Kayshon Boutte, WR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Kayshon Boutte, WR

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:15 am

I've heard some wide variations in assessing Boutte. One pod put him outside their top 10 WR, another in their top 5. The main concerns I've heard were regarding his ankle injury, his poor 2022 compared to the previous year, and rumors of unique parties.

Boutte is one of the guys I'm real curious where he lands. He could end up being one of the steals in dynasty drafts.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Kayshon Boutte, WR

Postby Ice » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:14 am

Has talent but he will probably slip big time in the draft. He didn't seem to ever gel with his coach, planned on returning, then abruptly declared. Not sure he handles adversity/pressure very well. That is a Red Flag for me so I will probably avoid unless he falls late in rookie drafts.

You're right he could be a steal but there is a lot of risk. He is going to need to interview really well and show maturity and the desire to excel to get drafted in the top 3 rounds.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:13 am

If he goes in the first 2 rounds I could see myself considering him with my 1.06 but more likely I’d probably grab him with my 1.10/1.11 if he’s still there.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:22 am

Absolutely one of three guys I’ve got targeted right now with my 1.10 pick. That could change but I doubt it

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:22 am

The reports of gelling issues with the coaching staff kicked in with the new staff, along with those unique parties involving at least one member of said staff. This description reminds me too much of Denver/Jville-
Boutte, one of the most talented wide receivers in the nation, finished the night with two receptions for 20 yards. He didn’t catch his first pass until late in the fourth quarter.

Typically, a team wants to find a way to get their best playmaker the ball as often as possible. LSU, however, failed to do that with Boutte. Again, that falls on coaching.

It’s hard to imagine a worse start to the Brian Kelly era than what we saw on Sunday night.

Maybe things will get better. Kelly has certainly managed to find his way out of tough situations at Notre Dame before. But I still think there’s plenty of reason for concern for LSU fans.

For the most part, I think when a coach shows red flags early, they shouldn’t be ignored. When a coach shows you who he is, it shouldn’t be ignored.

Kelly’s had numerous missteps since arriving in Baton Rouge. It might not be time for LSU fans to panic, but it might not be long before that time arrives.
Boutte finished 2022 in his one year with Kelly-
-barely beating his freshman reception count despite playing an extra game
-barely beating his sophomore receiving yardage total despite 5 more games
-set college career lows in yards/reception and receiving TDs

Boutte's questions about play, maturity and locker room coincided with the new coaching staff that has its own competence and off field questions. One hopes those parties have nothing to do with Kelly filing for divorce from his 28 year marriage.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:25 am

He's got the talent, but smart thing to do is let NFL draft capital determine who to draft over him. If Downs/Flowers/Hyatt/anybody gets 1st round DC and Boutte goes mid 2nd or worse then it's a no brainer. Always take the 1st round WR over value talent that falls.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:24 am

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:25 am He's got the talent, but smart thing to do is let NFL draft capital determine who to draft over him. If Downs/Flowers/Hyatt/anybody gets 1st round DC and Boutte goes mid 2nd or worse then it's a no brainer. Always take the 1st round WR over value talent that falls.
For the most part I agree but I will add the caveat that it also depends on player profiles. A guy like Hyatt will get boosted draft capital for speed/deep ability as that helps NFL offenses but doesn't matter for fantasy. But if an undersized, route runner like downs gets it it means a whole lot more. Saying that boutte is one of a buncha guys in contention for wr 4 for me but probably winds up wr5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:34 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:24 am
halfbaked88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:25 am He's got the talent, but smart thing to do is let NFL draft capital determine who to draft over him. If Downs/Flowers/Hyatt/anybody gets 1st round DC and Boutte goes mid 2nd or worse then it's a no brainer. Always take the 1st round WR over value talent that falls.
For the most part I agree but I will add the caveat that it also depends on player profiles. A guy like Hyatt will get boosted draft capital for speed/deep ability as that helps NFL offenses but doesn't matter for fantasy. But if an undersized, route runner like downs gets it it means a whole lot more. Saying that boutte is one of a buncha guys in contention for wr 4 for me but probably winds up wr5
I’m skeptical of Hyatt, but I like Downs. I’ve just recently started looking into Zay Flowers. He looks really good.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am

That’ll get you guys like Sankey, Ruggs and Ross on your roster.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:02 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am
Sankey? What does a 2nd round running back have to do with those wrs?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Very similar case to George Pickens. Both have the coveted freshman breakout in the SEC after being elite receiver recruits. Both are very talented. Boutte has a different game though as a YAC threat who kills in the slot. Boutte was on pace to smash those freshman numbers before the ankle injury as a sophomore and then had a weird year with Brian Kelly this year, which was a mixture of his fault and adjusting to a new staff.

If he gets similar draft pedigree as Pickens, I would be a buyer still.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:14 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:02 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am
Sankey? What does a 2nd round running back have to do with those wrs?
So draft capital only applies to WRs for you?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Brian Kelly is not a coach I put any stock in when a player doesn't gel. He is a joke. Boutte is going to be high risk/reward, but I love his upside
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:39 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:27 pm Brian Kelly is not a coach I put any stock in when a player doesn't gel. He is a joke. Boutte is going to be high risk/reward, but I love his upside
I think that’s a credible line of thinking. I certainly am not a Brian Kelly fan either and feel that he is vastly overrated as a HC.

I also see Boutte as a high risk/high reward guy, but he’s one of the few in this draft who between physical attributes and apparent skills and talent has the potential to be an alpha WR. The downside is real though if the past year was not an anomaly.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:00 pm Very similar case to George Pickens. Both have the coveted freshman breakout in the SEC after being elite receiver recruits. Both are very talented. Boutte has a different game though as a YAC threat who kills in the slot. Boutte was on pace to smash those freshman numbers before the ankle injury as a sophomore and then had a weird year with Brian Kelly this year, which was a mixture of his fault and adjusting to a new staff.

If he gets similar draft pedigree as Pickens, I would be a buyer still.
Pickens has a vastly better Catch Radius IMO

I agree they are very different player types.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts