Mattison Alexander- why ranked so low

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
imi814
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Mattison Alexander- why ranked so low

Postby imi814 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:16 pm

Dlf has mattison ranked #31 rb. I think he should be higher. With cook gone he is the clear #1 rb. I know minny could add another back but right now he has little competition. Looking at the rankings the 10 guys in front of him are all in RBBC. I can easily see him around #20. Am I crazy? Or do you agree with me? What his his reasonable ranking? And how come he didn’t move up more after cook’s reslease?
10 team start 2QB salary cap .5 PPR 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Stroud, Lamar Geno, Dobbs, Young
RB: CMC eitiene, Hall, Jevante Williams, Perine
WR: Jefferson, Waddle, Pittman, Olave, d Smith, N brown
TE: Goedart, Chig

2024 3ones
2025 5ones

Team 2: 12 team salary cap PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Flex(WR/RB/TE)

QB: Burrow, Lawrence, Richardson, Young
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Taylor, Swift, sanders, Roshon
WR: Chase, Lamb, waddle, Olave, Watson, Ridley
TE: Pitts, Johnson, Mayer

2024 5 ones 3 twos

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Mattison Alexander- why ranked so low

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:28 pm

imi814 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:16 pm Dlf has mattison ranked #31 rb. I think he should be higher. With cook gone he is the clear #1 rb. I know minny could add another back but right now he has little competition. Looking at the rankings the 10 guys in front of him are all in RBBC. I can easily see him around #20. Am I crazy? Or do you agree with me? What his his reasonable ranking? And how come he didn’t move up more after cook’s reslease?
I think the fact that your entire argument is built on opportunity and not talent tells you everything you need to know. I also think Cook’s release was baked into the price. No way he’s RB31 if he’s Cook’s backup.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=235668&start=30

Plenty of Mattison talk there for you too.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:45 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:28 pm
imi814 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:16 pm Dlf has mattison ranked #31 rb. I think he should be higher. With cook gone he is the clear #1 rb. I know minny could add another back but right now he has little competition. Looking at the rankings the 10 guys in front of him are all in RBBC. I can easily see him around #20. Am I crazy? Or do you agree with me? What his his reasonable ranking? And how come he didn’t move up more after cook’s reslease?
I think the fact that your entire argument is built on opportunity and not talent tells you everything you need to know. I also think Cook’s release was baked into the price. No way he’s RB31 if he’s Cook’s backup.
If he really is going to be minny's lead back he will be top 24 based on volume alone. See Kenyan Drake in Arizona.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:29 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:45 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:28 pm
If he really is going to be minny's lead back he will be top 24 based on volume alone. See Kenyan Drake in Arizona.
That upside is baked into his price.

They could still add RB talent through FA or he could be unable to separate himself from the other RBs currently on the roster.

In previous stints his coach has shown that he will not force a bellcow RB.

Dwayne McBride was a big sleeper for many people and likely fell in the draft due to character concerns.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:51 pm

McBride is a nice dark horse candidate right now.31 is probably fair value right now for Mattison. As we get closer to the season and camp plays out, if it looks like hes truly going to be the guy his ranking will go up for sure.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:30 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:29 pmDwayne McBride was a big sleeper for many people and likely fell in the draft due to character concerns.
Haven't heard anything like this, but would love to read about it if something supports this. Was under the impression he went late because of the lack of receptions and questions about the competition faced. And that speaks nothing to the positional value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:30 pm
Sriracha wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:29 pmDwayne McBride was a big sleeper for many people and likely fell in the draft due to character concerns.
Haven't heard anything like this, but would love to read about it if something supports this. Was under the impression he went late because of the lack of receptions and questions about the competition faced. And that speaks nothing to the positional value.
The passing game concerns are real and are part of the reason he dropped.. but plenty of strong rushing backs are taken in the 3rd+ round.

Haven't found anything concrete about the character concerns but it's referenced in so many places, by reliable sources, that the "where there's smoke there's fire" idiom seems appropriate.

The ex-Vikings GM Rick Spielman, "Probably the steal of the draft could potentially be McBride," he said. "The only issues with McBride, there were some off-field concerns I believe, but nothing that I heard that (put him) off teams' boards. But the biggest issue with him was he ... only caught (2) passes last year. Don't know what his hands are, but he's a big, physical back with excellent vision that's always going forward. Very productive as a runner."

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:54 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:43 pm
The passing game concerns are real and are part of the reason he dropped.. but plenty of strong rushing backs are taken in the 3rd+ round.

Haven't found anything concrete about the character concerns but it's referenced in so many places, by reliable sources, that the "where there's smoke there's fire" idiom seems appropriate.

The ex-Vikings GM Rick Spielman, "Probably the steal of the draft could potentially be McBride," he said. "The only issues with McBride, there were some off-field concerns I believe, but nothing that I heard that (put him) off teams' boards. But the biggest issue with him was he ... only caught (2) passes last year. Don't know what his hands are, but he's a big, physical back with excellent vision that's always going forward. Very productive as a runner."
"Off-field concerns" [to which he added, "I believe"] is not the same as character concerns.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:46 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Found this referenced in a few places, but no actual details explaining what these concerns might be. Found references to CBS and ESPN reports about non football field concerns (the ESPN one was about "maturity") but again not finding any details.

I mentioned two significant questions about his game, but a third frequently referenced was his fumbling. One said that he had a tendency of running with only one hand on the ball, even in traffic. Assuming that can be corrected. Would be interesting to track how his 11 fumbles the last 2 seasons occurred.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:07 am

McBride has one of the worst receiving profiles in the last couple of decades, when factoring in draft capital, he's got minimal FF upside. He may make Mattison's life more difficult, but if you play PPR, he's just not at all attractive. It's hard to see McBride taking over the early down role, but he could certainly earn a role, at some point, with so little behind Mattison.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:07 am McBride has one of the worst receiving profiles in the last couple of decades, when factoring in draft capital, he's got minimal FF upside. He may make Mattison's life more difficult, but if you play PPR, he's just not at all attractive. It's hard to see McBride taking over the early down role, but he could certainly earn a role, at some point, with so little behind Mattison.
Can't argue with you there. I do like the way he runs though. Strong and always falling forward. Outside of that, I'm not sure there's a ton of upside. I like the situation though. Mattison is far from proven

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:47 am

McBride.

There’s an article here on dlf, rookie late round sleepers I think. Whoever wrote it, pre Cook release, was of the opinion that McBride is bigger, faster, and stronger than mattison and if it is a competition between the two it’s just a matter of time until McBride wins.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:32 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:07 am McBride has one of the worst receiving profiles in the last couple of decades, when factoring in draft capital, he's got minimal FF upside. He may make Mattison's life more difficult, but if you play PPR, he's just not at all attractive. It's hard to see McBride taking over the early down role, but he could certainly earn a role, at some point, with so little behind Mattison.
Can't argue with you there. I do like the way he runs though. Strong and always falling forward. Outside of that, I'm not sure there's a ton of upside. I like the situation though. Mattison is far from proven
Yeah. He's a JAG with no receiving skills, but Mattison isn't that great either. They did pay Mattison fairly well, in relation to the rest of the FA class, and I think it was their plan to let Dalvin go for a while, they just needed to wait until June, so Mattison was a bridge back, of sorts. He knows the system, and obviously has some trust from the coaching staff. McBride has to climb the ladder. He's not even the backup yet. There's as much chance he doesn't make the roster as there is he becomes their lead back. Luckily for him, the depth chart is pretty bare, so at some point, he may be active on game days. He needs to beat out Chandler, because Nwangwu is a special teams guy, so he's likely going to be game day active.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick