Bijan Robinson THE THREAD

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cjbryant03
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Bijan Robinson THE THREAD

Postby Cjbryant03 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:31 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:06 pm
Cjbryant03 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:11 pm In my 12 team league, I just offered Achane, Jeudy, Sanders, 2025 1st (should be late) and 2024 2nd (his choice that can be traded later as I have two). He declined it after some hesitation. He needed depth at RB and WR. Thought that was and overpay but apparently not
I get it though. For a contender that's all just depth. Achane is nice for production but Jeudy and Sanders won't add much to a contenders starting roster. Achane is a good start, but there are very few true stud RBs out there.
His roster doesnt have depth. Hes rolling out cook on a weekly basis. After his starters, team is full of handcuffs and 3rd or 4th WRs. Although starting core is Diggs, Collins, Kirk, London.

Part of the issue is he scored 189 points last week with some big games and decided he will roll with that and see what happens. My offer was to provide a bit of depth to navigate bye weeks and what not with guys who will see the field and touch the ball.

It was close though. He debated for about 24hours. Probably my fault for not pushing for a quicker deal and let him think about it too long.
10 Team, Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1DST, 5 Taxi

QB: Mahomes, Watson
RB: JT, Pollard, Barkley, Sanders, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Wilson, Mitchell,
WR: DK, Higgins, Aiyuk, Pickens, Jeudy, Davis, Toney,
TE: Muth, Engram
Taxi: A. Pierce, Ford, Shaheed, Brown (Cin), Palmer

Picks:
24: 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
25: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th
26: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:25 am

The problem with that offer is really only the Achane + 1 part is attractive when dealing away a premium asset (and Achane comes with a lot more risk than Bijan). Jeudy and Sanders are meh. If it was Achane + 1 + 2 + [someone else very good] then you may get someone's attention.

Personally I'd only be interested in moving Bijan in a deal for Jefferson or Chase (depending on lineups/scoring) or an elite QB in SF. I used Bijan in a deal to get Lamar in one league, but the others I have are going nowhere.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:59 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:35 am

Wealthy people murdering people and getting away with it is a tale as old as time. Remember all the smoke about a woman dying in Irsay's apartment ... then the story faded and months ago people are seriously taking Irsay's statements about JT's "injury" seriously. :doh:

As Fitzgerald said, "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me." Indeed.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/10367- ... h-they-are
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:28 am

timeEd32 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:25 am The problem with that offer is really only the Achane + 1 part is attractive when dealing away a premium asset (and Achane comes with a lot more risk than Bijan). Jeudy and Sanders are meh. If it was Achane + 1 + 2 + [someone else very good] then you may get someone's attention.

Personally I'd only be interested in moving Bijan in a deal for Jefferson or Chase (depending on lineups/scoring) or an elite QB in SF. I used Bijan in a deal to get Lamar in one league, but the others I have are going nowhere.
I think the list for Bijan is larger, you’d really turn down Lamb for him? Or AJB?
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:35 am
As Fitzgerald said, "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me." Indeed.
Larry Fitzgerald is a real one.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:30 am

Wealthy people murdering people and getting away with it is a tale as old as time. Remember all the smoke about a woman dying in Irsay's apartment ... then the story faded and months ago people are seriously taking Irsay's statements about JT's "injury" seriously. :doh:
Wait. So you’re saying that Wundrum’s OD death was really her murder by Irsay and that the evidence was suppressed? Care to share your foundation for this claim?

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:43 pm

Bijan has the 7th highest snap rate inside the red zone on the Falcons behind London/Pitts/Van Jefferson (!) / MyCole Pruitt (!) / Tyler Allgeier / Jonnu Smith.

He has the 10th highest snap rate on the team from inside the 5 yard line.

31 RBs have 100+ touches this season:
-Bijan Robinson = 5.5 ypt (5/31)
-Tyler Allgeier = 3.5 ypt (30/31)

I don't personally like yards/touch as a stat, so here's this as well:
-Bijan Robinson = 5.0 ypc on 103 carries
-Tyler Allgeier = 3.2 ypc on 116 carries

Arthur Smith is a f*****g joke.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:51 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:43 pm Bijan has the 7th highest snap rate inside the red zone on the Falcons behind London/Pitts/Van Jefferson (!) / MyCole Pruitt (!) / Tyler Allgeier / Jonnu Smith.

Allgeier gets more redzone and goal line work though which skews the stats sometimes. He has 25 redzone Carrie’s to Bijans 9.

Putting down Allgeier is not the way to go imo, he’s a very good player in his own right.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:52 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:43 pm Bijan has the 7th highest snap rate inside the red zone on the Falcons behind London/Pitts/Van Jefferson (!) / MyCole Pruitt (!) / Tyler Allgeier / Jonnu Smith.

Bijan has the second highest average per carry among those with at least 90 carries.

He has the second most missed tackles forced.

Yet…

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:06 am
Larry Fitzgerald is a real one.
:lol:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:51 pm

Allgeier gets more redzone and goal line work though which skews the stats sometimes. He has 25 redzone Carrie’s to Bijans 9.

Putting down Allgeier is not the way to go imo, he’s a very good player in his own right.
Agreed. Allgeier getting short yardage work is going to drag his averages down and make it look worse than it is. I think he’s a good player as well.

That said, I still think Bijan is underused. But it is what it is.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 pm

I didn't mean to put down Allgeier, though I certainly understand how that came across. I think Allgeier is a fine physical runner, but far from the level of talent necessary to form any sort of time share with someone like Bijan.

I think Allgeier would pair nicely with someone like James Cook / Rashaad White / Tony Pollard as a carries-eater.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:00 pm

I thought Allegeier was a very good back last year

As in he wasn't all that much worse than Kenneth Walker over his starting sample (both rookies)

This year however has been a major step back through pretty much all his peripheral and efficiency stats. There is no excuse for him to be playing as much as he has when you have a top 10 pick invested in replacing him

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:18 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 pm

I didn't mean to put down Allgeier, though I certainly understand how that came across. I think Allgeier is a fine physical runner, but far from the level of talent necessary to form any sort of time share with someone like Bijan.

I think Allgeier would pair nicely with someone like James Cook / Rashaad White / Tony Pollard as a carries-eater.
Yeah, I mean bijan is on a different level. He should be getting more work. As a fantasy manager, honestly I don’t mind it… yet. Would rather Bijan be kept fresh than ran into the ground, like zeke for example. And with the longer season, these rbbc’s are going to be the new norm, even for studs like bijan.

Allgeier has been worse this year, but hard to say exactly why that has been. He’s gotten a lot more redzone usage, which drags down the stats, but even his ypc on other areas of the field are down by a full yard. Idk.