All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: All Things Bears

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 am One of the biggest flaws talked about with Fields before his draft was his processing speed. It wasn’t that he held the ball for too long but rather that he didn’t process the ongoing play, read where his receivers would be and how the D was positioned, and be able to anticipate quickly enough, so that he wouldn’t get the ball out of his hand quickly enough because he had to see his receiver come open before he would throw. It’s a fatal flaw in the NFL for becoming a successful long term starter.

One of Caleb Williams’ biggest flaws? Processing speed.
I thought you were going to say wardrobe.

https://twitter.com/realbeaverswag/stat ... 3297768648
What is wrong with you that you find stuff like that on the interwebs?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:54 am Why did people defend Fields?

1. He was an exciting pick and held more promise than any QB since Mitch or Cutler. So, we were invested.
2. Many (including myself) weren't sure year 1 if it was him or bad OL/WR or bad scheme. It was both.
3. Year three didn't do much to support him aside from coaching.
4. This was the year we hoped he'd step up, year three, and he DID improve in many ways.
5. It just wasn't enough. Sacks, fumbles, missing open guys.
I read this:

1. He was an early pick that Chicago spent a lot to move up to, and we were excited.
2. Year 1 he was bad. Year 2 he was bad.
3. Year 3 he was supposed to finally be good.
4. It turns out he wasn't really that good in year 3.
5. Being more honest, it turns out year 3 was just like the first two years where he was bad.

It's ok to just say it. :P "Fields was never a good QB and still is not a good QB."
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:03 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:00 am One of the biggest flaws talked about with Fields before his draft was his processing speed. It wasn’t that he held the ball for too long but rather that he didn’t process the ongoing play, read where his receivers would be and how the D was positioned, and be able to anticipate quickly enough, so that he wouldn’t get the ball out of his hand quickly enough because he had to see his receiver come open before he would throw. It’s a fatal flaw in the NFL for becoming a successful long term starter.

I thought you were going to say wardrobe.

https://twitter.com/realbeaverswag/stat ... 3297768648
What is wrong with you that you find stuff like that on the interwebs?
:lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 am

81- wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

how Bearish of you to say Caleb isn't it. :lol:

I've heard that too.... it gives me chills thinking we might be doing this again in 3 years. :wall:
Caleb knows how to paint his finger nails... thats a plus
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 am As much as I dislike the Packers, watching them over the years has shown how sacks are just as much a QB stat as it is a line stat. Rodgers would always put his line in a position to succeed and knew what would be open before the snap.

Fields never seemed to grasp this and really struggled with it. He could make amazing plays to make up for his struggles. Hopefully the next QB can do better!
Been saying that for years on this forum…

And I know it’s boring, but IN GENERAL, good players will be good and bad players will be bad. Fields was bad for 3 years. He’s most likely bad. I’ve fallen into the excuse trap many of times, so no judgment.

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:04 am I kind of disagree with a lot said here. Fields was certainly a pocket QB in college, he was just more of a 1 read type of qb and his first read was typically open. I think Fields might be the most talented QB in the draft in terms of arm talent and running ability but he was a slow processor in college (something everyone wanted to crush whoever said it during the draft process). They didn't totally redesign their offense like the Ravens did with Lamar but maybe they didn't think they had to. Fields didn't have more than 500 rushing yards in any single season in college while guys like Tebow and Lamar had close to 1,000 rushing yards or more in any given season. Fields was not a running QB in college he was a pocket QB that could run.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:14 am Fields has all the talent in the world but his processing speed is slow. I think it can improve though.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:47 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am

1. He was an exciting pick and held more promise than any QB since Mitch or Cutler. So, we were invested.
2. Many (including myself) weren't sure year 1 if it was him or bad OL/WR or bad scheme. It was both.
4. This was the year we hoped he'd step up, year three, and he DID improve in many ways.
I read this:

1. He was an early pick that Chicago spent a lot to move up to, and we were excited.
5. Being more honest, it turns out year 3 was just like the first two years where he was bad.

It's ok to just say it. :P "Fields was never a good QB and still is not a good QB."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brutal but fair. :thumbup:

But -also- to be fair to the Bears fans, Justin Fields was (probably?) the most exciting QB they've ever seen play in a Bears uniform. They've never really known any better. I understand why the Chicago faithful were both reluctant to stop death-gripping their Fields jerseys, and slow to accept that he was no longer a player with any real value.

To quote one of the more articulate Bears fans covering the game: "... that doesn't mean this is not the right move for the Bears... because excitement doesn't mean sustainability at the most important position in Sports."

Meanwhile, across the division, the Green Bay Packers are entering something like their 40th consecutive year of rolling out top-tier NFL QB play... :boohoo:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:05 pm

mild wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:47 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am

I read this:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brutal but fair. :thumbup:

But -also- to be fair to the Bears fans, Justin Fields was (probably?) the most exciting QB they've ever seen play in a Bears uniform. They've never really known any better. I understand why the Chicago faithful were both reluctant to stop death-gripping their Fields jerseys, and slow to accept that he was no longer a player with any real value.

To quote one of the more articulate Bears fans covering the game: "... that doesn't mean this is not the right move for the Bears... because excitement doesn't mean sustainability at the most important position in Sports."

Meanwhile, across the division, the Green Bay Packers are entering something like their 40th consecutive year of rolling out top-tier NFL QB play... :boohoo:
This. Fook the Packers! Drives us crazy that the last mediocre QB was Don Majkowski! Lol
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:45 pm

I think it was fair to give Fields three years to see what we really had. We found out. AND the fact that the league didn't respond with a big offer says they thought the same thing.

Caleb's flaws are a lot less than Fields. He may have some of the same weaknesses, but he's better at the stuff he's good at. He's more accurate, can process beyond first read, and in general is a higher-rated talent. So, his strengths are stronger, and his weaknesses are less weak. AND having DJM/Allen will help.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:45 pm I think it was fair to give Fields three years to see what we really had. We found out. AND the fact that the league didn't respond with a big offer says they thought the same thing.

Caleb's flaws are a lot less than Fields. He may have some of the same weaknesses, but he's better at the stuff he's good at. He's more accurate, can process beyond first read, and in general is a higher-rated talent. So, his strengths are stronger, and his weaknesses are less weak. AND having DJM/Allen will help.
AND he’s got that “could be the Dennis Rodman of the NFL” going for him

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:26 pm

TheTroll wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:05 pm
This. Fook the Packers! Drives us crazy that the last mediocre QB was Don Majkowski! Lol
I won’t stand for this Majik Man slander!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:30 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:45 pm I think it was fair to give Fields three years to see what we really had. We found out. AND the fact that the league didn't respond with a big offer says they thought the same thing.

AND he’s got that “could be the Dennis Rodman of the NFL” going for him
I love it. This generation is much more open-minded. Dennis was one of the best rebounders in the NBA. Michael loved him. I'm not worried about Caleb. Every interview I've seen with him I liked him a little more. I'm not calling him Football Jesus yet, but if you can understand the drought in Chicago for QBs, it's easy to see why we're excited about him. AND putting him in a position to succeed.

Whether we get:

• Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze
• Alt, Fashanu, or Fuaga
• Turner or Verse

Those Blue Chip players will ALL help him. PERSONALLY, I say go OFF and keep going OFF.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 pm

Let's go. This is what I was talking about with the Bears DEF down the stretch AND the potential for this year.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1772629053167612195

D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:51 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:20 pm Let's go. This is what I was talking about with the Bears DEF down the stretch AND the potential for this year.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1772629053167612195

Such a below the radar situation!
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am

half of those stats or thereabouts must be thanks to dobbs...

i like the bears D and it has improved a lot, but extrapolating 6 games with 2 proper opponents and 4 garbage piles is maybe a bit misleading, eh?

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am half of those stats or thereabouts must be thanks to dobbs...

i like the bears D and it has improved a lot, but extrapolating 6 games with 2 proper opponents and 4 garbage piles is maybe a bit misleading, eh?
to be fair, 5 of the last 7 games they had 3+ Defensive TO's. Det x2, Min, CLE and ATL. I think we talked about this awhile ago too. They were starting to pound teams (defensively) that good teams should do to weaker ones.

Wick and I just happy that we were not pushovers anymore. :D
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks