin Harrison Jr. or one of the other projected WR1's entering this draft.

He is the poster child for showing draft capital is a tool. He was overlooked in the draft and 31 team should be kicking themselves for letting fall to the 5th round, 177th pick.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:27 am

He's Elite. My only concern is Stafford is 36 and the injury history. But he also has 2 more years under contract and is a tough sob, so this is a concern for another day. Can Puka do it with a different QB? My guess is he will be fine, but I also wouldn't expect 10 targets per game.

I'd still probably swing for MHJ and Nabers, but Puka is worth an early 1st in SF

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 pm

Forget rookies.

I have an offer on the table of Puka Nacua + Nico Collins + 2024 2.03 and 2.05 for Lamb.

Any shot that gets accepted, or am I wasting my time?

The Lamb owner is starting 4 WR's, Lamb, Pittman, Doubs, and Chark.
He has no 2024 1st or 2nd round picks.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:40 pm Forget rookies.

I have an offer on the table of Puka Nacua + Nico Collins + 2024 2.03 and 2.05 for Lamb.

Send it. Though there is always a chance Puka is just as good.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:18 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 pm

Yes, I get that, but I am also trying to free up roster space.
I only need to start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 Flex, and I have:
RB: Bijan, Breece, Jahmyr, ETN
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Puka, Nico, London, JSN, Flowers

Also have 24 1.05, 1.11, 2.03, 2.05, 2.08, 3.09, 5.11 in 2024 12 team SF draft.

So if I can move 4 pieces for Lamb, then I don't have to worry about dropping players in my Taxi: Zay Flowers, Micahel Mayer, Tank Bigsby.
I can free up my Taxi slots for draft picks.

Embarrassment of riches.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:18 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:57 pm

Yes, I get that, but I am also trying to free up roster space.
I only need to start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 2 Flex, and I have:
RB: Bijan, Breece, Jahmyr, ETN
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Puka, Nico, London, JSN, Flowers

Also have 24 1.05, 1.11, 2.03, 2.05, 2.08, 3.09, 5.11 in 2024 12 team SF draft.

So if I can move 4 pieces for Lamb, then I don't have to worry about dropping players in my Taxi: Zay Flowers, Micahel Mayer, Tank Bigsby.
I can free up my Taxi slots for draft picks.

Embarrassment of riches.
Cool, then go for it. I like Lamb better anyway, feel he's more secure. Part of me feels like Puka is smoke/mirrors. LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:09 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm Part of me feels like Puka is smoke/mirrors. LOL.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:00 pm

mild wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:09 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:23 pm Part of me feels like Puka is smoke/mirrors. LOL.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
The smoke is he’s on fire and the mirror is his rear view one. I’m sold, he is legit.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:18 am

I’m fine valuing Puka as a WR2, but can’t put him into the WR1 tier. That’s just where I’m comfortable with things. This realistically could be his best season. He’s a quality player I have 75% ownership of as he was a target late round pick I lucked out on, so I’m not trying to depress his outlook either. He’s a quality WR with versatility, and while I’m hopeful he can go ARSB, I’m not banking on it. That said, Kupp is a clear example of what a quality, versatile weapon can do in that offense, and was also a lower pick. The path has been shown to us. I do think he can be that type of guy too (albeit I can’t expect that same high end consistently).

If I can diversify and reduce my portfolio for a WR like Olave/Wilson by making a small add, or transitioning to an extra share of Nabers, I’ll be doing that. I (perhaps incorrectly) feel like Olave/Wilson have higher ceilings and similar outlook on sustained useful production. Nabers is more risky and would be a target post landing spot.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:48 pm

I'm not denying that Puka has played great, but when I say smoke/mirrors (and there is only a part of me that feels that way) it's wondering if it's the SYSTEM he's in, or the fact that Stafford may be is a "wr king-maker."

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/ ... 4831067549

Matthew Stafford remains the WR kingmaker. Been behind:

1. Best WR season ever (Cooper Kupp, 2021)
2. Second-best WR season ever (Calvin Johnson, 2012)
3. Kenny Golladay top-10 WR (2018, 2019)
4. Golden Tate 1300-yard season (2014)
5. Marvin Jones three 9-TD seasons (2017, 2019, 2020)
6. Tutu Atwell (5'9/165) winning at NFL level (2023)
7. Puka Nacua best fantasy WR in NFL (2023)

So as long as Puka is in LAR and has Stafford, I think he'll continue to be elite. I love my share and am happy to have him.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: