General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Achane>Gibbs

Postby j4pac » Sun May 14, 2023 5:59 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:50 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:15 am https://twitter.com/StevenIHaglund/stat ... 80224?s=20

Dalvin Cook was the least efficient rb in the nfl last season. He rushed minus 200 yards than what was expected on his designed runs.

If the Vikings cut him I doubt the phins will bite. This makes Achane a little more enticing. But you never know about nfl teams and their player acquisitions.
Seems like Achane's running mates were both very efficient, according to this.
so just imagine achane in that same system. he doesn't need a lot of touches to make an impact.
The stat was yards over expected, and is an attempt to remove the OL and scheme as variables
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 14, 2023 6:20 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:50 pm

Seems like Achane's running mates were both very efficient, according to this.
so just imagine achane in that same system. he doesn't need a lot of touches to make an impact.
The stat was yards over expected, and is an attempt to remove the OL and scheme as variables
Yeah, I thought the idea was that was beyond what the scheme and OL provided them. In essence, they were both good at creating on their own, so that shouldn't have anything to do with Achane and the scheme/system, unless I am misinterpreting the metric.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun May 14, 2023 6:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:20 pm

Yeah, I thought the idea was that was beyond what the scheme and OL provided them. In essence, they were both good at creating on their own, so that shouldn't have anything to do with Achane and the scheme/system, unless I am misinterpreting the metric.
it has everything to do with what achane can create on his own. the scheme will give him space and he will do the rest. that's why he's taken in the 1st round of every draft.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 14, 2023 7:27 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:36 pm

it has everything to do with what achane can create on his own. the scheme will give him space and he will do the rest. that's why he's taken in the 1st round of every draft.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see his touch count. Don't expect a lot early, but by season's end (assuming health), I am curious to see how much he gets. I have him at RB5 in the class, personally. Landing spot certainly seems to be ideal for him. Could be a solid flex play by mid season.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun May 14, 2023 7:48 pm

We’ll see. One thing to do it in college and another to do it in the NFL. He has potential, but I think the stat suggests that the guys they currently have aren’t bad and that could slow Arcane from getting touches.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 14, 2023 7:53 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:48 pm

We’ll see. One thing to do it in college and another to do it in the NFL. He has potential, but I think the stat suggests that the guys they currently have aren’t bad and that could slow Arcane from getting touches.
That is pretty obvious/likely, at least early on. There aren't many day 2 backs that immediately start with high touch counts, even the ones that are early 2nd round picks, and that's also guys at a more prototypical size. He was late round 3, so unlikely he's out there a ton early. As the season progresses, he may get more. Early on it's likely he gets a handful of touches per game, and hope he can break a big one. He's likely going to return kicks, too, for those who do return yardage. Not a guy that will be a startable player early, but by the back half of the year, once he's more comfortable in the scheme, and the NFL game, he could be a guy who you're able to flex with a bit of confidence, if and when they step up his touch count into the double digits.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 15, 2023 4:27 am

j4pac wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:48 pm

I think we're also forgetting that he's behind two backs who get banged up pretty often. They were healthy for a change last season, but again, this is another situation where the perception of immediate opportunity isn't exactly enforced by steel.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon May 15, 2023 6:22 am

I'll offer one data point. We had our Rookie Auction last night, and Gibbs went for $21, Achane for $9. And Achane was the fourth-most expensive RB, behind Bijan ($34), Gibbs, and Miller ($10). FWIW.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), E Moore ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $102

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon May 15, 2023 7:28 am

People saying 200 carries and 40 receptions should be moving him up to 3rd or 4th overal in this class. That’s about the touch count for ETN last year. And ETN is not in as good a situation.

ETN is going as an early to mid 2nd round pick in startups.

I’d venture that your expectations are too high if you think he ends up with those touches. If you really believe it though you better grab him everywhere.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:41 am

Honestly I'd be happy if he is at 10-12 quality opportunities (rushes and *targets* combined) per game once he is acclimated to the scheme. We can talk about 15-18 touches per game if/when he can prove he can handle that kind of workload.

He is an F1 car in a NASCAR race, contact will be more taxing on his body and performance than most other guys in the NFL, you dont want him having a high volume role because that is going to harm his performance in a major way. If I have Achane on my squad I would prefer to see him used sparingly but effectively, his whole game in the NFL is punishing defenses for allowing space on the field, with Achane/Hill/Waddle all it takes is one play with a small crease for any of them to house it. Risky play but if he can find 3-4 quality plays a game Achane could easily put up 100 yards and 2 TDs because there are very few guys catching him from behind when he is healthy, but that is the rub, can he remain healthy enough in the NFL to keep his speed differential vs defenders.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 17, 2023 4:09 am

Achane is up to 192 pounds. At least he's trying to put his body in right order to play in the nfl.

https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/165 ... 43500?s=20

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 17, 2023 4:45 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:09 am Achane is up to 192 pounds. At least he's trying to put his body in right order to play in the nfl.

It’s easy for these guys to put on weight now. The problem is maintaining that weight once the season starts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 17, 2023 5:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:45 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:09 am Achane is up to 192 pounds. At least he's trying to put his body in right order to play in the nfl.

It’s easy for these guys to put on weight now. The problem is maintaining that weight once the season starts.
He may have just eaten a bunch of cheese the day before.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:47 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:45 am

He may have just eaten a bunch of cheese the day before.
That's not gonna help his speed

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 17, 2023 6:00 am

He was basically at a 28 BMI without the extra weight. He's fine either way.