All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:35 am

So I know I've been talking a lot about the Bears in the hype thread, elsewhere so to not overwhelm that thread I've started this thread. If I hear big news out of camp, I'll post in the appropriate place, but for anyone that wants to chat about the Bears, this is the place.

I'm in Chicago, have been here for 25 years. They have sucked for so MANY of those years. But I'm optimistic they can be a good team this year. I follow a Bears forum, and see lots of stuff on Twitter. Here are a few off my thoughts. I'm posting here so you can say later, "You were an idiot, see!" or "Wow, turns out you were right."

For fantasy, I think the main guys you want are:

Fields, who will put up points for rushing in addition to his QB game. He was the QB9 in my leagues last year. With only 2,200 yards passing last year, he has a lot of room to improve. But 200 yards a game x 17 games is 3,400 which seems reasonable to me. DJM helps him a lot, as does the OL improvements, and a better DEF.

DJM. He was a WR1/WR2 last year and with the way he likes to go deep, he'll flourish with Fields. I see a LOT about their connection in camps. He's going to be a WR1 this year IMO, low-end, but WR1.

Mooney. I think he does well with DJM in camp, taking the pressure off of him. He was never a WR1. He'll be a solid WR2 now.

Claypool. Up and down with this guy, but if he's a WR3 with upside to WR2 he'll be worth owning. I think he'll do well.

Scott/Velus—fliers that I'm mostly avoiding, but I did pick up a few Scott shares late. Scott is getting buzz in camp—he's fast, a deep threat. May be a one-trick pony. I think Velus will be punt/kick returns, and a gadget guy.

Herbert. Was bad at blocking and receiving last year, but looks to be improving. He's the RB1 for now, but for how long? Worth owning as a flex play of for those who start 3-4 rbs.

Roschon. I think he takes over sooner than later. This is the guy I think you want to own. Might be a year though.

Kmet. What a frustrating player, BUT the TE market is a mess. He was the TE11 in my 1 ppr leagues, with 131 points. In comparison, Kelce had 306. Next highest though was Hock at 212. Nobody else over 200. Got an extension. Maybe this is the year he blows up? Worth holding or the flier IMO.

Tonyan. Could be a red zone guy. Maybe for best ball, of bye week, but super risky.

DEF: It's not as bad as you may think. LBs are solid, DBs are good, DL is questionable, but seeing good things at camp. I think they'll be a middle-of-the-pack DEF, not worst in the league.

OVERALL: I think we'll be a middle-of-the-pack team. I've seen power rankings from 22 to 26. I think we're better than that. I think more like 16.

RECORD: I think the Bears can win 6-9 games. Last year they won 3, but had 6-7 losses that were by one score. I think DJM alone adds a few wins to this team (3) and the OL/DEF improvements, along with Fields taking another step forward, is another 3 games. We'll see.

Anyway, these are my thoughts. Blast away.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:46 am

No camp today, most of the buzz is about whether or not they'll acquire a DE soon.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:12 am

I am also a life long Bears fan, and while I and several of my buddies are looking forward to see how the team improves over last year, I am very nervous that Fields doesn't turn a corner as a passer. Granted, this year his WR core is much improved over last year so that should help, but I am not yet going out to buy his Jersey. Another year of wearing my old Hester or Cohen jerseys. :)

I do agree they will be a middle of the pack team. Last year they lost 6 games by 7 point or less.

For fantasy the only players I would trust at all is Fields and DJM. Fields ran a crazy amount in 2022 and I don't think it is close to sustainable. DJM will likely end up in the WR 15-20 range. The Bears had 2600 passing yards last year. That needs a large bump to make DJM any higher than a mid WR2. Herbert should be ok as a lower RB2, and TE in general is a crap shoot so Kmet should be fine, but he is not going to win you any weeks.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:18 am

Oddball456 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:12 am I am also a life long Bears fan, and while I and several of my buddies are looking forward to see how the team improves over last year, I am very nervous that Fields doesn't turn a corner as a passer. Granted, this year his WR core is much improved over last year so that should help, but I am not yet going out to buy his Jersey. Another year of wearing my old Hester or Cohen jerseys. :)

I do agree they will be a middle of the pack team. Last year they lost 6 games by 7 point or less.

For fantasy the only players I would trust at all is Fields and DJM. Fields ran a crazy amount in 2022 and I don't think it is close to sustainable. DJM will likely end up in the WR 15-20 range. The Bears had 2600 passing yards last year. That needs a large bump to make DJM any higher than a mid WR2. Herbert should be ok as a lower RB2, and TE in general is a crap shoot so Kmet should be fine, but he is not going to win you any weeks.
Yep, I agree with this, though Fields has always been a great deep-ball passer. It's the short, touch, and intermediate passing that has been suspect. He has fled too soon in the past. If the OL can hold up, and with more targets now, more BETTER targets across DJM, Mooney, Claypool, Scott, Kmet, and Tonyan, not to mention Herbert, RJ, and Foreman I think he takes a BIG step forward. Easily 3,000 yards.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:42 am

Wait.....you're a Bears fan?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:46 am

Fields is going to rush for four touch downs in one game
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:42 am Wait.....you're a Bears fan?
LOL. Sadly. You all told me to take it out of the other threads, so here we go.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:01 am

I'm a Bears fan too and while I think they are going to be an improved team this year....I just can't get behind any of them for dynasty fantasy. I think Fields is the only one that might be a buy at this point. He has MUCH MUCH MUCH better receivers to throw to now and a better O line and will improve his passing numbers. It would be very difficult not to. That said he is already pretty expensive and if his rushing numbers slow down as he improves his passing numbers it's probably kind of a wash fantasy wise.

I think DJM is probably overvalued fantasy wise in most leagues as I don't believe Fields will improve his passing numbers so much that DJ finishes any better than 1100 yards and 6 TDs. Claypool *might* be a sneaky buy since he is valued pretty low and I see him getting quite a few redzone targets. Might finish with 800 yards and around 7 TDs. I think Mooney is clearly overvalued in fantasy even though he isn't valued that highly. Maybe finishes with 700 yards and 3 TDs. I just don't think the Bears will be throwing enough to get the receivers much more than that. That is already 2600 yards passing and then you figure another 500 for Kmet and another 400 for the rest of the team. 3500 yards would be a huge improvement in one year for Fields passing and that still leaves basically no fantasy players worth using other than high end WR2 for DJM and WR3 for Claypool. Honestly my numbers are probably overestimating if anything...just ugly fantasy wise all around for the Bears. I do however expect them to be pretty competitive and surprise people in real football this year.

The RB room is probably going to rack up a lot of yards, but unless injuries happen I think each week you are going to be guessing as to who gets the bulk of them and probably always left frustrated you picked the wrong one. For dynasty I think Roschon is the clear play, but I don't see it for this year unless Herbert gets injured. Foreman is probably the undervalued one here since he is basically free, but actually has a decent chance to get quite a few carries.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:31 am

CubfanAA wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:01 am I'm a Bears fan too and while I think they are going to be an improved team this year....I just can't get behind any of them for dynasty fantasy. I think Fields is the only one that might be a buy at this point. He has MUCH MUCH MUCH better receivers to throw to now and a better O line and will improve his passing numbers. It would be very difficult not to. That said he is already pretty expensive and if his rushing numbers slow down as he improves his passing numbers it's probably kind of a wash fantasy-wise.

I think DJM is probably overvalued fantasy wise in most leagues as I don't believe Fields will improve his passing numbers so much that DJ finishes any better than 1100 yards and 6 TDs. Claypool *might* be a sneaky buy since he is valued pretty low and I see him getting quite a few redzone targets. Might finish with 800 yards and around 7 TDs. I think Mooney is clearly overvalued in fantasy even though he isn't valued that highly. Maybe finishes with 700 yards and 3 TDs. I just don't think the Bears will be throwing enough to get the receivers much more than that. That is already 2600 yards passing and then you figure another 500 for Kmet and another 400 for the rest of the team. 3500 yards would be a huge improvement in one year for Fields passing and that still leaves basically no fantasy players worth using other than high end WR2 for DJM and WR3 for Claypool. Honestly my numbers are probably overestimating if anything...just ugly fantasy wise all around for the Bears. I do however expect them to be pretty competitive and surprise people in real football this year.

The RB room is probably going to rack up a lot of yards, but unless injuries happen I think each week you are going to be guessing as to who gets the bulk of them and probably always left frustrated you picked the wrong one. For dynasty I think Roschon is the clear play, but I don't see it for this year unless Herbert gets injured. Foreman is probably the undervalued one here since he is basically free, but actually has a decent chance to get quite a few carries.
If Fields continues to be a top-ten QB I think he's definitely worth having. DJM I think steps it up big time this year. I could see a CAREER year for him, and I'm not the only one to say that this year. Claypool I used to own, dropped, and had no interest in owning. If he was on the WW or a toss-in, I might be happy to get him. Depth/end of the bench stash. I think Mooney gets 700+ yards for sure, and I think more than 3 tds. 3,400 is only 200 yards per game, which I think he can do. It is a RBBC mess for sure, but I'm hoping my one share of Herbert in a rb-premium league, as my RB3 is worth it. I have no interest in Foreman, but that may be a mistake.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:41 am

A Foreman pop would not surprise me. Injuries killed his early career. But when healthy, he has shown some moves
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am

81- wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:41 am A Foreman pop would not surprise me. Injuries killed his early career. But when healthy, he has shown some moves
I think he'll have value, sure, and will get his, but I don't own any shares, and won't start him. I think it's all Herbert/RJ with RJ taking over next year, but who knows. RBBC is a thing, for sure,
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am

We need a thread about every team from a local!

How do you think Kmet and Tonyan's snap splits will play out? I'm worried that Kmet's good games could be so hard to predict because of Tonyan in the fold.

Also curious if you passed on Roschon in any of your leagues and if so, for who? There is a decent chance he's still on the board when I draft at #15, but I like a lot of the guys on your teams (in signature) in that range. Downs for sure...and could probably talk myself into some Tillman as well.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:02 pm

Paul717 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am We need a thread about every team from a local!

How do you think Kmet and Tonyan's snap splits will play out? I'm worried that Kmet's good games could be so hard to predict because of Tonyan in the fold.

Also curious if you passed on Roschon in any of your leagues and if so, for who? There is a decent chance he's still on the board when I draft at #15, but I like a lot of the guys on your teams (in signature) in that range. Downs for sure...and could probably talk myself into some Tillman as well.
Right? Thanks. Yeah, I'd love that.

Kmet is risky, but they just extended him. I think he's going to get a LOT of love, should stay a top-ten TE. I have also heard good things about Tonyan and I do worry that he'll steal some red zone TDS. Kmet has never been able to get the TD count up. That's the risk here, IMO. While he IS a top ten TE, I'll have to see how pre-season goes before I roll him out.

I couldn't get Roschon in any of my leagues, because in 3/4 I traded picks to get Bijan. So, where he went, and where I picked in the 2nd, I didn't have a pick or was too late. I tried to trade in and up to get him, but couldn't make it happen. Here is where RJ went, and where I got my guys this year.

D#3:

2.02 14 Roschon
3.02 26 Wickerkat Downs, Josh IND WR
3.04 28 Wickerkat Tillman, Cedric CLE WR
4.02 38 Wickerkat McBride, DeWayne MIN RB
4.07 43 Wickerkat Kraft, Tucker GBP TE
4.08 44 Wickerkat Nacua, Puka LAR WR

D#4:

1.01 1 WickerKat Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
2.03 13 Roschon
3.09 33 WickerKat Tillman, Cedric CLE WR
4.09 45 WickerKat Hull, Evan IND RB (R)

Superflex #1

1.01 1 WINDY CITY Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
2.04 14. Roschon
3.11 35 WINDY CITY Boutte, Kayshon NEP WR
4.05 41 WINDY CITY Kraft, Tucker GBP TE
4.07 43 WINDY CITY Scott, Tyler CHI WR
4.11 47 WINDY CITY Hull, Evan IND RB

Superflex #2 (orphan)

1.01 1 WindyCity Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
1.06 6 WindyCity Smith-Njigba, Jaxon SEA WR
2.04. 14. Roschon
3.01 25 WindyCity Downs, Josh IND WR
4.01 37 WindyCity Boutte, Kayshon NEP WR
4.09 45 WindyCity Perry, A.T. NOS WR
Traded 2024 3rd (early) for Tillman, MWhite QB, and Ferguson TE

So you can see RJ went in that range. I'd take him at 15 if he's there. Downs has gone later, end of the 2nd, early 3rd.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:13 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:02 pm
Paul717 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 am We need a thread about every team from a local!

Right? Thanks. Yeah, I'd love that.

Kmet is risky, but they just extended him. I think he's going to get a LOT of love, should stay a top-ten TE. I have also heard good things about Tonyan and I do worry that he'll steal some red zone TDS. Kmet has never been able to get the TD count up. That's the risk here, IMO. While he IS a top ten TE, I'll have to see how pre-season goes before I roll him out.

I couldn't get Roschon in any of my leagues, because in 3/4 I traded picks to get Bijan. So, where he went, and where I picked in the 2nd, I didn't have a pick or was too late. I tried to trade in and up to get him, but couldn't make it happen. Here is where RJ went, and where I got my guys this year.

D#3:

2.02 14 Roschon
3.02 26 Wickerkat Downs, Josh IND WR
3.04 28 Wickerkat Tillman, Cedric CLE WR
4.02 38 Wickerkat McBride, DeWayne MIN RB
4.07 43 Wickerkat Kraft, Tucker GBP TE
4.08 44 Wickerkat Nacua, Puka LAR WR

D#4:

1.01 1 WickerKat Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
2.03 13 Roschon
3.09 33 WickerKat Tillman, Cedric CLE WR
4.09 45 WickerKat Hull, Evan IND RB (R)

Superflex #1

1.01 1 WINDY CITY Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
2.04 14. Roschon
3.11 35 WINDY CITY Boutte, Kayshon NEP WR
4.05 41 WINDY CITY Kraft, Tucker GBP TE
4.07 43 WINDY CITY Scott, Tyler CHI WR
4.11 47 WINDY CITY Hull, Evan IND RB

Superflex #2 (orphan)

1.01 1 WindyCity Robinson, Bijan ATL RB
1.06 6 WindyCity Smith-Njigba, Jaxon SEA WR
2.04. 14. Roschon
3.01 25 WindyCity Downs, Josh IND WR
4.01 37 WindyCity Boutte, Kayshon NEP WR
4.09 45 WindyCity Perry, A.T. NOS WR
Traded 2024 3rd (early) for Tillman, MWhite QB, and Ferguson TE

So you can see RJ went in that range. I'd take him at 15 if he's there. Downs has gone later, end of the 2nd, early 3rd.
Oh wow...I had no idea RJ was going that far ahead of Downs. Interesting data points, thanks.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:19 pm

Sure. Also, these drafts were a little while ago, so people may have moved up (or down) so check ADP.

#3 - June 10th
#4 - May 5th
Superflex #1 - May 5th
Superflex #2 - May 8th
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: