Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 pm

yinzername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 pm I’m not saying gotcha. I’m saying it’s rampant. There’s bigger battles than the bros lookin for deals on a dff forum.
I get it, but my stance has always been this way with stuff like this. If you use these moments to try and win a deal and roster a guy at THIS point, I don't agree with your philosophy. Buying low on injuries, sure, but I want to cheer for players, and there's a line I have, and this crosses it, and hey, if it doesn't for you, cool..... BUT, we are not the same.

I suppose some will see it as me taking a high horse. Fine. Yes. That's my set of values. This guy clearly crossed it. I agree with Kurt G.O.A.T and BB.

This guy crossed a line and it was a miracle he didn't kill a bunch of people, and it was all for his selfish aims. I won't cheer for that. I won't congratulate you for landing that on your fake football roster at a slight discount because it might help you win 200 dollars at some point in the next 3 years.

I'm always going to root against people who think they can gain an edge in FANTASY, because they don't take any sort of moral stance on cheering for people. Information changes, it's the specific moment where you realize the guy is a terrible person, and that's when you want to roster him....just for a slight discount?

If that's the stance you take, kind of makes me question how you'd handle things that were actually important. But then, some people want to excuse this as a minor mess up, whereas I think it's a really heinous act, that requires a complete lack of a moral compass.

That's just me, and I'm entitled to my opinion, and you yours.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:29 pm

I get it. Like one of my things is I don’t truck with people who throw shade at strangers on the internet and try to flex their moral superiority, make assumptions about others and try to call them out on their values over a game
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:32 pm

I’m not sure what question was asked, but not sure we need a tangent about your high moral standing. Congrats on being the bigger person and your league titles that validate you. It’s very impressive.

I feel inspired to go make more offers for Rice now. Wish me luck.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 pm
yinzername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 pm I’m not saying gotcha. I’m saying it’s rampant. There’s bigger battles than the bros lookin for deals on a dff forum.
I suppose some will see it as me taking a high horse. Fine. Yes. That's my set of values. This guy clearly crossed it. I agree with Kurt G.O.A.T and BB.

If that's the stance you take, kind of makes me question how you'd handle things that were actually important. But then, some people want to excuse this as a minor mess up, whereas I think it's a really heinous act, that requires a complete lack of a moral compass.

That's just me, and I'm entitled to my opinion, and you yours.
Woah woah woah fellas, no need to go overboard with this stuff. It's a game of Magic: the Football Gathering, not a public trial.

No need to get crazy with each other or quit the forums or anything.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 pm
I get it, but my stance has always been this way with stuff like this. If you use these moments to try and win a deal and roster a guy at THIS point, I don't agree with your philosophy. Buying low on injuries, sure, but I want to cheer for players, and there's a line I have, and this crosses it, and hey, if it doesn't for you. Cool BUT, we are not the same.

This guy crossed a line and it was a miracle he didn't kill a bunch of people, and it was all for his selfish aims. I won't cheer for that. I won't congratulate you for landing that on your fake football roster at a slight discount because it might help you win 200 dollars at some point in the next 3 years.
I would say that if anyone wants to restrict their player pool by bad behavior that is 100% their choice and can’t fault them for that. I would agree that at some point seeing someone you loath on your roster takes your passion for this wonderful game away.

With that said, What Rice did could have killed someone and the only reason it didn’t was sheer luck. I’m in the safety business as a career and what this was in all accounts was a near miss. The action was reckless and he got lucky. He deserves a penalty for his actions not the outcome. It could have been far worse.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:38 pm

I never had rice on my teams and now never will. I've seen too many families shattered by people like this who have zero regard for other people on the road. Can't pull for a guy who acts like that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:42 pm

yinzername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:29 pm I get it. Like one of my things is I don’t truck with people who throw shade at strangers on the internet and try to flex their moral superiority, make assumptions about others and try to call them out on their values over a game
Bunch of buzz words..

It's a post I've made. "Your'e making the "assumption" that I'm "flexing" based on your viewpoint, that doesn't agree with mine. You've attribute the negative connotation of "flexing" (making a statement on how I view things) because you don't like it. You use the internet as some reason why my point is less valid, but it's the common medium we are able to communicate on. Most people who interect in face to face daily life are strangers, so what does it matter?

It's really not an assumption to see that people who use this situation for Rice don't hold morals to FF at all. I've been on this train the entire time, not just with Rice, FWIW. I don't agree with it. You can do it, but guess what? You're not getting congratulated for the deal you make, and I don't hope it works out for you, because yeah, I don't agree with the philosophy.

You don't think values can somewhat be ascertained over a game? My goodness man, that's one of the best ways to see people's values, I've played sports my entire life, and Fantast Football? This is a game based on a game.

Don't "truck" with me. I couldn't care less, but if you want to play word games with me, get ready for a long game.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:44 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:38 pm I never had rice on my teams and now never will. I've seen too many families shattered by people like this who have zero regard for other people on the road. Can't pull for a guy who acts like that.
Can 100% respect this approach. Agree that his actions were stupid and deserve penalty. Hopefully he he is punished accordingly. I’m sure the majority feels the same in this regard.

That said, those who roster don’t impact that outcome. Tough to condemn someone who is simply willing to ‘play the game’ and evaluate risk/reward opportunities. Such is a big part of the game we play. Buy Low / Sell High. Different things drive those, and I can’t speak poorly of those who choose to take advantage of it.
Last edited by FiremanEd on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:50 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:38 pm I never had rice on my teams and now never will. I've seen too many families shattered by people like this who have zero regard for other people on the road. Can't pull for a guy who acts like that.
Me too. I won't trade for him. What he did crossed a pretty obvious line for me. They were both his cars, drugs, fleeing, street racing in broad daylight on a busy highway. He should be in prison, IMO.

I just don't understand why this type of behaviour is sluffed off. Never will. It's reprehensible, and kills people. Ruggs wasn't so lucky, nor was the person or dog he killed. He was speeding at an insane rate, he was't even racing. Just being an idiot. I don't understand why street racing isn't a more major crime, though. The justice system really needs to catch up on that, IMO.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:42 pm
yinzername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:29 pm I get it. Like one of my things is I don’t truck with people who throw shade at strangers on the internet and try to flex their moral superiority, make assumptions about others and try to call them out on their values over a game
Bunch of buzz words..

It's a post I've made. "Your'e making the "assumption" that I'm "flexing" based on your viewpoint, that doesn't agree with mine. You've attribute the negative connotation of "flexing" (making a statement on how I view things) because you don't like it. You use the internet as some reason why my point is less valid, but it's the common medium we are able to communicate on. Most people who interect in face to face daily life are strangers, so what does it matter?

It's really not an assumption to see that people who use this situation for Rice don't hold morals to FF at all. I've been on this train the entire time, not just with Rice, FWIW. I don't agree with it. You can do it, but guess what? You're not getting congratulated for the deal you make, and I don't hope it works out for you, because yeah, I don't agree with the philosophy.

You don't think values can somewhat be ascertained over a game? My goodness man, that's one of the best ways to see people's values, I've played sports my entire life, and Fantast Football? This is a game based on a game.

Don't "truck" with me. I couldn't care less, but if you want to play word games with me, get ready for a long game.
No truck
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm

yinzername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:42 pm
Bunch of buzz words..

No truck
Bye.

Mutual block is for the best at this point, I think. Best of luck in life. We won't add to this forum interacting at this point.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:10 pm

Oh man. Guys, take a step back, count to 10, relax. We’re all here for a common goal - to make all of us a little better at a game that we enjoy.

I get where FF is coming from. I don’t play fantasy football for the financial benefits. I play for fun and for the social aspect. If I win some money that’s a great bonus, but if I lose the fun/social interaction is worth every penny and then some,

Because of that, I want to be able to pull for my players to do well on the field and I don’t want to put myself in a position to be rooting for guys like Rice or Watson, so I don’t roster them. If I did roster Rice right now I’d be willing to take a hit to move him. Winning just isn’t that important to me. If someone else rosters him, that’s their choice and it’s up to them how they justify it. I’m in no position to tell them how they should run their team and what criteria they should use to build that team. I’ve got more than enough of a job just dealing with myself.

I’d strongly advise - and giving advice is all it is - that we don’t let this hobby cross over into other parts of our lives and how we judge good/bad and spill into this forum. Make this a neutral ground, a Switzerland if you will, from the rest of the crap buzzing around all of us. I’m far from perfect and don’t always live with my own advice, but I try. We’ve got a common good here at this board, and it’s pretty cool especially in some particularly trying and divisive times for many of us.

Step back, count to 10, relax. Let’s keep it fun.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:20 pm

I appreciate it BB, I ain’t even mad. I don’t lose sleep over internet stuff or DFF stuff. I’m always havin fun
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

Injury Prone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Injury Prone » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:43 pm

I appreciate this conversation, but hope it doesn’t drive any wedges between group members. It’s helped me recognize a few things.

1. I’m fully expecting to be disappointed in the NFL for yet again slapping a player on the wrist for egregious behavior and actions. Many of us have noted that Rice ‘should’ be punished accordingly, yet folks are swarming to ‘buy low’ because few expect anything more than a 4-5 game suspension. Perhaps an opinion, but Rice should be humbled and grateful if he gets off easy with just a 1y suspension. But I’m not holding my breath.

2. I’ve turned a blind eye to my personal ownership of Deshaun. I have him on an orphan I snagged this winter, and have told myself I’ll sell him once his value goes up in-season (which may be a huge assumption). So I appreciate FantastyFreak for reminding me why I play the game. Maybe it’s a good thing to have the competitive-at-all-costs and the moral-high-ground folks to keep us all balanced as we see fit. For me personally, I want to win, but I want to win with a roster I’m proud of.
Team 1
12 team, TE prem ++, start 13
2Qb, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 4 Flex
QB: Watson, Stafford, Jimmy G, Tannehill
RB: Bijan, Achane, C Brown, Roschon, G Edwards, Chandler, Keandre, Ford, Demercado, Z Evans, Dotson, Edmonds
WR: Puka, DJM, Addison, Dionte, Kirk, Hollywood, Cooks, T Burks, T Scott
TE: LaPorta, Engram, Bellinger, B Jordan

1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 4.03, 4.09, 5.03, 6.03
2025: 2nd - 6th
2026: All, plus 2nd

Team 2. Champ 2023
12 team, SF, start 10
1QB, 2RB, 3Wr, 1TE, 1SF, 2 Flex
QB: Allen, Cousins, Stafford, D Jones
RB: Etienne, Taylor, Kyren, Connor, Perine, J Hill, M Sanders, Akers
WR: Davante, Addison, M Evans, K Allen, JSN, Cooks, Mims
TE: Engram, Njoku, D Allen

3.1, 3.12, 4.12
2025: 2nd - 4th
2026: all picks

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:10 pm I’d strongly advise - and giving advice is all it is - that we don’t let this hobby cross over into other parts of our lives and how we judge good/bad and spill into this forum. Make this a neutral ground, a Switzerland if you will, from the rest of the crap buzzing around all of us. I’m far from perfect and don’t always live with my own advice, but I try. We’ve got a common good here at this board, and it’s pretty cool especially in some particularly trying and divisive times for many of us.

Step back, count to 10, relax. Let’s keep it fun.
To quote the ubiquitous Wickerkat, "Yep". I know we don't agree on everything BB, but I very much respect your opinions and enjoy interacting on the forums. I think one skill, or personality trait we all could cultivate a bit is the ability to communicate and interact with people we don't necessarily agree with. And learn to do so without shutting them off or blocking them out.

If you're open to talking with people who have a little different point of view than your own, you just might learn something along the way. Maybe even adjust your own thinking a bit. Seems like this gets lost sometimes when everyone wants to "win" the Internet.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku