2023 NFL Draft - Bears Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

2023 NFL Draft - Bears Edition

Postby McCafsteez » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:51 am

The Chicago Bears have a huge opportunity, holding the number one pick. Obviously the best thing they can do here is trade back and hope to pick up more assets. This gives them a big opportunity to land some offensive weapons either in trades or by trading back receiving more first or second round picks to draft WRs, TEs, or even RBs. Which direction do you think they will go in and how would it affect the outlook of any bears players for fantasy purposes moving forward?
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2023 NFL Draft - Bears Edition

Postby Tvols » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:13 am

The bears have really no talent, best move trade back and continue trying get good players. this is a multiyear rebuild no short term fix. They need O-line and D-line help first then fill in skill positions.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:50 am

I could see an argument for moving back maybe to pick 4 at the most but I would sit tight and take Jalen Carter from Georgia.

If they move, @ 4 they could get Will Anderson Jr out of Alabama and even though he is a solid blue chip quality player he is a pretty big drop off from Carter.

Carter is a monster and as near of a can't miss prospect that has entered the draft in close to a decade. He is exactly the kind of player a defense builds around. Very risky passing the best player in the draft with zero issues in my opinion. He is lock day 1 starter with 10 years as an anchor player barring injury.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:48 pm

Funnily enough, Kollman did a 30 minute video on this exact subject. "The Ultimate Bears Rebuild". If you're a Bears fan asking this kind of question, it's a must watch:

https://youtu.be/OTT6Iaht9eg

His Bears rebuild is better than anything I could come up with here, even if he's taking a few liberties on the contract numbers/trade comps. It also serves as a nice primer for some of the prospects Kollman is eyeing in this draft at value across the board. (ie. I love Zay Flowers now)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:51 am

mild wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:48 pm Funnily enough, Kollman did a 30 minute video on this exact subject. "The Ultimate Bears Rebuild". If you're a Bears fan asking this kind of question, it's a must watch:

His Bears rebuild is better than anything I could come up with here, even if he's taking a few liberties on the contract numbers/trade comps. It also serves as a nice primer for some of the prospects Kollman is eyeing in this draft at value across the board. (ie. I love Zay Flowers now)
Odd that Kollmann would think Payne would be gettable at 4/72 w 17 guaranteed but Hargrove would fetch 4/80 w 20 guaranteed. Why would the young elite player get less total and less guaranteed, especially with him acknowledging that Hargrove could be cuttable (based on his play) in two years? And that ignores whether Payne even gets to the FA market and Washington doesn't tag him.

The idea of trading for Tunsil is interesting, but struck me as odd to recognize that they'll have to sign him to an extension and then propose trading a first for him, especially with the idea it could be a top 5 pick. Seems a high price for a soon to be FA, even with the positional value hike.

That was one of the more favorable overviews I've heard on Xavier Hutchinson. On Tyjae Spears, that's a wide range on NFL draft slotting, nevermind the comp.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:47 am

mild wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:48 pm Funnily enough, Kollman did a 30 minute video on this exact subject. "The Ultimate Bears Rebuild". If you're a Bears fan asking this kind of question, it's a must watch:

Just watched it and was incredibly impressed. If the Bears can accomplish even half of that in FA I think they can be very successful on both sides of the ball. My only qualm is the over extension of D-Line & WRs in the draft. If the goal is to get Fields some weapons, why not try and work out a draft day trade to bring in a vet WR? Hopkins is probably obtainable for a 3rd, & Adams for a little bit more. Overall, I think this is the last offseason Fields will be obtainable before he elevates to top 5 QB in SF.

What are your thoughts on Zay Flowers? He seems to be climbing the board quickly.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:47 am

If the Bears can get to 1.4 and get the player they'd take at 1.1 while getting a bonus 1st and then some, Chicago fans should donate to the charity of Lovie Smith's choice. He did them a solid.

With all that cap space and potential to build something great. I do worry because they traded Roquan for only a late 2nd and gave away an early 2nd (2.1 to be exact) to the Steelers for Claypool. I guess the jury is still out on Claypool though.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:46 am

NWABCS wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:47 am If the Bears can get to 1.4 and get the player they'd take at 1.1 while getting a bonus 1st and then some, Chicago fans should donate to the charity of Lovie Smith's choice. He did them a solid.

With all that cap space and potential to build something great. I do worry because they traded Roquan for only a late 2nd and gave away an early 2nd (2.1 to be exact) to the Steelers for Claypool. I guess the jury is still out on Claypool though.
As a big Bears fan and Chicago native, I am a firm believer that the Claypool trade was a massive mistake. This draft class seems very strong through three rounds and the 2.01 would be a very talented prospect. It really all depends on Claypool & Fields coming along together in the off-season. Hope Claypool surprises me!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:05 am

Awesome thread. I don't think the Claypool trade is a mistake at all. Now, if I knew it'd be the 2.01? Maybe not. But the elite WRs will be gone by this pick anyway (JSN/Addison/Johnston). I'm going to go watch that video, but I think we'll either:

1. Trade down to #2 and then down to #4 and take Anderson/Carter there.
2. Trade WAY down, either many trades or one big move.

We need multiple players and multiple picks. We need a new DL, probably a G/C/T, and a WR1. That's A LOT. FA should address some. I'm actually really excited to see what we do in the off-season, in FA and draft. We are going to be dramatically improved next year. I think in the 6-9 win range.

As for FF—Fields will continue to be a solid QB1, his legs making a difference. I think Mooney, no matter who we add, will still be a solid WR2. Claypool should creep up into that WR2 conversation as well. Kmet? Man, no idea. He's been a disappointment but has the raw skills. He got more aggressive this year. Holding my Kmet stock. Monty could stay or go. IDK. Herbert COULD benefit the most. In fantasy there aren't many pieces worth holding here.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:00 pm

I know in fantasy we tend to skew value to the offense side of the ball but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Carter and Anderson go 1 and 2 in this draft.

I could see Stroud going top 2 due to his creativity to create plays but the QB's class are not in the class of a Lawrence type that was a lock #1 pick. These QB's have more risk than some.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:46 am
NWABCS wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:47 am If the Bears can get to 1.4 and get the player they'd take at 1.1 while getting a bonus 1st and then some, Chicago fans should donate to the charity of Lovie Smith's choice. He did them a solid.

As a big Bears fan and Chicago native, I am a firm believer that the Claypool trade was a massive mistake. This draft class seems very strong through three rounds and the 2.01 would be a very talented prospect. It really all depends on Claypool & Fields coming along together in the off-season. Hope Claypool surprises me!
As a Steelers fan, I was glad to see him gone for the 32nd overall pick. Claypool has ability but the dude is constantly in the air and falling to the ground. Not sure if there is a stat for it but he'd be the leader in that category.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Ice wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:00 pm I know in fantasy we tend to skew value to the offense side of the ball but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Carter and Anderson go 1 and 2 in this draft.

I could see Stroud going top 2 due to his creativity to create plays but the QB's class are not in the class of a Lawrence type that was a lock #1 pick. These QB's have more risk than some.
Yup especially if a lot of these teams don't necessarily have a locked in.l preference of the rookie QBs. For Instance Hou could feasibly wait to 12 or move up from 12 to 7 or 8. And ind could just wait and take there 1/2/3 QB at 4

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:18 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:29 pm I'll throw this here- saw a few suggestions that Tampa could go into sell/rebuild mode if Brady retired. They're now 55mil over the cap and may need to be aggressive with restructures/cuts/trades. Pre June 1, trading Godwin would clear 8.8 mil in cap space, Evans 2.3. Post June 1, a Godwin trade would clear 20mil, Evans 14.5.
If Evans joins Hopkins and Cooks as WR trade options, Chicago would have great options to address its WR1 need. It may hinge on the returns for trading down from 1.1, though. If Tampa really focuses the Brady retirement cap hit on this year, rather than spreading it into next year, they will have to do alot of work to clear cap, potentially making Evans more easily available.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... ason-gifts
If the Bucs choose not to go the patch-and-play route, they could opt for a medium or full-scale rebuild. Tampa choosing that path could potentially open the door for the Bears to make a run at the No. 1 wide receiver they desperately need in Mike Evans. At 29, Evans still is at the peak of his powers and would give the Bears the downfield, jump-ball threat they need to help quarterback Justin Fields take the next step.

The Bears traded their second-round pick for Chase Claypool but should have several draft assets coming in once the expected trade down from the No. 1 spot is executed. Suppose the price for Evans is a second-round pick or a future first. In that case, I’d expect the Bears to be very interested in making a run at adding a go-to receiver who can allow Claypool and Darnell Mooney to operate in roles they are more suited to handle

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:50 am

Peter King on Higgins or Hopkins trade, and Chicago- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgdfJM9mNY. His Higgins points are things discussed on this forum, but good to hear it corroborated by such a source.

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:27 am

I think the trade packages the bears would get that are proposed all over the internet are way exaggerated. I don't think this QB class is strong enough to command the prices I read all the time the Colts or Texans have to pay.

While discussion is often focused around the draft picks etc, I think one major addition would be a veteran WR for fields. Higgins and Hopkings are great candidates, but I'd also keep an eye on players like Keenan Allen who might be cut.