Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am
81- wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:43 am If he pays everyone off, it will get plead down to a wrist slap. Full speed ahead
Yeah, the ppl who think he’s going to do years in jail don’t quite understand our justice system.
Well, I pretty much understand right now that’s he’s in a position where he’s almost entirely at the mercy of the DA, so any time he is or is not sentenced with rides on their disposition, but to date Rice has not put forth a good look at all regarding remorse or cooperation despite his admission.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:29 am
yinzername wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 am charges are set up for an easy plea down, bet he get's 4 games max from the NFL

spamming my leagues with late/future 3rds and clogger WRs ala TIllman and Isoivas for Rice
This is just out of curiosity and not to be argumentative, but what incentive do you see for the DA in the case to plead the charges down? They have the video and Rice’s confession that fully support all the charges, which pretty much precludes the need for a trial. If the DA were to sustain all charges, what defense would Rice put forth?

The video shows callous disregard for all others as the group walks calmly from the scene as well as potentially removing other damaging evidence. Rice lawyered up immediately yet refused to communicate for days, providing Rice and his crew to coordinate and rehearse their responses, delaying to the point where warrants had to be issued.

It seems to me that the DA strongly holds the position of leverage in a high profile case where appearing soft in what looks like a slam dunk could be damaging to them. On the other hand, if the DA is a Soros backed DA Rice and his attorney might be gambling on getting a small fine and walking away clear beyond any further legal consequences. I don’t know if anyone here is familiar with the jurisdiction.
I'm no lawyer, I'm not from Texas, I've got no answer for you. I just read way too much DFF related info and I'm seeing this sentiment a few places. I'm also a skeptic as far as expecting the "right thing" to happen leagally and politicaly, so it's not a big leap in my mind that the good old boys and the NFL and everyone all up and down the line will move this along and get Rice back on the field.
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:46 am

yinzername wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 am charges are set up for an easy plea down, bet he gets 4 games max from the NFL

spamming my leagues with late/future 3rds and clogger WRs ala TIllman and Isoivas for Rice
Those offers are brutal. Probably worse for trade relationships than any chance someone accepts.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:50 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:46 am
yinzername wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 am charges are set up for an easy plea down, bet he gets 4 games max from the NFL

Those offers are brutal. Probably worse for trade relationships than any chance someone accepts.
lol, i get that, fortunately both my leagues are pretty good groups of friends, low-balls and potshots fly around all the time, but trade activity is robust all the same. we love to deal, most of our intereactions start with owners very far apart, one guy comes way high, one guy comes way low, everyone makes a big demonstrative case defending their ridiculous offer, averyone has a chuckle, business ensues.

howvere one of the Rice owners in one of the leagues has openly come off as pretty panicky about the Rice situation, so while I don't expect my opening offer to fly, I still think there's a chance to buy very low there
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:31 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:33 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am
81- wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:43 am If he pays everyone off, it will get plead down to a wrist slap. Full speed ahead
Yeah, the ppl who think he’s going to do years in jail don’t quite understand our justice system.
Well, I pretty much understand right now that’s he’s in a position where he’s almost entirely at the mercy of the DA, so any time he is or is not sentenced with rides on their disposition, but to date Rice has not put forth a good look at all regarding remorse or cooperation despite his admission.
Cases do not go to trial, they reach plea deals, specially when the DA has to go against a high priced skilled lawyer. They are plenty of defenses Rice can use to the specific charges.

Rice's lawyer is Senator Royce West. I am sure there will plenty of incentive given to the DA to reach a plea agreement. And I'd argue, the DA is at Royce West's mercy.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:52 am

I have not dug into the details of this story, so correct me if I’m wrong. But the only thing easily proven is rice was driving a car, crashed, and left the scene. Nobody is going to jail for this for any substantial amount of time when they have the type of money Rice does. The rest of the stuff is not a slam dunk and will be hard to prove unless I am missing something.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:52 am I have not dug into the details of this story, so correct me if I’m wrong. But the only thing easily proven is rice was driving a car, crashed, left the scene failing to check on 4 injured people, one seriously and call authorities/help. Nobody is going to jail for this for any substantial amount of time when they have the type of money Rice does. The rest of the stuff is not a slam dunk and will be hard to prove unless I am missing something.
Yeah, I fixed what you missed.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am

Jrblaha wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:33 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Look, maybe I am being too harsh due to personal tragedy over this type of issue. I lost my best friend, and that's something that has shaped my view on these types of incidents.
Everything else aside, sorry to hear this.
X2
X3
What we're talking about here is a make-believe game played for fun... all of us have real lives and people we care about. Hearing about any of these situations is sad and reflects the human condition of brokenness we're in. Thanks for sharing, and a good reminder that we're all people behind the profiles and keyboards.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 2.01, 2.05, 3.01, 3.04
2025: 3 1sts, 1 2nd

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:02 am

Had a friend in high school, drive drunk and kill his best friend. He fled in scene in panic, was eventually convicted of manslaughter. He served less than a year. I bring this up solely, because I'd be utterly shocked if Rice sees jail time outside of the quick turn around from him turning himself in to bailing back out.

I''d have to agree with Drew Davenport. The guy has a solid track record of predictions on these things. Hell, he's a criminal defense lawyer, not some divorce attorney just chiming in. This is his area if expertise. The charges will likely get pled down. Police reports stated only 4 with minor injuries.

He'll likely get 2-4 games max and we'll be on to the next idiot's public screwup. Kamara was on video beating someone nearly to death and got 3 games. Watson settled a case of over a quarter HUNDRED sexual assault victims and got 11 (and originally was only slated to get 6). History isn't on the side of extensive punishments for these players. The NFL doesn't give a damn about mortality, they do just enough to get people to quit talking about it and keep the profits coming in.

The system isn't fair or equal across the board. Money, power and influence can sway damn near everything to a certain extent. One of my best friends is a former assistant DA in one of the larger cities in the US and he left to do tax law, because of these very types of inequalities.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:56 pm

Shcritters wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:34 am
Jrblaha wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:33 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 am

Everything else aside, sorry to hear this.
X2
X3
What we're talking about here is a make-believe game played for fun... all of us have real lives and people we care about. Hearing about any of these situations is sad and reflects the human condition of brokenness we're in. Thanks for sharing, and a good reminder that we're all people behind the profiles and keyboards.
Yeah. Thanks guy, I didn't mean to go overboard, but clearly my personal experience has shaped my view on this situation, and how I feel about people that do this type of stuff. I will do my best to reel it in from this point forward, and maybe just try and avoid this thread as much as possible.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:40 pm

Thread title change: New title ...

Rashee Rice or Henry Ruggs ?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:45 pm

Justyn Ross just standing on the practice squad like 🤷
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:25 pm

Pour one out for OJ

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:29 pm

I own Rashee Rice in a league. I hope he gets punished severely. If I could trade him for an early 2nd, I would. In another league I'm in, someone traded Rashee Rice and 3.12 for Darnell Mooney, 2.07, and a 2026 4th. So maybe that's the going rate?

If you have the money to hire a competent attorney, you can really buy your way out of trouble. To be determined in this case...

Also, I hope Ruggs sees nothing but darkness for the rest of his life and or gets used as currency in prison.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:00 pm

If Rice gets significant jail time, I think the fact that he is a professional “receiver” will help him make many new friends on the inside… however he may need to work exclusively out of the slot. 🤣😂
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5