Kendre Miller Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Kendre Miller Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 8:05 pm

20 years old, has lead back size, production was outstanding. Got early round 3 capital to a team that looks to have RB issues beyond this season, and a looming suspension for Kamara as well.

I held off this thread until I landed him in almost all my drafts, which happened today and yesterday, so now free to talk about him more without some of my league mates who frequent these boards getting any ideas. :lol:

I finished with him as my RB3, behind the consensus top 2. Think he's a really good player, in a good spot. What say you?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm

they must be blind if they couldn't see how good his tape looks.

having said that he's in a 3 man squad. williams is there for at least 2 years and kamara isn't going anywhere with his dead cap numbers. yeah he may be suspended but he will be back eventually.

there's risk there which is probably why you can get him early 2nd round.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 06, 2023 8:55 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 pm they must be blind if they couldn't see how good his tape looks.

having said that he's in a 3 man squad. williams is there for at least 2 years and kamara isn't going anywhere with his dead cap numbers. yeah he may be suspended but he will be back eventually.

there's risk there which is probably why you can get him early 2nd round.
Agreed, but William cap hit is small, and it's not too difficult to see Kendre passing him on the depth chart and working as the guy they pair with Kamara. All teams like to have multiple backs, but over the next 2 years, I don't think it's far fetched to think he can pass Williams at 28 and then 29 years old.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun May 07, 2023 3:24 am

My 4th ranked player in this draft. He is good.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 5:21 am

Leans into his cuts like crazy. He plays more downhill than Kamara. I think he's very one-dimensional in the running game, but he'll be a quality back in power and should be decent out of the backfield.

If he's asked to run inside or outside zone, toss, sweep, or anything this requires him to plant a his foot and go, I don't think he can do it. Anything lateral to the line is not part of his game. He also landed square on his hips a large percentage of his time when tackled, which takes a huge toll on his frame. Injuries will occur more often. He had a sprain in January and in four months he wasn't well enough to run a 40 time. All very concerning to me.

Here's a lateral run play where he's asked to pick up half a yard for a first down. There's a large enough hole and plenty of space for him to get the first down, but instead he runs into the back of a defender and stumbles to a stop before being tackled. I've never seen anything like it. The holes and space you see in this gif are about as good as it gets at the NFL level. If you can't make it work here, then that doesn't bode well for the future.

But his patience at the line is impressive and it's better than almost everyone else. He has great burst going downhill, great speed through the line, and can make defenders pay for being out of position. He's also not expected to carry the load right out of the gate, so less pressure to perform is probably going to help him during his rookie year.

IMO, too many red flags to be someone I'd want to take a chance on. I think the Saints will have a new starter in 2-3 years time. Miller is a better replacement for Latavius Murray than Kamara, imo. Hope I'm wrong, but this is how I see it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 07, 2023 5:44 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:21 am
Here's a lateral run play where he's asked to pick up half a yard for a first down. There's a large enough hole and plenty of space for him to get the first down, but instead he runs into the back of a defender and stumbles to a stop before being tackled. I've never seen anything like it. The holes and space you see in this gif are about as good as it gets at the NFL level. If you can't make it work here, then that doesn't bode well for the future.

Lol

You pick a play where the D completely blew up the Oline as an indictment on Miller’s ability to move laterally? There’s not 1 but 2 D players 4 yards deep at the point of attack as Miller reaches it and the O blockers are outmanned. No RB could have made anything out of that play. That he actually got back to the LoS is commendable.

I also had Miller as RB3 prior to this draft as 1 of the 3 true 3 down RBs in this draft. His landing spot didn’t drop him though Gibbs going to DET makes it a close group of 3 after Bijan IMO. I was shocked to see him sitting there when my 2.07 came up and I cannot figure out why he’s not going in the top 8-10 picks in a 1 QB draft.

Take a look at his game against Texas: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cE00WuRYmg
That has the look of a NFL game and what you can expect at the next level. A lot of between the tackles work but also being able to run well off tackle and break a long play as well as a nice catch on a poorly thrown ball that he turns into a nice gainer.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun May 07, 2023 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 6:01 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:44 amYou pick a play where the D completely blew up the Oline as an indictment on Miller’s ability to move laterally? There’s not 1 but 2 D players 4 yards deep at the point of attack as Miller reaches it and the O blockers are outmanned. No RB could have made anything out of that play. That he actually got back to the LoS is commendable.
That's a pretty popular play, actually. I'm not the only one using it. There's another view of that play from the endzone. That hole/space is a lot wider than it looks, and is far bigger than the NFL average. He couldn't plant his foot and go, which is a must if you're running lateral. There's a dozen similar plays where all he had to do was plant and go. Kid can't do it.

But that's not a big deal if he's not asked to. You can make a career running between the tackles, which is his strength anyway. He's a quality back and his value in the third is appropriate. It's just not enough to be the 1A back, that's all. He was a third round pick for a reason.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 07, 2023 6:09 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:01 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:44 amYou pick a play where the D completely blew up the Oline as an indictment on Miller’s ability to move laterally? There’s not 1 but 2 D players 4 yards deep at the point of attack as Miller reaches it and the O blockers are outmanned. No RB could have made anything out of that play. That he actually got back to the LoS is commendable.
That's a pretty popular play, actually. I'm not the only one using it. There's another view of that play from the endzone. That hole/space is a lot wider than it looks, and is far bigger than the NFL average. He couldn't plant his foot and go, which is a must if you're running lateral. There's a dozen similar plays where all he had to do was plant and go. Kid can't do it.

But that's not a big deal if he's not asked to. You can make a career running between the tackles, which is his strength anyway. He's a quality back and his value in the third is appropriate. It's just not enough to be the 1A back, that's all. He was a third round pick for a reason.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I saw him plant his foot and it looked to me like he stepped on the D lineman’s foot. But if you’re going to define a RB’s trait by one play where it’s clear he’s at a significant disadvantage due to his Oline allowing 4 yards of penetration at the POA then have at it.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 6:38 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:09 amWe’re going to have to agree to disagree. I saw him plant his foot and it looked to me like he stepped on the D lineman’s foot. But if you’re going to define a RB’s trait by one play where it’s clear he’s at a significant disadvantage due to his Oline allowing 4 yards of penetration at the POA then have at it.
You gotta give me a break here. I picked one example of many. I didn't define his entire career based on one play, that would be cruel. I watched umpteen hours of game and find one area that needs work. If he was good in the lateral game, he would have been selected higher than a third rounder.

Here's another example where he decides to bounce it outside, sees the defender (corner) he knows he's going to have to beat, and instead of planting a foot or even squaring up, he turns sideways and gives a half-attempt at a stiff arm. He had a good 5 lateral yards to make a plan and the best he did was shield the ball. Plays like these happened over and over. The outside runs aren't his thing, but between the tackles he's very impressive. That's more important anyway.

There are dozens of outside runs that I find to be disappointing. You don't need my opinion if you disagree.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 07, 2023 6:42 am

My clear RB3 as well (Charbonnet, Roschon, Achane right behind him). Good spot with aging RB in front of him. 2023 is likely not his year, but not many other solid RB in this draft I'd rather take a stab on.

Great production in college. Would like some more receptions, but I think he can catch at least if given some opportunity.

I'm happy he didn't run at the combine as it seems to have scared people off of him. He has enough game speed in my eyes, and hes not a small back either. The lateral ability is a question but he's a solid downhill runner who can make some quick cuts, stay on his feet through contact as well as run by you.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun May 07, 2023 7:01 am

A Mike H teaser RB report. Let's see the rest!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 07, 2023 8:40 am

I think if he got to do a combine or pro day, we'd be talking about him up there with Charbonnet predraft. Receiving usage is my only real concern with him.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 07, 2023 9:25 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:01 am A Mike H teaser RB report. Let's see the rest!
It's all there: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/author/meurah/
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 07, 2023 10:20 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:40 am I think if he got to do a combine or pro day, we'd be talking about him up there with Charbonnet predraft. Receiving usage is my only real concern with him.
He hit close to 22 MPH on the field, I believe. Was 21.9 or 21.5, range.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 07, 2023 11:28 am

Well, I’m no fan of highlight reels, but when scouting reports say a guy can’t do something that I see them do, I tend to believe my own eyes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kendre+ ... mw4x9SOg0I