Best Dynasty League Host Site?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Best Dynasty League Host Site?

Postby esulek80 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:00 am

A dynasty league I am in is looking to move our league out of CBS Sports to another host site but I have absolutely no knowledge or experience with any of the popular host sites.

The 3 sites we seem to think might be best are between MyFantasyLeague (MFL), Fleaflicker, and Sleeper.

It would be much appreciated if anyone with experience on some of these other platforms could provide some insight and recommendations. Thanks in advance!
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 DST – 12 team .5 PPR league – 24 man active roster + 2 IR

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Stroud
RB: Bijan, Javonte Williams, James Cook, Charbonnet, Brian Robinson, Kyren Williams, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Marquise Brown, Quentin Johnston, Sutton
TE: Hockenson, Freiermuth, Ferguson
K: Aubrey
D: Pittsburgh, Denver

Draft Picks:
2024: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2025: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2026: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Best Dynasty League Host Site?

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:49 am

Steadfast mfl league here for 22 years. It allowed us to use some esoteric scoring and BB/FCFS conditional bid FA in our IDP league that has made the league well balanced and fun enough that we still have 8 of our original 14 owners. It also supports our 19 game schedule with some double headers so that each team plays all conference opponents twice and each nonconference team once.

It’s very reliable, customer service is solid, pricing is competitive, and while some think the user interface can be a little clunky at first, it’s pretty easy to learn and then it’s simple. It’s probably not the sexiest site out there but we haven’t had any owner complain even once. I’ll always choose utility over eye candy.

BTW - congrats on finally dumping CBS. Always hated that site for the bait-and-switch tactic it used in its initial years.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:04 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:49 am Steadfast mfl league here for 22 years. It allowed us to use some esoteric scoring and BB/FCFS conditional bid FA in our IDP league that has made the league well balanced and fun enough that we still have 8 of our original 14 owners. It also supports our 19 game schedule with some double headers so that each team plays all conference opponents twice and each nonconference team once.

It’s very reliable, customer service is solid, pricing is competitive, and while some think the user interface can be a little clunky at first, it’s pretty easy to learn and then it’s simple. It’s probably not the sexiest site out there but we haven’t had any owner complain even once. I’ll always choose utility over eye candy.

BTW - congrats on finally dumping CBS. Always hated that site for the bait-and-switch tactic it used in its initial years.
Agreed here. I'm still kind of shocked they haven't updated the interface since Yahoo had some slick drag and drop some 15-20 years ago. On that note it is OBNOXIOUS to try to click the tiniest little check boxes they have to set your line up from your phone. Aside from that, MFL will allow you to do anything and everything you may desire. Settings, devy, auctions, and even visually/layout.

My sole league at this point in my fantasy career moved from Fantrax to Sleeper and I think both are kind of hot garbage.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:29 am

You do pay for MFL yearly. So make sure if your league is looking that route that you instill a portion of the league fees to go towards that.

2023 Pricing

♦ $79.95 per league if purchased by June 10, 2023

♦ $89.95 per league if purchased after June 10 and on or before August 1, 2023

♦ $99.95 per league if purchased after August 1, 2023

Sleeper has been good to us. There's a few things I'd like to change, but for the most part it does the job if you're not reshaping the wheel.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:39 am

At the risk of sounding like a shill for mfl, I forgot to add that you can easily run a side pot confidence pool or survivor pool for your league, which can add some additional fun. It’s part of the league software that you purchase at the rates listed above.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:30 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:29 am

Sleeper has been good to us. There's a few things I'd like to change, but for the most part it does the job if you're not reshaping the wheel.
I can see if you just have a standard/PPR/SF kind of league how sleeper is fine. There are still things I find irritating about it, but that goes for all the sites, just about what you can tolerate.

I think the OP question is really dependent on how complex your league is. Are you interested in Auctions, devy, active bidding, contracts, etc.? Then you want MFL.

We moved from Fantrax due to it being impossible on the devy side, but Sleeper is kind of a disaster on that front as well.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:47 am

I agree with Bronco Billy on MFL. I would give them an outstanding recommendation.

MFL is the only Dynasty site I have used in 20 plus years. It is very versatile regardless of league complexity. No way I would even consider leaving them.

I have used RT Sports in a redraft league forever as well and they are good for that type of league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:30 pm

I used MFL for a couple years. If you need something somewhat complex there isn't really another option. However I think the fact that they cant be bothered to us am even sort of modern interface, nor develop an actual mobile app jn 2023 (caveat I haven't checked in a while maybe they have done this) is shameful. I couldn't justify paying for a platform that is so clunky and out of date. The site still looks like it's 1998 - what exactly are they doing with the league fees they pull in?

The leagues I am in are all pretty old but yahoo works pretty well for a basic league. I'd definitely look at sleeper if I were starting a league today.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:36 am

Csl312 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:30 pm I used MFL for a couple years. If you need something somewhat complex there isn't really another option. However I think the fact that they cant be bothered to us am even sort of modern interface, nor develop an actual mobile app jn 2023 (caveat I haven't checked in a while maybe they have done this) is shameful. I couldn't justify paying for a platform that is so clunky and out of date. The site still looks like it's 1998 - what exactly are they doing with the league fees they pull in?

The leagues I am in are all pretty old but yahoo works pretty well for a basic league. I'd definitely look at sleeper if I were starting a league today.
I have been using an app for 5+ years.
MFL platinum, granted not by MFL.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:39 am

Csl312 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:30 pmThe leagues I am in are all pretty old but yahoo works pretty well for a basic league.
I've played a few free sites and I agree Yahoo is good enough to get the job done for basic leagues. I think MFL is king, but not everyone needs the best of the best. Flea Flicker is probably my second favorite. I've never tried Sleeper.

I played several fantasy sports for several years on CBS Sportsline, but never really liked it all that much. I haven't been in a CBS league (in any sport) for a few years, so I can't say if they've improved.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:13 am

As the other have said, MFL is tops. But it comes down to what you are trying to do. If all you want is the simplest dynasty league (which is more or less a keeper league where all players are kept) any of the sites can handle. We use Yahoo for a free league to avoid fees and it's fine. But MFL hosts our complicated salary cap, devy, auction league and there is no alternative that I know of that would work.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:29 am

if you want/need the highest level of customization, MFL is the obvious choice. it's not free, it's ugly and counterintuitive for a few things (of course you get used to it, you can get used to most things, doesn't mean they're good), but has everything you might want.

if you don't want to pay, prefer a slightly less old-looking site and still get reasonable settings flexibility, fleaflicker is ok. has flaws, but at least you don't pay for it, and if your settings aren't all that exotic, it gets the work done.

if you're glued to your phone, then might as well choose sleeper. unless you play IDP, then it's absolute garbage for that (only three positions, amount of double eligibility beyond a joke). for other things, it is sufficient, a bit of appearance over substance, but it's free. they do respond and interact with the users quite well though, must give them that.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:55 am

I've liked Sleeper. Personally never thought mfl was worth the cost. But yeah if you need salary cap or devy I assume that's the place you should go

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:14 am

We are in the same boat as the OP, been on CBS since the league started 12+ years ago. Basic league with the only "complex" edition is full IDP. Given that, and that several of our members do 100% of their league action on their phones, I am not sure moving to MFL is the best choice. Sleeper is not good for IDP? Flea Flicker would be the obvious choice?

esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby esulek80 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:48 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. Right now we seem to be leaning towards Fleeflicker for the reason our league is not super complicated with rules/settings which apparently MFL is best suited for. Some of the guys prefer the better UI on Fleeflicker and from hearing alot of the feedback the one big knock on MFL seems to be the bad and outdated UI. Plus Fleeflicker seems to be a free platform compared to fees for MFL. To our understanding Sleeper apparently does not have the long extended draft capability which we need along with the fact I'm hearing mixed reviews with them.

Is anyone familiar with the league import functionality when going from say CBS to either Fleeflicker or MFL? I have not seen any mention of how that process may work with MFL and with Fleeflicker they note a simple one click import process with Yahoo and ESPN but I did not see CBS mentioned.

We will put it up to league vote but right now it seems Fleeflicker may be the preferred choice followed by MFL.
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 DST – 12 team .5 PPR league – 24 man active roster + 2 IR

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Stroud
RB: Bijan, Javonte Williams, James Cook, Charbonnet, Brian Robinson, Kyren Williams, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Marquise Brown, Quentin Johnston, Sutton
TE: Hockenson, Freiermuth, Ferguson
K: Aubrey
D: Pittsburgh, Denver

Draft Picks:
2024: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2025: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2026: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th