Trade Offers for rookie after you make the pick

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Trade Offers for rookie after you make the pick

Postby lawilt » Mon May 01, 2023 8:55 am

How do y'all approach trade offers for a rookie that come in right after you make the selection?

Do you expect a higher return for that player than what you would've taken prior to making the selection since you now know you took the player that owner covets?

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Trade Offers for rookie after you make the pick

Postby Lumps » Mon May 01, 2023 9:00 am

lawilt wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:55 am How do y'all approach trade offers for a rookie that come in right after you make the selection?

Do you expect a higher return for that player than what you would've taken prior to making the selection since you now know you took the player that owner covets?
I don't see why you would take less than what you would have prior. That doesn't make sense.

Now, if you are approached by someone who is OTC and another player you were waffling over at your own pick is still there... I guess you could consider it depending on what else you are getting.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon May 01, 2023 9:26 am

I wouldn’t necessarily expect a higher return, but I would take it into consideration when pressing for a balanced win-win trade, if the other owner has something that interests me.

I’ve been on both sides of that situation and like to adhere to the golden rule: Treat others as you would want them to treat you.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:09 pm

Just approach it like any other trade, but know that you have the leverage.

Chances are they thought the player would fall and they didn't. So now they're in a position of regret, panic, etc ... If the initial offer is fair I don't try to gouge them. But definitely use it to your advantage. I try to work quickly.

I wanna capitalize on whatever they were thinking in the moment when they sent the offer.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Thu May 04, 2023 5:27 pm

I completed this type of trade once. Big rebuild, had stockpiled a ton of 2020 picks. I think 9 of the top 16.

At 1.07, had Jefferson rated much higher than Jeudy but also had 1.09 and 1.10. Selected Jeudy gambling that Jefferson was more likely to slip. Jefferson went 1.08.

Immediately started making offers for JJ and after some back and forth, it was clear the other manager would only accept if I gave both 1.09 and 1.10. Made the deal. Would have gone Ruggs and Raegor if keeping the picks.

I got flamed hard for that trade but had tons of picks and a note that said “Jefferson no matter what” lol. It worked out.

Point is, don’t discount that the other person might “overpay”. Maybe they’re just kicking the tires but there’s a decent chance they desperately want the player. And…it might still blow up in your face!

That will probably always be my favorite trade ever.