Jordan Addison Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby Ice » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:40 am TLDR.

I've been saying this for a while - Addison might be a better fantasy asset right now than JSN. His path to a standout rookie season is far clearer than JSN's. Look at the trajectory of London vs. Olave/Wilson. London was supposedly the best prospect/athlete but his value now is far lower than those guys. And it's not because he did anything wrong - it's just that the situation didn't allow him to produce. Addison could gain in value tremendously this season.

It's too hard to make the argument that folks should be taking Addison over JSN in rookie drafts. But I can say for certain that I'd rather own Addison for '23 and if I could trade JSN for Addison and get something added in I would. That trade should be doable in almost every league because very few folks think I'm right about all this!!
There were a few of us that never bought into London.....just sayin.

I see JSN as the player to own easily because he actually has a legit shot to be his teams WR1 within a couple of years.

Addison looks good and will contribute but the moment the best WR in football steps on the field his opportunities will most likely diminish substantially.

I could see the numbers being relatively close between these two in 23 but no one should be drafting dynasty rookie WR with just 2023 in mind.

These two will be fun to track in the coming years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:47 am

Ice wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 am

I've been saying this for a while - Addison might be a better fantasy asset right now than JSN. His path to a standout rookie season is far clearer than JSN's. Look at the trajectory of London vs. Olave/Wilson. London was supposedly the best prospect/athlete but his value now is far lower than those guys. And it's not because he did anything wrong - it's just that the situation didn't allow him to produce. Addison could gain in value tremendously this season.

It's too hard to make the argument that folks should be taking Addison over JSN in rookie drafts. But I can say for certain that I'd rather own Addison for '23 and if I could trade JSN for Addison and get something added in I would. That trade should be doable in almost every league because very few folks think I'm right about all this!!
There were a few of us that never bought into London.....just sayin.

I see JSN as the player to own easily because he actually has a legit shot to be his teams WR1 within a couple of years.

Addison looks good and will contribute but the moment the best WR in football steps on the field his opportunities will most likely diminish substantially.

I could see the numbers being relatively close between these two in 23 but no one should be drafting dynasty rookie WR with just 2023 in mind.

These two will be fun to track in the coming years.
I have London and like him, but what’s most crazy to me is how his value is still so high. I don’t see how he could improve much on his stats with Ridder when you consider Pitts being healthy and Bijan there. Seems like a sell now and if you don’t have him buy next year. But what do I know?
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:19 pm

Not really that bold a take, and you might be right. They were drafted 1 pick apart. I had them very close. Metcalf is locked in for 3 years (potential out after 2), and while he's no JJ, he's certainly a top end WR. Should be interesting to see. The Vikings D, or lack thereof, makes me think Addison will lead all rookies in FF points this year. Both should be WR2's at some point, IMO. I have a bit of a personality concern with Addison, and none with JSN. Addison is at least tingling my spidey sense, so to speak.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FF_Finesser
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FF_Finesser » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:28 pm

I agree that Addison is in a great situation but I still think JSN is in a different league.
Jimmy Garoppolo,

Jared Goff, QB,

Trey Lance, QB

Chase Edmonds, RB, TBB

Breece Hall, RB, NYJ (Out)

Raheem Mostert, RB, MIA

Rachaad White, RB, TBB

Dyami Brown, WR,

Amari Cooper, WR, CLE

Dallas Goedert, TE, PHI

DeAndre Hopkins, WR, TEN

CeeDee Lamb, WR, DAL

Garrett Wilson, WR, NYJ

Tee Higgins, WR, CIN

K.J. Osborn, WR, MIN

Kyle Pitts, TE, ATL (Q)

Curtis Samuel, WR, WAS

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:19 pm

Not really that bold a take, and you might be right. They were drafted 1 pick apart. I had them very close. Metcalf is locked in for 3 years (potential out after 2), and while he's no JJ, he's certainly a top end WR. Should be interesting to see. The Vikings D, or lack thereof, makes me think Addison will lead all rookies in FF points this year. Both should be WR2's at some point, IMO. I have a bit of a personality concern with Addison, and none with JSN. Addison is at least tingling my spidey sense, so to speak.
ALL rookies? Or all WR rookies?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:48 am

Lumps wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:38 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:19 pm

ALL rookies? Or all WR rookies?
Sorry. Rookie WR's. Barring injury, Bijan will lead all rookies.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:48 am Sorry. Rookie WR's. Barring injury, Bijan will lead all rookies.
I like the QB's to lead fantasy scoring for the Rookies.

Bryce and AR would be my bets.

Bijan should lead the skill positions though, if you want to do that.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:56 pm

FF_Finesser wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:28 pm I agree that Addison is in a great situation but I still think JSN is in a different league.
I agree, but one never knows what fate has in store.
I like Addison better in Redraft leagues this year, but JSN in dynasty.

I only have to go back to 2020 to recall when Lamb was my WR1 in dynasty, but Jefferson was my top Redraft rookie WR.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:08 pm

I don't agree JSN is in another league. They went 1 pick apart in the draft. Addison won the Bilitenikoff as a sophomore. They are both underclassmen. There's really no evidence to suggest JSN is "in a different league".

I did have JSN ahead of Addison, FWIW, but I don't believe there were any elite, Chase/Julio type prospects, and I think that JSN going ahead of Addison also had to do with the Seahawks need, for a slot WR, over an outside one. If the Vikings had picked 19, good chance they still took Addison with JSN on the board.

Time will tell, but there's really nothing to suggest JSN is vastly superior to Addison at this point. I think both teams got good young WR's.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:08 pm I don't agree JSN is in another league. They went 1 pick apart in the draft. Addison won the Bilitenikoff as a sophomore. They are both underclassmen. There's really no evidence to suggest JSN is "in a different league".

I did have JSN ahead of Addison, FWIW, but I don't believe there were any elite, Chase/Julio type prospects, and I think that JSN going ahead of Addison also had to do with the Seahawks need, for a slot WR, over an outside one. If the Vikings had picked 19, good chance they still took Addison with JSN on the board.

Time will tell, but there's really nothing to suggest JSN is vastly superior to Addison at this point. I think both teams got good young WR's.
I agree. I finished with JSN above Addison, but I don't think it's some astronomical difference. Addison has a 95th percentile breakout as a true freshman. He was the guy on his teams for three years and continued producing and doing so efficiently at every level.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:08 pm I don't agree JSN is in another league. They went 1 pick apart in the draft. Addison won the Bilitenikoff as a sophomore. They are both underclassmen. There's really no evidence to suggest JSN is "in a different league".

Nothing wrong with varying opinions; it’s what makes fantasy fun and exciting.

I put some some stock in short shuttle drill especially for. Slot type players. That is a very telling drill that translates. He is certainly in a different league when it comes to short area quickness.

JSN was overall top 5 over the last 25 years.
He was almost .2 faster than anyone this class.

Addison may end up great but IMO I would easily ride with JSN.

None of us really know for sure today who will be better but we will in a few years.
Last edited by Ice on Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:49 pm

Not that it matters much but Addison actually went 3 picks after JSN and 4th receiver off the board.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:57 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:49 pm Not that it matters much but Addison actually went 3 picks after JSN and 4th receiver off the board.
Sorry, your'e right. I got that mixed up. It was that run of WR's, 4 in a row. QJ went next. My point still stands, just have to re-work it a bit. Very close draft capital.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:21 am

11 targets, 7 receptions, 133 yards, 2 TDs in his first two games. Route participation up 12% from Week 1. Shouldn't be long before he's in 2WR sets.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:32 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:21 am 11 targets, 7 receptions, 133 yards, 2 TDs in his first two games. Route participation up 12% from Week 1. Shouldn't be long before he's in 2WR sets.
We’ve struck gold! A lot of folks were talking about how weak this WR class was after the NFL draft. Still early, but Addison and Flowers are looking like future stars.