Bryce Young Early Sell?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Bryce Young Early Sell?

Postby SN9-7Titans » Tue May 02, 2023 1:31 pm

12T SF PPR

So we had a "rookie fever" startup draft, which as you have guessed had the draft before the NFL draft. I invested my 2nd round startup pick on Young. Anyway now after two weeks i have been approached by a guy who wants to trade for him. Obviously, i want a haul for that as the bears got just for moving down.

His offer: Goff Kupp 2024 first
Give: Young + Hopkins

which is not enough at all imo, i would remove Hopkins and still dont feel well. I know it might be better for one year to get Goff and Kupp over Young, but that's no fun.

My Team:
QB: Lamar Jackson, Love, Young, Trask, Zach Wilson
RB: Henry, Akers, Charb, CEH, Chase Brown, Spears, Hubbard
WRs: DJ Moore, Hopkins, Burks, Campbell, Reed, Rice, Michael Wilson, Philips, Bateman
TE: Kelce, Hock, Fant, Woods

His Team:
QB: Fields, Goff, DTR, Heinecke, Huntley, Zappe
RB: Walker, Kamara, Pachecco, Hines, Singletary, Gibbs, Abankikanda
WRs: Kupp, Cooper, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks, Lazard, Renfrow, Hyatt
TE: Higbee, Mayer

any offer suggestions?
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bryce Young Early Sell?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue May 02, 2023 1:34 pm

Kupp is still a really good WR asset but your team looks to be in for a bit of a struggle in the coming years and therefore would not be interested in taking on an aging WR from a value standpoint and Goff is an average QB asset in SF. No reason to make this deal after investing what you did in Young in the startup.

I would certainly be looking to move Henry,Kelce and Hopkins though. I am not sure they fit your build at all and are declining assets.

SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SN9-7Titans » Tue May 02, 2023 1:55 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:34 pm Kupp is still a really good WR asset but your team looks to be in for a bit of a struggle in the coming years and therefore would not be interested in taking on an aging WR from a value standpoint and Goff is an average QB asset in SF. No reason to make this deal after investing what you did in Young in the startup.

I would certainly be looking to move Henry,Kelce and Hopkins though. I am not sure they fit your build at all and are declining assets.
this team is decent enough until kelce/henry/hopkins call it quits. Getting a haul from Young would certainly put me in the championship contention right away imo. But i dont know what to ask for when a top 5 WR + top 10 QB and a mid/late 1st are still not enough. If ask for cheap throw ins like Cooks/ridley/or even cooper, i feel like still taking the "age" loss here, and if i ask for him to throw in Gibbs or Walker (to have the handcuff to Charb) he'll probably decline right away.

Goff + Kupp + Walker + 2024 1st

is something i'd accept tbh.
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

hawk2119
Starter
Starter

Postby hawk2119 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:39 pm

I think your team first needs to pick a direction - you're stuck in the middle right now having invested in young and then followed it up with kelce/henry/hopkins. If you move young for goff/kupp/++ that's fine direction but realize you're going all in this year. If you don't move young you probably want to move the aging assets.