Re: 1.02 aftershock in 1QB with quick drafts after that Gibbs pick

Postby mild » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:08 pm

mild wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:14 pm Image
What a baller.
Most rushes of 20+ in the NFL this year:

1. Jahmyr Gibbs - 10
2. Christian McCaffrey - 8
3. Conner/Mostert/Barkley/Najee/Keaton Mitchell - 7
It's still Bijan, but anyone that got Gibbs as the "consolation prize" as the RB2 last year after Bijan is pretty happy right now.

Yes, even with David Montgomery there... :lol:

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm

[ 8-) quote=mild post_id=2235285 time=1702937284 user_id=33855]
mild wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:14 pm Image
What a baller.
Most rushes of 20+ in the NFL this year:

1. Jahmyr Gibbs - 10
2. Christian McCaffrey - 8
3. Conner/Mostert/Barkley/Najee/Keaton Mitchell - 7
It's still Bijan, but anyone that got Gibbs as the "consolation prize" as the RB2 last year after Bijan is pretty happy right now.

Yes, even with David Montgomery there... :lol:
[/quote]

I got em’ both. 8-)

Gibbs was nearly as must have as Bijan was for me. I took Bijan at 1.01 because I knew he wouldn’t make it back to me at 3. Arich went 1.02 so I snapped up Gibbs at 3.

Gibbs looks exceptional and he’s really exceeded my very high expectations I had for him. And seeing him get a solid portion of the redzone work these past several weeks has been so exciting.

I’d only have Bijan ahead of him in dynasty, and I’m not arguing with anyone that has Gibbs at 1.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:30 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm I got em’ both. 8-)

Gibbs was nearly as must have as Bijan was for me. I took Bijan at 1.01 because I knew he wouldn’t make it back to me at 3. Arich went 1.02 so I snapped up Gibbs at 3.

Gibbs looks exceptional and he’s really exceeded my very high expectations I had for him. And seeing him get a solid portion of the redzone work these past several weeks has been so exciting.

I’d only have Bijan ahead of him in dynasty, and I’m not arguing with anyone that has Gibbs at 1.
Well hell yeah - having both is pretty good too! It must be nice...

Interesting that we're now 15 weeks in and Gibbs has outscored Bijan, despite them both sharing a backfield and Gibbs having a FAR slower start.

0.5 PPR:
Gibbs 180.3
Bijan 168.9

You've gotta wonder how many seasons of that it would take for the "Bijan RB1" crowd to change their position. (Just kidding, they never will)

Even I'd tell you that I'd rather have Bijan - but I'd add that he certainly needs some luck to break his way, situationally speaking. If it keeps going like this, then I imagine Gibbs will be the preferred asset to teams that are interested in winning now.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 am

mild wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:30 pm

Interesting that we're now 15 weeks in and Gibbs has outscored Bijan, despite them both sharing a backfield and Gibbs having a FAR slower start.

0.5 PPR:
Gibbs 180.3
Bijan 168.9

You've gotta wonder how many seasons of that it would take for the "Bijan RB1" crowd to change their position. (Just kidding, they never will)

Even I'd tell you that I'd rather have Bijan - but I'd add that he certainly needs some luck to break his way, situationally speaking. If it keeps going like this, then I imagine Gibbs will be the preferred asset to teams that are interested in winning now.
That's a really interesting point. My question would be why would any manager want an elite RB when they are not interested in winning now? If your team isn't in a window to win then rostering Bijan makes zero sense to me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:41 am

tstafford wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:03 am
mild wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:30 pm

0.5 PPR:
Gibbs 180.3
Bijan 168.9

That's a really interesting point. My question would be why would any manager want an elite RB when they are not interested in winning now? If your team isn't in a window to win then rostering Bijan makes zero sense to me.
Speaking for the teams I've spoken with that have Bijan/aren't competing... they think they can either win it all next year with a few more pieces or they can't get good value for him. I offered up some hefty packages early in the year that weren't enough that I wouldn't offer up again today.

He's still young though and plenty of time to turn it around. Building a dynasty team isn't always as easy as "let me get me 2 elite WR, QB and then I'll go grab the RB". I can see why some of the teams who have been at the bottom want the elite RB on their team to make a difference and think they can get cheap WR talent to fill around them. The main issue is that Bijan hasn't been elite and those teams would have been better off selling for a huge package at the start of the year. He's on a lot of non-playoff teams in my leagues and the one he was on, he just got bounced pretty badly

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:45 am

Back to Gibbs. Someone I'd love to roster but the price is astronomical. Probably more than Bijan was at the start of the year. I've given up on chasing the shiny RB long ago. I'll keep trying to find the Rachaad Whites for cheap

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:17 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:45 am Back to Gibbs. Someone I'd love to roster but the price is astronomical. Probably more than Bijan was at the start of the year. I've given up on chasing the shiny RB long ago. I'll keep trying to find the Rachaad Whites for cheap
Yep. My best team is running out White, KWilliams, Swift, and Montgomery and I led the league in scoring. It's nice to have the top RBs when they are firing at the right time, but paying an arm and a leg to get one is a tough pill to swallow.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:58 am

This year is a repeat for 2020 draft for me. Team A had the 1.01, and I have the 1.02.

2020 Team A takes CEH, I take JT.
2023 Team A (same team) took Bijan, I grabbed Gibbs.

2020 I "earned" the 1.02, 2023 I got what ended up being the 1.02 for Claypool (right after the trade to the Bears), Jamaal Williams, and Isaiah McKenzie.

mild
Legend
Legend

Jahmyr Gibbs

Postby mild » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Jahmyr Gibbs is so stinkin' good.

Disgusting.

I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring Gibbs to Bijan outright in a startup right now.

Credit to the Lions. They said they wanted him to be Alvin Kamara... and they've been true to their word.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jahmyr Gibbs

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:10 pm Jahmyr Gibbs is so stinkin' good.

Disgusting.

I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring Gibbs to Bijan outright in a startup right now.

Credit to the Lions. They said they wanted him to be Alvin Kamara... and they've been true to their word.
Yep. And I've seen some expert mocks lately where he's gone ahead of Bijan. They're very close in value IMO - dealer's choice. Then it's a question of how big (if at all) is the gap to Hall. I'm probably taking Hall at value over Gibbs/Bijan.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jahmyr Gibbs

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:27 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 am
mild wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:10 pm Jahmyr Gibbs is so stinkin' good.

Disgusting.

Yep. And I've seen some expert mocks lately where he's gone ahead of Bijan. They're very close in value IMO - dealer's choice. Then it's a question of how big (if at all) is the gap to Hall. I'm probably taking Hall at value over Gibbs/Bijan.
That hole was massive. There are a lot of backs in the league that take that to the house. Just him and the safety, and he has a 2 way go. Gibbs is awesome, but that's not even one of his better runs.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:45 am Back to Gibbs. Someone I'd love to roster but the price is astronomical. Probably more than Bijan was at the start of the year. I've given up on chasing the shiny RB long ago. I'll keep trying to find the Rachaad Whites for cheap
If you don't get them in a startup or in a rookie draft....good luck. Buying high on RBs tends not to work well.

Gibbs is fantastic. It started out a little rough with the usage, but Detroit adjusted really well and he's looked the part ever since. Once they really start getting him going in the receiving game, it's going to be lights out.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:47 am

Gibbs is nowhere near peak Kamara but then again only CMC was either way as dynamic both as a runner or receiver

As for current status Gibbs isn't the runner Bijan is(or Hall) but being in the Lions offense provides better usage. That could change with a competent hire in Atlanta on the offensive side of the ball. If Ben Johnson or Harbaugh go there then I'm going Bijan over Gibbs all day. Belichick ... not so sure 😕

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am
If you don't get them in a startup or in a rookie draft....good luck. Buying high on RBs tends not to work well.

Gibbs is fantastic. It started out a little rough with the usage, but Detroit adjusted really well and he's looked the part ever since. Once they really start getting him going in the receiving game, it's going to be lights out.
I bought CMC after his massive year. Had him for 2 injury plagued years, then moved him for a fraction of the price. Then he went to SF and stayed healthy for 2 straight big years again. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 am

I bought CMC after his massive year. Had him for 2 injury plagued years, then moved him for a fraction of the price. Then he went to SF and stayed healthy for 2 straight big years again. :lol:
That stinks
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5