The Tebow vs. The Jets official thread!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

The Tebow vs. The Jets official thread!!!

Postby Shawn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am

Just figured that "Tebow vs. the Jets" needed its own game thread, since this is the first time many of us will see Tebow in prime time :D With injuries to Moreno and McGahee, is it time for Tebow to play BOTH QB and RB? :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The Tebow vs. The Jets official thread!!!

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 am

I want to see the Jets corners up in press man coverage with one safety in the box and the other safety cheating up for the entire game. Take away what Denver does the best and force Tebow to throw 20 times.... funny that I'm saying 20 times like that's a lot for a QB :lol:

JohnnyFive
Captain
Captain

Postby JohnnyFive » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I am trying to decide whether I start Tebow over Bradford and Decker over David Nelson as my 2nd QB and 4th WR... It will be a game time decision but I am guessing I go with Bradford and Nelson. Would any of you argue against this?
Keep On Rockin In The Free World

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Tebow goes 3-1 for the year?? Looks possible...
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 pm

hahahah what an amazing game.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

RobertBobson wrote:hahahah what an amazing game.
Great game. The Legend of Tebow grows. And at this point, I have totally bought in and can't help but to root for this dude. He is a "star" football player that doesn't take himself too seriously. Religious beliefs not withstanding, this kid is extremely likable, imo. So what if he receives too much media hype. Can't exactly say it's unearned.

But, because of Tebow's heroic efforts, the entire defense (especially Dumerville and Miller), and the offensive line (to a lesser extent) will never get the credit they deserve for this win. Something tells me, though, that they'll be OK with that.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 am

Well... they got Tebow to throw 20 times, but I didn't anywhere near enough man press coverage from the CB's.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:36 am

jthirteentimes wrote:
Great game. The Legend of Tebow grows. And at this point, I have totally bought in and can't help but to root for this dude. He is a "star" football player that doesn't take himself too seriously. Religious beliefs not withstanding, this kid is extremely likable, imo. So what if he receives too much media hype. Can't exactly say it's unearned.

But, because of Tebow's heroic efforts, the entire defense (especially Dumerville and Miller), and the offensive line (to a lesser extent) will never get the credit they deserve for this win. Something tells me, though, that they'll be OK with that.
I watched the press conference and all that, and it looked to me like he gave most of the credit to the team as a whole. Also many of the commetators gave credit to the team as a whole. Is it just me or does it seem like the team has stepped it up all together since Tebow took over starting duties? That shows me there is a little bit of difference in leadership between Tebow and Orton. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought this, but at the begining of the season I considered Denver to be aweful, but they seem to be coming together as a unit.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:44 am

justinkilmer wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:

I watched the press conference and all that, and it looked to me like he gave most of the credit to the team as a whole. Also many of the commetators gave credit to the team as a whole. Is it just me or does it seem like the team has stepped it up all together since Tebow took over starting duties? That shows me there is a little bit of difference in leadership between Tebow and Orton. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought this, but at the begining of the season I considered Denver to be aweful, but they seem to be coming together as a unit.
I agree with this, it was one of those games where you couldn't help but root for Tebow, and it does appear that the team rallies behind him. Despite his unique QB style, it sure seemed like he was the QB that a team could rally behind compared to Mark Sanchez, who just doesn't seem right. I'm also a fan of the option, which Denver seemed to incorporate last night with Tebow :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 am

Shawn wrote: I agree with this, it was one of those games where you couldn't help but root for Tebow, and it does appear that the team rallies behind him. Despite his unique QB style, it sure seemed like he was the QB that a team could rally behind compared to Mark Sanchez, who just doesn't seem right. I'm also a fan of the option, which Denver seemed to incorporate last night with Tebow :thumbup:
Oh, and you KNOW I'm a fan of the triple option. I've heard for years and years and years how it can't work at an NFL level, and it probably can't, but it's been a joy watching denver make it work.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 am

RobertBobson wrote:
Shawn wrote: I agree with this, it was one of those games where you couldn't help but root for Tebow, and it does appear that the team rallies behind him. Despite his unique QB style, it sure seemed like he was the QB that a team could rally behind compared to Mark Sanchez, who just doesn't seem right. I'm also a fan of the option, which Denver seemed to incorporate last night with Tebow :thumbup:
Oh, and you KNOW I'm a fan of the triple option. I've heard for years and years and years how it can't work at an NFL level, and it probably can't, but it's been a joy watching denver make it work.
I think what they need to do is what works, but at the same time they need to also be training him on how to run a normal NFL offense, I would be having him work on that and constantly working on accuracy. Remember when he was first coming into the league, Everyone said that he was going to be at least a 3 year project. Everyone knew he would have accuracy issues. I think IF he can improve his accuracy and reading defenses, add that with all his other intangibles, he could be a very scary QB to play against. That is a Big IF
12 Team 1QB PPR

RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am

People are making a big deal about how Tebow isn't turning the ball over, and that's great. But last game the broncos had the ball 12 times. 7 of those times the broncos went 3 and out. One other time was 6 plays and a punt. If you're going 3 and out over and over again, isn't that really the same thing as turning the ball over?

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:03 pm

RobertBobson wrote:People are making a big deal about how Tebow isn't turning the ball over, and that's great. But last game the broncos had the ball 12 times. 7 of those times the broncos went 3 and out. One other time was 6 plays and a punt. If you're going 3 and out over and over again, isn't that really the same thing as turning the ball over?
I would say the only main difference would be field position.
12 Team 1QB PPR

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:28 pm

If only Hillis had stayed in Denver (or would go back), they could run a nasty triple option with him at FB
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:39 pm

justinkilmer wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:People are making a big deal about how Tebow isn't turning the ball over, and that's great. But last game the broncos had the ball 12 times. 7 of those times the broncos went 3 and out. One other time was 6 plays and a punt. If you're going 3 and out over and over again, isn't that really the same thing as turning the ball over?
I would say the only main difference would be field position.

Well yes obviously, but you're giving up possession and you're giving it up quickly, never giving your defense a chance to rest by having a sustained drive. Last night those 7 three and outs happened CONSECUTIVELY ( broken up only by one 6 and out). The jets weren't able to take advantage of that, but a good offense will kill a defense that's out on the field that much. Are 3 and outs as damaging as turnovers? no, not typically. But they aren't a great deal better.