First Dynasty Bestball start up

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

First Dynasty Bestball start up

Postby PTW32 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:06 pm

12 Team SF, PPR, 1.75 TE, .15 PPC, Start 11

I've never been in a dynasty bestball so I went in with a strategy other to get difference makers at QB and TE and rely on depth at WR and RB.

Here's how it turned out.

QB: Hurts, Tua, Stroud, Mac Jones, Dobbs
RB: James Cook, Penny, McKinnon, Hull, Jeff Wilson, Cordarrelle, McIntosh, Edmonds, Gaskin
WR: Aiyuk, Jeudy, Kirk, Lockett, Mingo, Alec Pierce, Dell, Trey Palmer, Charlie Jones, McKenzie, Skowronek
TE: Andrews, McBride, Bellinger, Gesicki, Trautman

3 extra 24 1sts, 2 extra 24 2nds

Where do I go from here? Trades, Roster Construction? Any advice for bestball vets?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: First Dynasty Bestball start up

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:14 pm

It's always tough to breakdown bestball because players blow up every week out of nowhere. That being said, I think your RBs will be a serious issue and hold back any real shot at contending. WR is also a bit ify but you should get decent production.

Hurts and your future 1sts are the best pieces to build around and hopefully Stroud hits and Tia stays healthy. I think your build needs a few trades, picks and time. Maybe a backend playoff team in year 1? I don't mean to be harsh, but I think you need to start shopping already. Hold your picks!

I hope your team comes together better than expected! Good luck.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:38 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:14 pm It's always tough to breakdown bestball because players blow up every week out of nowhere. That being said, I think your RBs will be a serious issue and hold back any real shot at contending. WR is also a bit ify but you should get decent production.

Hurts and your future 1sts are the best pieces to build around and hopefully Stroud hits and Tia stays healthy. I think your build needs a few trades, picks and time. Maybe a backend playoff team in year 1? I don't mean to be harsh, but I think you need to start shopping already. Hold your picks!

Not harsh at all.

Who would you look to trade and for what kind of return?

I took Mac Jones and Dobbs thinking maybe I could trade them for something. Maybe McKinnon or Lockett if they have a spike week or two?

I don't have a ton of interest being a backend playoff team but I'm also not sure how to "Tank" in best ball.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:58 am

PTW32 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:38 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:14 pm It's always tough to breakdown bestball because players blow up every week out of nowhere. That being said, I think your RBs will be a serious issue and hold back any real shot at contending. WR is also a bit ify but you should get decent production.

Not harsh at all.

Who would you look to trade and for what kind of return?

I took Mac Jones and Dobbs thinking maybe I could trade them for something. Maybe McKinnon or Lockett if they have a spike week or two?

I don't have a ton of interest being a backend playoff team but I'm also not sure how to "Tank" in best ball.
It's always tough right after a startup but I would shop your RBs and WRs to see what options are out there and where the leagues values are currently. No reason to force anything, but it never hurts to shop to see options.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:54 am

Ya this isn’t a contender (which I think you probably know going so light on rbs and acquiring futures), so I’d shop any rbs you can to gut it and try and lock in 1st pick.
I like the overall roster value, think you did pretty well, I’d look to shop lockett as well for sure and if someone is willing to pay up for andrews I’d move him as well (happy to hang on as well if needed though).

My goal would be to try and get 1st pick here unless someone else full tanked. That pick will be a 1st round startup so if you aren’t winning you should be trying to get it. Other than that, acquire as much value as you can to flip and compete next year.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:29 am

Mtt33 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:54 am Ya this isn’t a contender (which I think you probably know going so light on rbs and acquiring futures), so I’d shop any rbs you can to gut it and try and lock in 1st pick.
I like the overall roster value, think you did pretty well, I’d look to shop lockett as well for sure and if someone is willing to pay up for andrews I’d move him as well (happy to hang on as well if needed though).

My goal would be to try and get 1st pick here unless someone else full tanked. That pick will be a 1st round startup so if you aren’t winning you should be trying to get it. Other than that, acquire as much value as you can to flip and compete next year.
I was the only team to trade for any additional 1sts.

There are some other teams that went heavy on young players or could struggle because they drafted poorly for bestball (Only rostering 2QBs or 2TE) but no one seems to be intentionally tanking.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex