Is There a Fantasy Site that Will Do This Scoring?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Payton34
Captain
Captain

Is There a Fantasy Site that Will Do This Scoring?

Postby Payton34 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am

I would like to find a fantasy football website where the scoring can be customized to where IDP scoring subtracts from the opponent, rather than adds to your own team?

I get that in the end the points are the same, but I like the more realistic aspect of doing it this way and getting scores that are more like 41-17 than 114.6 - 109.8...
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is There a Fantasy Site that Will Do This Scoring?

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:53 am

I dont know for sure, but if there was i'd have to imagine it'd be MFL. Ik the scoring is very customizable there. Not sure if they support that specifically though.

Cool idea though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:03 am

mfl does not. We wanted to set our league up 22 yrs ago to do this and have scores that are more like NFL scores. I’ve asked every year since for this feature with no luck.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am

Payton34 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am I would like to find a fantasy football website where the scoring can be customized to where IDP scoring subtracts from the opponent, rather than adds to your own team?

I get that in the end the points are the same, but I like the more realistic aspect of doing it this way and getting scores that are more like 41-17 than 114.6 - 109.8...
I also want alternative methods to scoring that doesn't result in scores of 175-132. In one league, I merely reduced all scoring. The pattern and ratios can remain the same, but the points awarded are less.

Regular leagues often have basically .1pt for 1yd, or 1pt per reception. That can easily be changed to .025 per 1yd, and .25 per reception. Instead of TDs being 6points, make TDs award 2.5pts, or 2pts.

If your league software allows you to set up scoring like this: 1point for every 10 yards, you can change that to .25points for every 10 yards.

That's an easy fix for the ridiculously high scores. All the ratios can remain the same. It just results in more "realistic" fantasy game scores. If your fantasy league's scores are three times NFL averages, just divide your points awarded by 3 to get fantasy scoring closer to NFL norms.

PS: I do like your idea. I just don't know of a software that allows its implementation.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:05 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am
Payton34 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am I would like to find a fantasy football website where the scoring can be customized to where IDP scoring subtracts from the opponent, rather than adds to your own team?

I also want alternative methods to scoring that doesn't result in scores of 175-132. In one league, I merely reduced all scoring. The pattern and ratios can remain the same, but the points awarded are less.

Regular leagues often have basically .1pt for 1yd, or 1pt per reception. That can easily be changed to .025 per 1yd, and .25 per reception. Instead of TDs being 6points, make TDs award 2.5pts, or 2pts.

If your league software allows you to set up scoring like this: 1point for every 10 yards, you can change that to .25points for every 10 yards.

That's an easy fix for the ridiculously high scores. All the ratios can remain the same. It just results in more "realistic" fantasy game scores. If your fantasy league's scores are three times NFL averages, just divide your points awarded by 3 to get fantasy scoring closer to NFL norms.

PS: I do like your idea. I just don't know of a software that allows its implementation.
Appreciate the suggestion. My thoughts are really two-fold though. Yes, I like the idea of scoring being a bit lower and more "realistic", but also the concept that it is the opposing defense that actively results in lowering the score. Back in the old "Pen and Paper" days, we had a system for it that worked really well, but wasn't sure if there was a site that could do something along those lines.

QBs - P Mahomes,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:55 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:03 am mfl does not. We wanted to set our league up 22 yrs ago to do this and have scores that are more like NFL scores. I’ve asked every year since for this feature with no luck.
ik MFL supports custom scripts for the artwork and site layout, not sure if they do for scoring but if they did that would be an option as well. Dont think that'd be too hard to program
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 am

It would be awesome to hand someone a negative score when your IDPs outscore their offensive players.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:01 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 am It would be awesome to hand someone a negative score when your IDPs outscore their offensive players.
Winning a game -20 to -40 if both teams have bad offense and a strong D.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:30 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 am It would be awesome to hand someone a negative score when your IDPs outscore their offensive players.
We just called that a shutout. Didn’t allow below 0

QBs - P Mahomes,
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets