1st round draft quick reactions?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1st round draft quick reactions?

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:34 am

What are the (probably over-) reactions after last night's draft?

I have 1.06 in a 1 qb league, and I'm thinking of trying to move up one spot. Flowers in Baltimore I feel is a good chunk less than JSN in Sea, Addison in MN, and Johntson on the Chargers with Herbert. Initially I was loving 1.06 to get whichever of them fell to me, but Flowers was already my #4 and he got the worst spot by a landslide.

Some are worried about the Gibbs landing spot, but this is an RB who went super early. Lions gonna move Swift or let him ride the pine. D Mont will be the between the tackles thumper and Gibbs will be the outside guy and designed pass play playmaker. Don't have to be a 3 down back to be a PPR goldmine.

RIP Levis

Richardson to the Colts makes him a very appealing fantasy stash. If a team believes in him enough to take at the 4 pick, he's gonna get his chance to see if a possible franchise guy.

Very curious what order the next slate of Rbs and Wrs go in. If Charbonnete gets a good spot in the early 2nd, could he jump into that top 5 picks for 1QB leagues?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 1st round draft quick reactions?

Postby oneson9192 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:50 am

I'd hold at the 1.06. I think yesterday was overall a positive for Zay. 22nd overall, WR3 draft capital. I think he slides in as the Ravens' WR2 behind only a 30 y/o OBJ (Bateman owners like myself are mourning). He's got a franchise QB who isn't going anywhere, and Baltimore is showing signs that they want to pass more with coaching changes, Lamar's contract, the OBJ addition, and this draft pick. I'd be taking Zay Flowers at 1.07 in my SF draft if it was today (thankfully it's not). I don't think yesterday should scare you off of him.

Agreed on Gibbs/Levis/Richardson.

Kincaid is very intriguing in the late 1st of TEP leagues. Maybe earlier depending on tonight's picks...
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:55 am

Gibbs landing in Detroit is more a worry to me from an injury perspective than it is a usage perspective. Swift is just the latest in a long line of running backs who had their careers cut very short on that team.

Not sure why Flowers in Baltimore is considered such a bad spot. Marquise Brown did alright there and I think the offense is going to be a lot more creative than it has been. This might be bad for the Ravens if Jackson can’t work in a more passing oriented offense, but should still be a good thing for the receivers.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:59 am

For 1QB, PPR, rookie draft:
Like - Bijon to ATL and Addison to MIN
Dislike - mostly everything else

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:06 am

Not thrilled with some landing spots.

In 5 mffl leagues with 1.1, (2) 1.3, 1.5 and 1.7. Bad year in all my leagues last year...lol.

Levi's is now a discounted stash, if someone has room on their roster. I am more concerned with Young, just how many 300 lb tackles driving him into the ground, can he take? The oline in Carolina, is at best above average. The comparison to Murray and Brees, Brees was built thicker and had a ton talent on the team. And Murray has been hurt. Also Mayfield (as a comparison), but he generally sucks...lol.

Robinson should be good, I believe. Gibbs to Loins, they have Monte and Swift. Waiting to see how that shakes out.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:09 am

I own 1.03 ... I was happy to get Gibbs or JSN. I think both landing spots are good, but I own DK. Really hoping, 1.02 takes JSN.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 am

Ok after sleeping on it heres my thoughts on rnd 1

Bryce Young - 1.01 capital, not a great spot though. Not much for weapons right now.

CJ Stroud - Also excellent capital, maybe slightly better spot than Young.

Anthony Richardson - Excellent capital, favorite landing spot for the QBs.

Bijan Robinson - Excellent capital, idiotic pick. Pitts, London, Bijan led by... Ridder? Falcons run the air out of the ball but do they pass to the RBs much?

Jahmyr Gibbs - Wow that was earlier than expected but even worse pick than Atlanta. Obviously the smoke of them moving on from Swift is legit. Montgomery will be the thunder to Gibbs lightning.

JSN - initially didnt like the spot. Slept on it, I am neutral now. Lockett has a potential out after this season and will be 31 this year. I can see mid season JSN overtaking Lockett and I think he perfectly compliments DK. Geno Smith is the real issue here beyond this season. If he implodes, they taking a QB next season.

Quentin Johnston - got the dream landing spot with 1st rnd capital. Much to the chagrin to his haters. Like the player but dont love him. With the capital and landing spot he definitely goes up in my rankings.

Zay Flowers - Initially I was crushed. The Ravens have always been a fantasy wasteland for wide receivers. However, I remembered that Greg Roman is out and Todd Monken is in, who uses a lot of 3 receiver sets and passes a lot more. So.... maybe not terrible? Bateman is an unknown, OBJ is old and busted. So I can see a scenario where Flowers is the #2 pass catching option behind Andrews.

Jordan Addison - I like the spot a lot. Everyone knew the Vikings needed a WR 2 behind Jefferson. Nothing to complain about here.

Dalton Kincaid - I sat there watching my Cowboys get sniped and the dumbfounded looks on the faces in their war room on live tv actually made me happy. Someone trades up 1 spot in front of them seemingly every year. Im glad it was the Bills though who have only gushed about Kincaid's hands and routes which is what we want him used for in fantasy.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:40 am

QB - I think we got 3 solid options added to dynasty. All should play and have an impact. This is becoming the strength of the class IMO.

RB - Bijan will get a ton of work and I liked the spot. Gibbs will probably have a similar career arc to Swift... flashes od dominance but always somewhat held back. CIN and DAL could still make some noise and add some juice to the RB crop.

WR - Yuck. I honestly didn't like any of these. JSN is my favorite of them but they all feel like supporting roles and I don't see a WR1 ceiling for any of them.

TE - Kincaid was a tremendous pick. He is rising above all WRs except JSN for me right now.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:42 am

I don’t think the Cowboys got sniped at all. They drafted a great talent and by far their biggest position of need. They may have thought they could get him later but I doubt it. DT is becoming a 20 plus million dollar position in the NFL.

I do think M, Parsons has a future as a GM. He asked Quinn to draft him earlier in the day with that pick.

His athletic upside is off the charts. Many pro bowls in Mazi’s future.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:42 am I don’t think the Cowboys got sniped at all. They drafted a great talent and by far their biggest position of need. They may have thought they could get him later but I doubt it. DT is becoming a 20 plus million dollar position in the NFL.

I do think M, Parsons has a future as a GM. He asked Quinn to draft him earlier in the day with that pick.

The Bills knew Kincaid was the Cowboys target, and the faces in the Cowboys war room confirmed it. Even saw Mccarthy looking animated and irritated after the Bills selection. I think Mazi was the fallback option.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:11 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 am
Ice wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:42 am I don’t think the Cowboys got sniped at all. They drafted a great talent and by far their biggest position of need. They may have thought they could get him later but I doubt it. DT is becoming a 20 plus million dollar position in the NFL.

The Bills knew Kincaid was the Cowboys target, and the faces in the Cowboys war room confirmed it. Even saw Mccarthy looking animated and irritated after the Bills selection. I think Mazi was the fallback option.
Even if you think you are right, the Cowboys made the right pick IMO. This draft has 3-4 TE's in the draft.

Dallas ranked 22nd against the run and struggled to stop teams all year up the middle. Getting a 323 pound run stuffer with a mean streak, who is was easily the strongest Defensive Player in the draft is a big thing. Pun intended :biggrin:

Teams will no longer control the interior line of scrimmage against Dallas.

My guess is Musgrave may be their target in round 2 but they may have to move up as he can block as well catch.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:14 am

Oh shoot, Kincaid being the #1 TE taken and Michael Mayer not taken in the 1st round has given me pause on Mayer being worth a late 1st pick in rookie drafts. TEs we know have been fools gold to draft high, but I had thought Mayer was a worthwhile exception. Now not sure.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:16 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:14 am Oh shoot, Kincaid being the #1 TE taken and Michael Mayer not taken in the 1st round has given me pause on Mayer being worth a late 1st pick in rookie drafts. TEs we know have been fools gold to draft high, but I had thought Mayer was a worthwhile exception. Now not sure.
TEs are never worth 1st rnd picks in dynasty rookie drafts.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:18 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:11 am

Even if you think you are right, the Cowboys made the right pick IMO. This draft has 3-4 TE's in the draft.

Dallas ranked 22nd against the run and struggled to stop teams all year up the middle. Getting a 323 pound run stuffer with a mean streak, who is was easily the strongest Defensive Player in the draft is a big thing. Pun intended :biggrin:

My guess is Musgrave may be their target in round 2 but they may have to move up as he can block as well catch.
I dont hate who they ended up taking. I wasnt pulling my hair out like I did when they took Taco Charlton. I like the player and it fills a need. I was just bummed because for once fantasy and fandom might actually line up for me. I wasnt a fan of the Zeke pick, and hated the Lamb pick (although Lamb has proved me somewhat wrong).

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:20 am

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:11 am

Good call on Kincaid being a good choice in the GEDL league.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5