Bradford or Freeman?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Bradford or Freeman?

Postby sunnyd23 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Two QB's that have obviously underperformed this season. Who would you rather have. I personally like Bradford the way the NFL is set up, but Freeman has better pieces around him and the threat of running. What say you???
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Bradford or Freeman?

Postby tra151 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 am

I would rather have Bradford. I don't think freeman has very much upside. I think Bradford has a chance to "get it" at some point and be a fantasy factor.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:32 am

I agree. I'd rather have Bradford. By quite alot actually. Down year for him so don't sell low on him if you have to. Don't get me wrong, Freeman is nice to have but Bradford will be around for a lot longer and will make more of an impact.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:08 am

I'd rather own which ever one I could get cheaper in a trade or later in a start-up draft. One thing that no one has mentioned is that Freeman has already proven he can be a fantasy QB1. In a 6pt/TD league, he was the QB#7 in 2010.

northga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby northga » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:29 am

I'd rather roster Freeman. He is having a subpar year compared to last year but a lot that rests on the OC in Tampa. Olson had been an OC twice before being hired as a QB coach and then was hurriedly promoted in right before the last preseason game of 2009 whem R.Morris fired his OC. Last year, the Bucs caught Defenses by surprise but this year the Defenses have wised up and Olson hasn't changed his game plan to adapt.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 am

sunnyd23 wrote:Two QB's that have obviously underperformed this season. Who would you rather have. I personally like Bradford the way the NFL is set up, but Freeman has better pieces around him and the threat of running. What say you???
I disagree with Freeman having better pieces. They are both in crappy situations and need some elite talent from the draft next year.

Williams - possible bust
Benn - likely bust
Briscoe - middle round pick, been around the league and wasn't good enough for other teams - no production
Parker - slot wr at best
Winslow - a million injuries from the accident, probably not going to play a lot longer at a decent level
Blount - way overrated due to incredibly easy schedule last year and doesn't catch at all

I don't think their situations are that different. All comes down to who you believe in and, as above, depends a large amount on what the particualar owners want for them.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Bradford for me. Give him a couple more weapons and he'll be very productive.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Freeman for me, the fact hat he's a running threat on top of what he's already shown just makes me believe more in him.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowdudes - 14 team - SF, PPR, No TEP - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:00 pm

tra151 wrote:I would rather have Bradford. I don't think freeman has very much upside. I think Bradford has a chance to "get it" at some point and be a fantasy factor.
I like Sam as well. Esp if they manage to re-sign Lloyd.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski