Aaron Rodgers to the Jets

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers to the Jets

Postby Lumps » Fri May 05, 2023 7:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 pm
Lumps wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:35 pm Aaron going to Knicks games with Sauce and introducing him to Jessica Alba. Sure doesn't seem like Aaron has a problem with being around his teammates. Sauce is a legend already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwAIKH ... hEisenShow
He is?

Also, genuinely curious why it's a big deal that a QB is doing his job in the off season, especially when it's a new team and WR's. With the amount of money he's getting, and the hill they have to climb in the AFC, it's pretty obvious they need to be professionals. Not saying it's bad, just that it should be expected. It's not impressive that Rodgers is throwing with his WR's in May. It would raise eyebrows if he wasn't, but I don't know why anybody expected him to do anything but what he's doing. I never expected Rodgers to come in and coast. He's got a chance to win a title with the D he has, if he can pull out that MVP level game of his, he was at not too long ago.

Were there people saying he was checked out and would just do the bare minimum with the Jets or something? I don't watch much TV and am not on Twitter, so wondering if there were some talking heads talking smack about him, or something??
I'm guessing you didn't watch the video.

As for the rest, all you have to do is look at posts here and in the Garrett thread, and all over this board. Everyone said he wouldn't do anything with teammates and would just show up at camp. I, an ex Rodgers/Packers fan, said they are going to get a "slighted/ready to shove it in their faces" Rodgers who is going to put in the work. Here we are.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu May 25, 2023 6:34 am

With the Jets beginning organized team activities this week, ESPN reporter Dianna Russini spoke to several New York Jets players and coaches about what Rodgers has already brought to the team.

“Spoke to multiple Jets players & coaches about the impact of Aaron Rodgers:
*The standard has been raised
*The “little details” are significant to Rodgers
*Everyone is being held accountable in meetings and on the field
*Rodgers HAS A LOT OF SAY
*He’s ALL IN
*Trust is building,” Russini said on Twitter on Tuesday morning.
This coming from a Wisconsin based site: https://wisportsheroics.com/new-york-je ... n-rodgers/

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu May 25, 2023 12:43 pm

mild wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:50 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:29 am It’s not a big deal for a QB to be working with his receivers in May. It’s a big deal for Rodgers to be doing it. Rodgers was completely comfortable in that offense and didn’t feel that he needed to spend any more of his time at QB than he absolutely had to. He was what is being called a “quiet quitter”. Then he got pissed off and whined when his young receivers weren’t developing to his standards and weren’t in sync with him.
To be fair to Rodgers, the last time he skipped OTA's in 2022, he:

- was literally coming off his 2nd consecutive MVP season
- had just had his "mind melded" Pro Bowl WR traded away and replaced with very raw 2nd and 3rd round rookies
- had his longtime collaborator / friend / ally on the coaching staff leave for Denver, but also try to take him with him
- ... aaaaand I think he'd just taken a buttload of ayahuasca?!?

Like, I dunno man. Quiet quitter might be a bit harsh. He was obviously both in a strange place psychologically, and had been handed a bit of a sh-t sandwich by a FO that clearly wasn't that interested in going "all in" around him to try win titles in the twilight of his career.

I'm not surprised that he's immediately buying in for a Roster and Coaching staff that has actual Superbowl aspirations.
I mean I feel what you are saying but you don't get to just "peace out" on training camp etc and then throw a tantrum that the rookie didn't run the route in the precise way you think he should have. That is just an asinine way to behave, if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem and all he did was blame his WR's for doing it wrong all year.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 25, 2023 4:55 pm

Yarnith wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:43 pm I mean I feel what you are saying but you don't get to just "peace out" on training camp etc and then throw a tantrum that the rookie didn't run the route in the precise way you think he should have. That is just an asinine way to behave, if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem and all he did was blame his WR's for doing it wrong all year.
I mean, sure, you can read it that way, that's fine.

But counterpoint: if I've just won 2x back-to-back League MVP awards, what more do I need to show you that I'm worth going "all in" around to try and win a title? Why are you not taking my Superbowl aspirations seriously when I'm closer to retirement than ever, and literally playing some of my best football?

Trading away A-Rod's best receiving threat (and a big part of his MVP success) sends almost as strong a message in the opposite direction - at least to me.

When you add that to the historical list of grievances between the two sides, I feel like there's enough blame to go around. It was a toxic situation. Hindsight is beautiful thing - but I think we can all agree the Packers were late to move on from Rodgers by pretty much a full offseason (and they got far less in return as a result - they could have had the Denver package, possibly even a heavier version of it) when really, they had already begun moving on from him "in principle" for far longer (the first round of the 2020 draft, to be precise).

I'm not sure many Superstars would handle an extended 3 year breakup any better. That's before we even consider the particularly thin skin of our Ayhuasca-chugging king - and that should be part of your calculus as a FO when you choose to go the route they did. Feelings are going to be hurt - news at 11.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu May 25, 2023 5:25 pm

mild wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:55 pm
Yarnith wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:43 pm I mean I feel what you are saying but you don't get to just "peace out" on training camp etc and then throw a tantrum that the rookie didn't run the route in the precise way you think he should have. That is just an asinine way to behave, if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem and all he did was blame his WR's for doing it wrong all year.

But counterpoint: if I've just won 2x back-to-back League MVP awards, what more do I need to show you that I'm worth going "all in" around to try and win a title? Why are you not taking my Superbowl aspirations seriously when I'm closer to retirement than ever, and literally playing some of my best football?

Trading away A-Rod's best receiving threat (and a big part of his MVP success) sends almost as strong a message in the opposite direction - at least to me.

When you add that to the historical list of grievances between the two sides, I feel like there's enough blame to go around. It was a toxic situation. Hindsight is beautiful thing - but I think we can all agree the Packers were late to move on from Rodgers by pretty much a full offseason (and they got far less in return as a result - they could have had the Denver package, possibly even a heavier version of it) when really, they had already begun moving on from him "in principle" for far longer (the first round of the 2020 draft, to be precise).

I'm not sure many Superstars would handle an extended 3 year breakup any better. That's before we even consider the particularly thin skin of our Ayhuasca-chugging king - and that should be part of your calculus as a FO when you choose to go the route they did. Feelings are going to be hurt - news at 11.
It is always amazing to me how people look at the NFL and simply cannot relate it to their own jobs/lives. I recall coworkers complaining about the players when there almost was a strike. They just see how much they make and say, “pay me that much to play a game!” (As if they could…) But they can’t seem to see how the players are the “regular” employees fighting for scraps from the oligarchs making loads.

So let’s try to relate to Rodgers

You’ve won employee of the year a couple times. Your company has won company of the year. After this, you watch them get rid of some of your coworkers, who you considered family, and they tell you, “We need you to step it up more.” They then bring in unqualified coworkers. You’re still trying to be the super star.

Then, one year, they hire your replacement. You’re confused as they didn’t say a word to you about it. Not only did they hire your replacement, they don’t have money/just didn’t hire people to help you out with the extra load you have. You win employee of the year again the next year. Then, you did it again the year after that. The next year, they get rid of the only coworker you have left whom you have a strong bond with. Not just that, you’ve worked together for nearly a decade and know how to do it in unison. What does management do for you? Hire a college drop out to replace your beloved coworker, that they *think* could be a good employee a few years down the line. You’re say…3 years away from retirement. How do you feel?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:25 pm

It is always amazing to me how people look at the NFL and simply cannot relate it to their own jobs/lives. I recall coworkers complaining about the players when there almost was a strike. They just see how much they make and say, “pay me that much to play a game!” (As if they could…) But they can’t seem to see how the players are the “regular” employees fighting for scraps from the oligarchs making loads.

You’ve won employee of the year a couple times. Your company has won company of the year. After this, you watch them get rid of some of your coworkers, who you considered family, and they tell you, “We need you to step it up more.” They then bring in unqualified coworkers. You’re still trying to be the super star.

Then, one year, they hire your replacement. You’re confused as they didn’t say a word to you about it. Not only did they hire your replacement, they don’t have money/just didn’t hire people to help you out with the extra load you have. You win employee of the year again the next year. Then, you did it again the year after that. The next year, they get rid of the only coworker you have left whom you have a strong bond with. Not just that, you’ve worked together for nearly a decade and know how to do it in unison. What does management do for you? Hire a college drop out to replace your beloved coworker, that they *think* could be a good employee a few years down the line. You’re say…3 years away from retirement. How do you feel?
In your scenario what I do is not try to train anyone but then have a screaming fit at these new employees because I am pissed at my management. Then I go out and tell the business reporters our sales struggles are on poorly trained employees who cant do their jobs taking no credit at all for not doing a thing to help them succeed. At the end of this fiscal year I shrug because even though we all missed our bonus for poor collective performance I did my job so its on those guys.

This is how you would behave in your workplace? If I am that upset I quit, if I show up to work I do the best job I can and I don't dump on the innocent employee who had nothing to do with how management treated me because that is immature and asinine. How I feel is immaterial.

If it bugged him that much he should have demanded his trade when Love was drafted and not signed a big money extension later. I cannot even comprehend how its excusable because "his feelings were hurt". Sure they handle it like crap but its not a free pass to be a jerk.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:25 pm It is always amazing to me how people look at the NFL and simply cannot relate it to their own jobs/lives. I recall coworkers complaining about the players when there almost was a strike.
Ahhh right, you're one of those. No need for us to engage further here, then.

This might shock you: but there is almost nothing relatable about a Superstar QB playing at the highest level in the world as it pertains to you, Joe Blue-or-White Collar job-worker. One might even suggest: you're barely even the same species. You're on a fantasy message board (don't worry, I'm here too) and he's out there literally playing the game at the highest level - and at a very rare age, to boot.

You have about as much in common with Rodgers as you do with Lady Gaga. They are specimens. You are an internet commenter.

You are not the same.

If his job and it's contingent pressures and concerns are so relatable to you, then it's simple: go out and do it, then. :thumbup:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 4:52 am

Yarnith wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:46 pm
Lumps wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:25 pm

In your scenario what I do is not try to train anyone but then have a screaming fit at these new employees because I am pissed at my management. Then I go out and tell the business reporters our sales struggles are on poorly trained employees who cant do their jobs taking no credit at all for not doing a thing to help them succeed. At the end of this fiscal year I shrug because even though we all missed our bonus for poor collective performance I did my job so its on those guys.

This is how you would behave in your workplace? If I am that upset I quit, if I show up to work I do the best job I can and I don't dump on the innocent employee who had nothing to do with how management treated me because that is immature and asinine. How I feel is immaterial.

If it bugged him that much he should have demanded his trade when Love was drafted and not signed a big money extension later. I cannot even comprehend how its excusable because "his feelings were hurt". Sure they handle it like crap but its not a free pass to be a jerk.
But Wait....Many around here think it is always 100% owners fault for everything so that 50 Million in so called table scraps, Rodgers probably intended to share with the practice squad players, mean nothing and it doesn't matter at all what any player does or says because they are fighting the man in every way possible so in their mind they are not a jerk but a martyr for the hate owner club.

Exit Nirvana....Stage Left.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri May 26, 2023 7:25 am

Yeah, I forgot players are robots and not people with emotions - right or wrong, justified or not in your mind. My bad.

I also forgot that degrees, certifications, books written, classes, etc. on effective management and maintaining employees happiness don't exist. How the NFL is insulated and completely immune to mismanagement and failure to respond to issues, as exists literally everywhere else in our waking life. My bad again.

Also, I DO see how my analogous comparison of the employee/management relationship/dynamic means I think that I am a Hall of Fame, 4-time MVP, top 5 QB in the NFL. I really do believe that. Especially, as someone aptly said, I am an "internet commenter", which clearly is my job and relevant to this. I think, because I am an "internet commenter", I can play in the NFL. You're right.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:42 am

Wtf are you all even arguing about?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:42 am Wtf are you all even arguing about?
they're arguing about aaron rodgers going down to Lumps' workplace and telling the employees to rise, roar and revolt, the employers to suppress the uprising with either blood or 1st round picks, all while telling everyone who'd listen to him that his WRs are shite and that has nothing to do with him skipping OTAs... i think?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 8:03 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:42 am Wtf are you all even arguing about?
they're arguing about aaron rodgers going down to Lumps' workplace and telling the employees to rise, roar and revolt, the employers to suppress the uprising with either blood or 1st round picks, all while telling everyone who'd listen to him that his WRs are shite and that has nothing to do with him skipping OTAs... i think?
BWHAHAHAHA

That was a Hilarious and Lucid response.

Off to the golf course: Enjoy the weekend!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri May 26, 2023 8:26 am

Lumps wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:25 am Yeah, I forgot players are robots and not people with emotions - right or wrong, justified or not in your mind. My bad.

I also forgot that degrees, certifications, books written, classes, etc. on effective management and maintaining employees happiness don't exist. How the NFL is insulated and completely immune to mismanagement and failure to respond to issues, as exists literally everywhere else in our waking life. My bad again.

Also, I DO see how my analogous comparison of the employee/management relationship/dynamic means I think that I am a Hall of Fame, 4-time MVP, top 5 QB in the NFL. I really do believe that. Especially, as someone aptly said, I am an "internet commenter", which clearly is my job and relevant to this. I think, because I am an "internet commenter", I can play in the NFL. You're right.
I bet Aaron is an internet commenter

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:49 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:26 am
Lumps wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:25 am Yeah, I forgot players are robots and not people with emotions - right or wrong, justified or not in your mind. My bad.

I bet Aaron is an internet commenter
Actually he does go on internet podcasts and comments on many things. So you win your bet 👍

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Fri May 26, 2023 11:39 am

Is Aaron in the room with us right now? :think:
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.