General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Puka Nacua

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:40 pm

mild wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:26 pm
81- wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:09 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:36 pm Unless I’m missing some sarcasm, I’m confused…why tf are y’all trying to sell him?
He is not the second coming of Jefferson. Unless you are a contender and need the depth, great.. keep him and play him, but if you are in that muddled middle or gasping for air.....sell sell sell.
Uhhhh.

Stafford will be back after they BYE in Week 11.

I'd gladly grab Puka for the Playoffs if someone's panic-selling.
That’s what I’m saying. If we’re selling him because he might be unproductive with…Brett Rypien…what game are we playing?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 pm

I personally asked because I have:

Lamb, Diggs, DJM, Olave, Downs

and am in first looking to push into playoffs.

Puka + Jacobs for what? CMC? ETN?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:17 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 pm I personally asked because I have:

I wouldn't trade them both unless I got like 7-8 assets or so in return. Trading 2 for 1 doesn't really work long term in my opinion unless the 1 player is younger than both of the 2 players Im trading. With that said Jacobs and Puka for ETN could work. It just feels like you should get a tiny something else - maybe a pick? But even then you're putting a lot of eggs into a fragile basket...

A general rule of thumb that I have when Im loaded is to find a middling team who has some win now pieces and some good long term dynasty assets and convince them to make a push and trade up for Jacobs while you trade down and gain some of their assets. Example: 2 years ago I traded Chubb for Jacobs ++ and then last year I traded Jacobs for Collins, Akers a 1st and 2nd. You may not be able to get that entire haul now for Jacobs, definitely not for Chubb. But my point is that its not out of the realm to trade Jacobs and Puca each for a future reload while you are currently stacked on the front end. I would go that route instead because it will help you stay on top long term while also enabling you to continue competing. I would assume that you'd be needing to replace Diggs soon, and CMC as amazing as he is, is no spry chicken. I would start the process of rebuilding the back end of your roster now by trading for a bunch of assets instead of consolidating that value into 1.

A trade example for me would be....
Jacobs for
Michael Wilson, some picks, and one of these 4 - Rachaad White, Roschon Johnson, Spears, or Kendre.

The picks I would want would fluctuate based on how I feel about the RB included.

An example for Puka would be
Collins, Mingo or either Doubs or Reed, and a couple picks.

I think you missed your window on Gibbs or Achane, otherwise that would have been the perfect package trade target at the beginning of the season. Tee Higgins, Pickens, and Garret Wilson might be sneaky targets to dangle Puca out there for....but ideally someone like the players above could get a better haul on top of him for Puca in comparison to those that are currently bigger in name value.

At the end of the day the only move I wouldn't do here is trade both for CMC. If your roster is already strong you might not even need him, so its better IMO to focus on using your excess to sustain your success over the long term.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:29 am

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:17 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 pm I personally asked because I have:

I wouldn't trade them both unless I got like 7-8 assets or so in return.
7-8 assets is wild and not possible in 90% of leagues. No one is trading half their assets for Puka/Jacobs.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:48 am

I wouldn't trade them both unless I got like 7-8 assets or so in return. Trading 2 for 1 doesn't really work long term in my opinion unless the 1 player is younger than both of the 2 players Im trading. With that said Jacobs and Puka for ETN could work. It just feels like you should get a tiny something else - maybe a pick? But even then you're putting a lot of eggs into a fragile basket...

A general rule of thumb that I have when Im loaded is to find a middling team who has some win now pieces and some good long term dynasty assets and convince them to make a push and trade up for Jacobs while you trade down and gain some of their assets. Example: 2 years ago I traded Chubb for Jacobs ++ and then last year I traded Jacobs for Collins, Akers a 1st and 2nd. You may not be able to get that entire haul now for Jacobs, definitely not for Chubb. But my point is that its not out of the realm to trade Jacobs and Puca each for a future reload while you are currently stacked on the front end. I would go that route instead because it will help you stay on top long term while also enabling you to continue competing. I would assume that you'd be needing to replace Diggs soon, and CMC as amazing as he is, is no spry chicken. I would start the process of rebuilding the back end of your roster now by trading for a bunch of assets instead of consolidating that value into 1.

A trade example for me would be....
Jacobs for
Michael Wilson, some picks, and one of these 4 - Rachaad White, Roschon Johnson, Spears, or Kendre.

The picks I would want would fluctuate based on how I feel about the RB included.

An example for Puka would be
Collins, Mingo or either Doubs or Reed, and a couple picks.

I think you missed your window on Gibbs or Achane, otherwise that would have been the perfect package trade target at the beginning of the season. Tee Higgins, Pickens, and Garret Wilson might be sneaky targets to dangle Puca out there for....but ideally someone like the players above could get a better haul on top of him for Puca in comparison to those that are currently bigger in name value.

At the end of the day the only move I wouldn't do here is trade both for CMC. If your roster is already strong you might not even need him, so its better IMO to focus on using your excess to sustain your success over the long term.
Thanks. Appreciate it.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:49 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:29 am

I wouldn't trade them both unless I got like 7-8 assets or so in return.
7-8 assets is wild and not possible in 90% of leagues. No one is trading half their assets for Puka/Jacobs.
That does seem a bit much, yes.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:04 pm

3 for 32. The sell window has been slammed shut
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:14 pm

81- wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:04 pm 3 for 32. The sell window has been slammed shut
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolute parody.

Gimme all the shares that you definitely don't own (please and thankyou)

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:29 pm

81- wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:04 pm 3 for 32. The sell window has been slammed shut
The buy window has opened
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.01, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:49 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:29 pm
The hold window is letting grandma's warm pie cool on the sill.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:15 pm

Puke-a Nacua

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:25 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:15 pm Puke-a Nacua
Huge if true!!! :o :o :o

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:15 pm Puke-a Nacua
:lol:
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:49 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:29 pm
The hold window is letting grandma's warm pie cool on the sill.
Mmmm warm apple pie
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year