General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official Brock Purdy Thread

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:46 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:33 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:34 pm I don't understand why this play is any more dangerous than traditional QB sneaks. The basic defense principals are the same, so unless the push from behind is causing injuries???
Yeah it’s the push from behind that’s the force multiplier
If that's the case then they are going to have to remove pushing the pile at any point on the field.
It was illegal for the majority of the NFL history. They removed the rule because it was too hard to officiate. As it stands now, it is only illegal to pull a member of the offense forward. The tush push however, is not hard to see who is pushing who. Which is why it's probably doomed at some point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:59 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:46 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:38 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:33 pm

Yeah it’s the push from behind that’s the force multiplier
If that's the case then they are going to have to remove pushing the pile at any point on the field.
It was illegal for the majority of the NFL history. They removed the rule because it was too hard to officiate. As it stands now, it is only illegal to pull a member of the offense forward. The tush push however, is not hard to see who is pushing who. Which is why it's probably doomed at some point.
Yep. This might cause some problem with RB's getting pushed forward, that we see from time to time, they will likely make it so that you can't push the player taking a snap from under center forward, only.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:47 am

6 extra game day roster spots for guys 400+ pounds and your own version of taysom hill. who cares if those bums get their brains scrambled!
fixed.

by the way i did see the hit live, i think it was the second sneak in a row, the replay from above was pretty clear. but it wasn't flagged and they all moved along so i didn't make much of it.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:41 am

It’s not looking good. Does he bounce back or are we doomed forever?

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 am

He's 14 starts into his career without a full offseason as the QB1. He was overhyped as the MVP and now he's being overhyped as a bust. The film guys like JTO still like a lot of the plays he's making. He hasn't played great these last few weeks but neither has the defense. These losses aren't all on him, just like the wins weren't all on him.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:38 am

brward wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 am He's 14 starts into his career without a full offseason as the QB1. He was overhyped as the MVP and now he's being overhyped as a bust. The film guys like JTO still like a lot of the plays he's making. He hasn't played great these last few weeks but neither has the defense. These losses aren't all on him, just like the wins weren't all on him.
I'd hope no1 is calling him a bust. Even those who who believe he's largely a success of the system have to acknowledge that he's performed very well to start his career. But like you said, the MVP talk was a little much.

Glad to see he didn't have any setbacks with the concussion. Still wish they hadnt rushed him back to play in week 8 of the regular season.

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:45 am

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:38 am
brward wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:26 am He's 14 starts into his career without a full offseason as the QB1. He was overhyped as the MVP and now he's being overhyped as a bust. The film guys like JTO still like a lot of the plays he's making. He hasn't played great these last few weeks but neither has the defense. These losses aren't all on him, just like the wins weren't all on him.
I'd hope no1 is calling him a bust. Even those who who believe he's largely a success of the system have to acknowledge that he's performed very well to start his career. But like you said, the MVP talk was a little much.

Glad to see he didn't have any setbacks with the concussion. Still wish they hadnt rushed him back to play in week 8 of the regular season.
I saw a video of him on twitter slamming his head to the ground pretty hard then grabbing it. They're on bye this week luckily.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 am

Anyone remember when Nick Foles went 14 -4 in the combined regular seasons of 2013-2014 followed up with a career of 14-20 his last last 8 seasons?

Maybe Purdy is closer to Foles than Montana..... Not a bust but not the second coming of a few of the great 49er QB's of yesteryear. :think:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:36 am

I think multiple things can be true at the same time.

- In the first five games, Purdy had legitimate and deserving MVP stakes. He was playing as well as any QB out there.
- In the last three games, he's regressed, and it seems like defenses have figured out something about the 49ers that they'll have to adjust to.

Overall, the long-term concern that he may not be someone who can carry a team outside the system or when less elite talent is around (no Samuel, no Trent Williams yesterday) is still legitimate. But, we're also 13 starts into his career and he can get better. This patch only allows us to see that he's actually human.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:36 am I think multiple things can be true at the same time.

- In the first five games, Purdy had legitimate and deserving MVP stakes. He was playing as well as any QB out there.
- In the last three games, he's regressed, and it seems like defenses have figured out something about the 49ers that they'll have to adjust to.
Not having Deebo hurts, no doubt.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:47 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:36 am I think multiple things can be true at the same time.

The guy still has CMC, Kittle and Aiyuk, all playing at an elite level right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:47 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:39 am

The guy still has CMC, Kittle and Aiyuk, all playing at an elite level right now.
The run game has tailed off big recently.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:29 am

Eh...I think it says something that even after a few down weeks, Vegas still has him commonly in the top 10 for MVP odds. He WAS playing at MVP level. He could get back to it. What's with this desire for him to not succeed?

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:36 am

Has he even started for a complete year? I would want a rookie QB who has produce like this in year one, Is he setting the world on fire now no,but i also dont think he has shyt the bed either. This guy was a 7th round pick rookie qb of course he is going have ups and down heck Mahomes was not the best yesterday (i am not comparing him to Mahomes either). I hope the 49ers never win another game would be great to me(Cowboys fan) but this young kid has impressed. MVP is laughable as a rookie. No offseason and he is limited arm strength. One does not have be a rb playing QB to be a great QB.. How many run first QBs have won superbowls? FF wise yes there good but until they consistently win Superbowls there is no debate which type of Qb is more Valuable.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:06 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:29 am What's with this desire for him to not succeed?
This is tiring. I haven't seen one person say they don't want him to succeed. I did see people say he hasn't looked as good over the past few games and has regressed from the 'MVP' pace and might not be as good as a HOF QB.

It isn't always one side vs the other. It doesn't have to be MVP or bust. It isn't succeed or not. He's already well past the bust category and it seems the people who were pumping the brakes a bit may have been right. Does that mean they don't want him to succeed? No