19%

Total votes: 62

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Mingo vs Tillman vs Reed

Postby frerichs5 » Wed May 03, 2023 6:34 pm

Ice wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:27 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:19 pm Apologize for off topic a little, but I don’t get the top out at 70 targets in a good year for Addison. Theilen and KJ Osborn both averaged the same 5.8/week (64 total each) in the 11 games with Hock there. That’s a 17 game pace of 98-99 targets for option #3 and option #4 in that offense. I’d argue Addison’s talent will demand more than those two, but even if not…seems closer to 100 is a better number. Unless you’re betting on a major drop off in number of pass attempts.
Just to set the record straight, I am pretty sure I said 70 RECEPTIONS not targets. If he plays great he will be around 110 targets to hit that number.
Ah, completely misread that. Makes much more sense now!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 03, 2023 6:55 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:34 pm
Ice wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:27 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:19 pm Apologize for off topic a little, but I don’t get the top out at 70 targets in a good year for Addison. Theilen and KJ Osborn both averaged the same 5.8/week (64 total each) in the 11 games with Hock there. That’s a 17 game pace of 98-99 targets for option #3 and option #4 in that offense. I’d argue Addison’s talent will demand more than those two, but even if not…seems closer to 100 is a better number. Unless you’re betting on a major drop off in number of pass attempts.
Just to set the record straight, I am pretty sure I said 70 RECEPTIONS not targets. If he plays great he will be around 110 targets to hit that number.
Ah, completely misread that. Makes much more sense now!
:thumbup:
Easy to do. We all have done that before.
Good Luck!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 04, 2023 9:19 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:28 pm I agree with the notion that Addison profiles as a WR2 for the NFL (JJ all but guarantees that in for the foreseeable future) and a WR2/3 for fantasy. Sure, there are Devonta Smiths of the world who are just that talented and can hit low end WR1 numbers for fantasy, but I don't expect that from most.

I also agree that Mingo/Tillman could hit the WR1 upside, but they have a much lower shot of doing this than Addison does at being a solid WR2 at least imo. All about team building and risk tolerance. Higher floor/Low Ceiling vs Boom/bust
It's very interesting how ho-hum the perception of Addison is when players with his production profile and draft capital are usually pretty good WRs. Plus, he landed in a great situation where he can immediately compete for T-24 value and will never see primary coverage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 04, 2023 10:37 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:19 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:28 pm I agree with the notion that Addison profiles as a WR2 for the NFL (JJ all but guarantees that in for the foreseeable future) and a WR2/3 for fantasy. Sure, there are Devonta Smiths of the world who are just that talented and can hit low end WR1 numbers for fantasy, but I don't expect that from most.

I also agree that Mingo/Tillman could hit the WR1 upside, but they have a much lower shot of doing this than Addison does at being a solid WR2 at least imo. All about team building and risk tolerance. Higher floor/Low Ceiling vs Boom/bust
It's very interesting how ho-hum the perception of Addison is when players with his production profile and draft capital are usually pretty good WRs. Plus, he landed in a great situation where he can immediately compete for T-24 value and will never see primary coverage.
Along with Devonta, Tee Higgins has the same benefit. It's not a bad thing, if you have a QB that can support it, and Cousins can.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:42 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:37 am

Along with Devonta, Tee Higgins has the same benefit. It's not a bad thing, if you have a QB that can support it, and Cousins can.
Agreed. I think the possibility Addison hits his numbers are way higher than QJ.

Currently going back and forth on Addison Vs Flowers. QJ is my clear #4

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 04, 2023 11:15 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:42 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:37 am

Agreed. I think the possibility Addison hits his numbers are way higher than QJ.

Currently going back and forth on Addison Vs Flowers. QJ is my clear #4
No issues with Addison's floor as it is quite high. The concern I have is his ceiling.. He does have a low bust factor so is a safe pick to add to a roster.

I simply don't see a legit #1 fantasy WR.

There are 16 players that had between 70 and 79 receptions last season. 9 had 100 or more with JJ leading the way at 128.

No two players were on the same team in 100 category.

37 players had 70 plus receptions.

There is a ceiling to really consider with this player, given his landing spot, unless you think he will take away from Jefferson.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:55 am

Current ADP on MFL, and range of picks:

Mingo #16 overall, earliest 3, latest 49
Tillman #30 overall, earliest 10, latest 65
Reed #27 overall, earliest 14, latest 52
and FWIW Rice #20 overall, earliest 6, latest 45
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu May 04, 2023 1:12 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:55 am Current ADP on MFL, and range of picks:

The Mingo Family Dynasty League shouldn't be included in ADPs.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 04, 2023 2:39 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:12 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:55 am Current ADP on MFL, and range of picks:

LOL I know I saw that, crazy
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 04, 2023 10:29 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:59 am I'm not against taking a shot on Mingo. Or Tillman or Reed.

If I had to pick today as a rebuilder, I'm probably taking Mingo solely because the community values him the most and then I'm selling as soon as he has some good games.

If I'm drafting to keep, or contending now or soon, I think Tillman has the best QB of the three. DPJ is on the last year of his contract and Tillman almost serves as a direct drop-in replacement penciled in for the role. Tillman was playing alongside other NFL talent WR (Hyatt) and unlike Hyatt, who was lining up in gadget roles and routes, Tillman was running real routes as the outside WR.

Reed may got lost in a committee. And I have no idea if Jordan Love is any good. They just gave him a 1 year extension... one year... doesn't sound too confident to me. GB could be worse than we've seen them in a long, long time.
I don't see Tillman as a DPJ replacement but Cooper, based on play style. Additionally, Cleveland is 51mil over the cap next year but can clear 12.5 by cutting Cooper, or 20 if post June 1 next year. That ignores another renegotiation.

Tillman's opportunity runs through Cooper.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:12 pm

:lol: :clap:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Fri May 05, 2023 1:19 am

Probably a devy league

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:37 am Along with Devonta, Tee Higgins has the same benefit. It's not a bad thing, if you have a QB that can support it, and Cousins can.
Except, I don't wanna spend 1.5 - 1.8 on a Devonta Smith. Which is where I see Addison going.
If its TEP, I'll take Kincaid or trade out.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 05, 2023 7:04 am

Matt Harmon is positively gushing over Reed on twitter. He’s got a serious man crush on him. Nice to have someone like that reinforcing your decision if you drafted Reed like I did.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:06 am

JTLoh wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:37 am Along with Devonta, Tee Higgins has the same benefit. It's not a bad thing, if you have a QB that can support it, and Cousins can.
Except, I don't wanna spend 1.5 - 1.8 on a Devonta Smith. Which is where I see Addison going.
If its TEP, I'll take Kincaid or trade out.
I also would hate getting the WR9 last year for a mid-late 1st... if you think Addison is as good as Smith, then I would be smashing the draft button after Bijan/Gibbs/JSN