All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby mild » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:23 pm

81- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:42 pm Wow. So QJ is the default number 1 in LA now? 😆
I'd honestly give that distinction to Josh Palmer. :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:48 pm

I like Keenan a lot. For the Bears, smart move to give more talent to the rookie, but for fantasy I think it's a demotion. I have him in the mix with Jefferson, Tyreek, Diggs, and Adams. So I guess I hope he can put up WR2 numbers? He was WR6 last year. With Williams, and only DJM as a real target, I think he's a great short-yardage, crossing, possession WR.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 pm

Curious—if the Bears WERE to try and get one of the top three WRs, does it matter whether it's Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze? Who would fit in well with DJM and Allen? IDK. Maybe they like a fast guy like Worthy later. Or even a good hands possession wr like Pearsall.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:48 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 pm Curious—if the Bears WERE to try and get one of the top three WRs, does it matter whether it's Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze? Who would fit in well with DJM and Allen? IDK. Maybe they like a fast guy like Worthy later. Or even a good hands possession wr like Pearsall.
Combining any of those 3 with DJM/KA will be huge, as long as KA is heathy for. They are all fairly versatile as well. DJM mostly outside, KA and Nabers splitting time in the slot. Sounds like the best WR room the Bears have ever had and possibly the best a #1 QB has ever walked into. Just have to figure out how to either go from 9 up to maybe 6 or 7 to secure one of the top 3.

Or play it smart, move back from 9 and secure some extra capital and grab a late 1st WR would be my preference

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:18 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 pm Curious—if the Bears WERE to try and get one of the top three WRs, does it matter whether it's Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze? Who would fit in well with DJM and Allen? IDK. Maybe they like a fast guy like Worthy later. Or even a good hands possession wr like Pearsall.
Harrison and Nabers will not be on the board at 9. I can't imagine they'll consolidate picks to move up for one of them after acquiring Allen. Odunze would be interesting there, but wouldn't have much impact as a rookie behind two targets hogs.

Atlanta and Chicago seem like prime targets to move down now that they've addressed needs that they were expected to fill at that spot. If not, I could see both addressing defensive needs there.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:30 am

The Bears only have 4 picks in the draft now. I think it’s highly likely they trade down from 1.09.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:43 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:42 pm Good points, I was thinking more teams that need QBS not the style of play.
the problem is that teams that need QBs don't want to pay to still need QBs.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am

I like what Poles is doing. He's been a breath of fresh air after the Ryan Pace reach/overpay draft process

I like Eberflus as well. He is still growing, but the mentality is right.

If Caleb can be the guy, this team has potential.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 am

With the way they are stacking the offense, this doesn't feel to me like the moves you make for a rookie QB. Is it possible the Bears are setting up a trade for a more established vet QB instead of taking Williams?
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 am With the way they are stacking the offense, this doesn't feel to me like the moves you make for a rookie QB. Is it possible the Bears are setting up a trade for a more established vet QB instead of taking Williams?

i don't. who are you going to go after? dak? kyler? i just don't see any big names moving.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:48 am

81- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:38 am
Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 am With the way they are stacking the offense, this doesn't feel to me like the moves you make for a rookie QB. Is it possible the Bears are setting up a trade for a more established vet QB instead of taking Williams?

i don't. who are you going to go after? dak? kyler? i just don't see any big names moving.
Well the Bears D is strong, if we can get a Stroud-like 1st season out of the offense, i would say mission accomplished for 2024. tall ask i know.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 am

No GM who needs a QB has the stones to pass on Caleb Williams at #1. This is going to be as predictable as everyone has been saying for 3 years now.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 am

Fields is available.... :D

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:35 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:28 am

Fields is available.... :D
Big names
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 pm

These are -exactly- the moves you make for a rookie QB on a cost-controlled salary.

Recall the Burrow/Tua/Herbert draft. The QB we were immediately sold on the most, 5 games into the season - was Herbert, playing with a stacked Chargers supporting cast. Burrow was up and down, and they drafted Chase for him the next year. Tua... well...

The #1 pick is an -enormous- outlay of capital; any high 1st spent on a QB is. You should do everything in your power to make sure that it doesn't become a sunk-cost bust. As a GM interested in keeping your job and having success: you need that #1 pick to succeed, and you should help them do that in every way you can.

This is Poles doing that.