What do we think of this team for this year and the next 3-4 years?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

What do we think of this team for this year and the next 3-4 years?

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue May 16, 2023 5:20 am

Been working on a a rebuild for 2 years and think I’m finally ready to compete for at least a playoff spot, hopefully a ship. What do we think of this 1 QB team now and for the next 3-4 years? Vanilla full point Ppr league, 6 pt TD, start 1 flex, 12 teamer

QB Watson, Pickett, Carr

Rb Bijan, Gibbs, Singletary, Pierre strong, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller, Jamycal Hasty, Travis homer

WR, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Jahan Dotson, JSN, Wandale Robinson, Tyquan Thornton, Zay Jones, Agholor, Mack Hollins, David Bell

TE, Pat Friermuth, Harrison Bryant, Zach Ertz, Kylen Granson, Brevin Jordan

Starters are bolded

Part of me feels like I need more RB depth but another part of me says just roll with this because the way RBs are if a you gets injured one of these bench guys could Become a weekly starter

Really like my WRs

Te isn’t a strength really but it’s not a weakness

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do we think of this team for this year and the next 3-4 years?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue May 16, 2023 6:07 am

no do not get ahead of yourself, you dont want to barely make playoffs, you want to win it all or come in last and get top rookie talent in 2024 to compete for real next year if at all possible. id be selling evans and keenan (in season not now, terrible terrible time to try to move those guys right now)

that team is not close in my opinion unless its a 16 teamer then i can get the optimism. that team is super thin and has no studs outside bijan and gibbs
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue May 16, 2023 6:28 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:07 am no do not get ahead of yourself, you dont want to barely make playoffs, you want to win it all or come in last and get top rookie talent in 2024 to compete for real next year if at all possible. id be selling evans and keenan (in season not now, terrible terrible time to try to move those guys right now)

that team is not close in my opinion unless its a 16 teamer then i can get the optimism. that team is super thin and has no studs outside bijan and gibbs
Totally agree. I have doubts Gibbs is a top 12 running back. Light in the pants at WR. A 6 of 1 half dozen of another TE. Sorry, but this is not a championship team, might not even be a playoff team given how shallow it is.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue May 16, 2023 7:37 am

Keep building. I’d be looking for a chance to sell Evans and Keenan once they start producing. Grab as many of the rookie tight ends as possible if they are on waivers.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 16, 2023 7:55 am

As others have mentioned, this build still needs time. You are also in a tricky spot because with a younger build, I would not want to hold Evans and Allen until its too late to get any value. Both are underrated on the market, but I would certainly shop them in season and hope to get younger assets or picks that fit your builds timeline more. You still have a ton of question marks on this team up and down but Robinson, Gibbs and JSN is not a bad place to be building from at all. You have great value and potential in all three pieces but you need to add around them with solid youth. Time and patience here. Hold your picks also.

Pattycakes15
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Pattycakes15 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:21 am

Don't forget to mention you traded

1.05 for Mike Evans

and

1.11 for Keenan Allen

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Tue May 16, 2023 8:43 am

Pattycakes15 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:21 am Don't forget to mention you traded

1.05 for Mike Evans

and

1.11 for Keenan Allen
If this is true, you kinda threw yourself into a compete or not mode. If this is a 12-team league, then you're a likely contender for a playoff spot if it's a 6-team playoff. Agree with previous posts about the WR corps missing top-shelf talent. That RB corps is paper-thin behind your starters. I think Friermuth is better than others in the thread seem to, but you're still rocking a probable 6-9 ranked TE and QB at best.

I think you can try and get out the gates, but not commit any decent future pick equity to this. Slow start? Move Evans, Allen, Ertz (if you can't now), Carr and anything outside of your core (at best - Watson, Bijan, Gibbs, JSN, Dotson, and Friermuth). I'd be aiming for younger talent that underperformed in 2022 (Burks or London would be a dream add; maybe the Jameson Williams owner is sour right now?), and, without knowing how big your rookie draft was, scour the waiver wire for RB and TE depth.
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

AllEliteDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AllEliteDynasty » Tue May 16, 2023 8:43 am

Playoffs seem very possible. I would imagine for a ship your league has some more well rounded teams, but you can potentially get there. It would be based on some “if’s” but possible someday.

The QB’s seem average until we see something from any of them that isn’t old footage. 6 point TD league makes me wish you had a more reliable player here, but we’ll see with Watson.

The RB’s may be solid. BR5 is going to be a star, but Gibbs will be what makes or breaks your backfield. Singletary as your third RB can work, but you have to hope the other two stay healthy since I can’t see him being someone you can start often.

The WR’s are lets say…diverse
Allen completely will depend on his health, hope it isn’t like 2022. Evans is a hall of famer, but need to see how he does with Baker. Dotson can be really good, and then the other guys don’t tickle me. Jaxon Smith will be a stud for you, you need to keep him as a pillar of your team.

The TE’s, Freiermuth is great

Go into the season expecting to compete for a playoff spot and you’ll at least have fun. Once playoffs start anything can happen. If you’re thinking championship or bust then it’ll be a long season. If you have any later draft picks I would take a chance on one of the rookie QB’s from this class.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:46 am

I think that your team is solid, but your top two wr's are aging. I think I'd look to move them in season and add picks / youth to really build for the future. If you hold them simply to get in the playoffs it could hurt your long term plan. Good luck.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 2:41 pm

Hopefully last place since I have your 2024 1st

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league