Training Camp Hype 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby mild » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:58 pm

It's time... our long dark trek from the wilderness is over. Let's get it going.

I'll start... there's been nothing but hype for a certain Jets sophomore...

To recap...

Garrett Wilson this time a year ago:

Garrett 2.0:

Beastly. Methinks the Yung man is ready for his close up.

There's honestly too many great clips piling up on twitter... but I will highlight what I've found and enjoyed.

Utterly ridiculous toe tap in the back of the end zone from Sunday's scrimmage. Another angle here.

Sauce vs. Garrett has reportedly been as-advertised in the scrimmages. Round 1: Here's Sauce timing the PBU perfectly to prevent the deep bomb. Round 2: here's Sauce getting burned (no target). Fun matchup... looking forward to seeing more of this.

Downfield shot for Garrett. And then almost the exact play again. Connection looks to be building nicely between he and AR.

If someone else wants to handle the KC Richie James drumbeat next, feel free... that thing is pounding.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:00 pm

The only thing stopping Wilson from a 100+ rec year is injury at this point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:18 pm

Based on the movement of the D, it looks like Sauce had help over the top from the safety, and the ball was clearly gone somewhere else before he got "beat", on the no target play.

Nice grab at the back of the EZ.

Skyy Moore apparently getting a ton of looks too. Richie James had a good day at practice, supposedly. Isn't it the first day of practice? LOL. September can't come soon enough. LOL. With Toney lasting less than a single practice before missing time, both these guys could be relevant this season, though, no doubt.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:18 pm Based on the movement of the D, it looks like Sauce had help over the top from the safety, and the ball was clearly gone somewhere else before he got "beat", on the no target play.
True, but Sauce doesn't know that the ball is gone yet until the Safety bites down on the other angle. I'd still say that's Garrett beating him... eventually.

Freakin' crazy that they got both those guys in the same draft. That's got to be up there in terms of all-time draft hauls.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:31 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:18 pm Based on the movement of the D, it looks like Sauce had help over the top from the safety, and the ball was clearly gone somewhere else before he got "beat", on the no target play.
True, but Sauce doesn't know that the ball is gone yet until the Safety bites down on the other angle. I'd still say that's Garrett beating him... eventually.

Freakin' crazy that they got both those guys in the same draft. That's got to be up there in terms of all-time draft hauls.
Jets have hit their first round picks out of the park for sure, there. We'll see if McDonald can be good, he needs to soon, he's already 24.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:50 pm

Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:22 am

... annnnnnnnnnd right on cue, Toney tweaks his knee the day before camp starts, does not participate, and all Toney shareholders are whispering to themselves "This doesn't matter. It's just preseason. This doesn't matter. It's just preseason. This doesn't matter. It's just preseason."
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:50 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:22 am
... annnnnnnnnnd right on cue, Toney tweaks his knee the day before camp starts, does not participate, and all Toney shareholders are whispering to themselves "This doesn't matter. It's just preseason. This doesn't matter. It's just preseason. This doesn't matter. It's just preseason."
The crazy thing about Toney is his hype in redraft. Early ADP has him many, many picks about Moore. Oft injured, already traded, much smoke about playbook, etc. I don't get it. I can't see owning Toney on any FF team I manage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:55 pm

tstafford wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:50 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:22 am
The crazy thing about Toney is his hype in redraft. Early ADP has him many, many picks about Moore. Oft injured, already traded, much smoke about playbook, etc. I don't get it. I can't see owning Toney on any FF team I manage.
It's the Mahomes factor. They lost Juju and Hardman, but I agree. Toney has not shown the ability to stay healthy or be more than a gadget player, for any length of time. That Cowboys game, forever ago now, was likely the high water mark, in terms of optimism for him being a FF difference maker. He moves like a water bug, but his body clearly can't handle the cuts etc he makes. Not everybody can hold up to the demands pro football puts on the body.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:50 am

Skyy Moore time

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:28 am

Zay flowers seems to be gaining a lot of steam at the moment.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:42 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:28 am Zay flowers seems to be gaining a lot of steam at the moment.
It sounds like he's whippin' a$$ out there.

Not that that's hard, with no Bate and OBJ limited, but... I'm guessing just by him being healthy, with a hot skillset - its already doing bits for them.

It will be quite something if Lamar actually has more than just Mark Andrews in terms of difference-makers on the field in the passing game. If Nelson Agholor and Devon Duvernay end up being your WR4 and WR5 instead of WR1... it could make a real difference.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:02 am

mild wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:42 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:28 am Zay flowers seems to be gaining a lot of steam at the moment.
It sounds like he's whippin' a$$ out there.

Not that that's hard, with no Bate and OBJ limited, but... I'm guessing just by him being healthy, with a hot skillset - its already doing bits for them.

It will be quite something if Lamar actually has more than just Mark Andrews in terms of difference-makers on the field in the passing game. If Nelson Agholor and Devon Duvernay end up being your WR4 and WR5 instead of WR1... it could make a real difference.
Are we ready to put Lamar in the race for most passing yards of 2023, or should we wait another week? :think: (I think I'm just about ready to almost maybe do it. All I need is some training camp hype video and I think I'm all in)
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 am

It's the first or second day of practice. Why do people do this every year? LOL
Janiel Dones Truther

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 am It's the first or second day of practice. Why do people do this every year? LOL
Lol, It’s the boring off season, what else is there to do?