And then there’s this twist on the SB matchup

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: And then there’s this twist on the SB matchup

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:08 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:53 am
Ice wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:52 amI actually feel sorry for you and could careless what race you are. It is becoming obvious to all that you look at life as a sad victim.
To ask that bigoted comments not be made is not a claim of victimhood.
Your Hate Game isn't working but do continue to spew your fake rage against any that don't view life through your negative prism.

BTW, being a small minded idiot isn't a race thing.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:19 am

Ice wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:08 amBTW, being a small minded idiot isn't a race thing.
Calling African-Americans small minded idiots because they're proud that two African-American QBs are in the SB for the first time sounds completely bigoted.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:35 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:19 am
Ice wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:08 amBTW, being a small minded idiot isn't a race thing.
Calling African-Americans small minded idiots because they're proud that two African-American QBs are in the SB for the first time sounds completely bigoted.
Good Lord: You are an idiot.

I was having a light hearted discussion with a single person and even laughing because he called my kick wide right because I was proud of Doug Williams....35 years ago yesterday

Reality Check: My point was it is now common place for Black QB's to be in the SB. 4 have already won it and many more will and that is a good thing in the age of enlightenment.

I didn't call an entire race of people Idiots. The actual penalty name directed at a single person not even in a serious way was "Small things amuse small minds" which is something I have been telling my kids for years.

Please tell us all you're not so dense that you actually believe the crap you are spewing and conflating a comment not even directed at you as some rage against an entire race of people.

Wow dude; Your Tin Foil hat is in serious need of an adjustment.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:43 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:31 pm
Was going to say the same as CG ... If you are wanting to make this THEE issue of the game then YOU have an agenda.
If you cant let it go as just an observance of fact & a source of pride for the black community that's on you. Sure plenty of people who have an issue with race relations will use it for their own purposes. Try to be better than that on both sides.

We're not requiring you to focus on this fact if it's not relevant for you. We're not mandating CRITICAL QUATERBACK THEORY classes for you.
Just for transparency, here's the AP News Super Bowl section that features the "lead story" that's been referenced a few times in this thread.

https://apnews.com/hub/super-bowl

Spot the "lead story."

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:45 am

You can't have it both ways, Ice. You can't keep building on offensive comments, then decide it was all in good fun. Here's an identifier as to your true feelings, your take on things.
Ice wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:12 pmSerious Answer:
Comedy is lost in the world of woke and it will gaslight offend many just like this comment as people try to dissect and fit the meaning into their narrative.
When "woke" is used as a pejorative, it is a clear sign of how the speaker feels about African-Americans, and all the other stuff. This isn't the first time you or others have gone down this road. Again, the initiation of this thread was a complaint about why a reporter would want to acknowledge the accomplishments of two Black men. Then others, including yourself, piled on to agree the article was laughable, unnecessary, or whatever.

Again, it's no surprise that someone who ridiculed the article might use "woke" in a pejorative manner. It all fits.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:54 am

I think it'd be best to go ahead and closed down this thread. The usual abrasive, nasty individuals are being abrasive and nasty, and it's not been dynasty ff related at all.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:56 am

I read through and he patently did not say that. You’re way out of line peddling your racist narratives here.

I understand you are not happy that there are people here that are not constitutionally obsessed with the color of people’s skin. That doesn’t make it okay for you to push your racist ideals on the whole board.

There is only so much I can do to get you to stop posting so aggressively and divisively about race here other than to point out your behavior and to beg you to stop. Maybe there are a few other avenues but for now I’ll stick to begging: please stop!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:00 am

dondickenson wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:56 am
I read through and he patently did not say that. You’re way out of line peddling your racist narratives here.

I understand you are not happy that there are people here that are not constitutionally obsessed with the color of people’s skin. That doesn’t make it okay for you to push your racist ideals on the whole board.

There is only so much I can do to get you to stop posting so aggressively and divisively about race here other than to point out your behavior and to beg you to stop. Maybe there are a few other avenues but for now I’ll stick to begging: please stop!
Thank you.

Never easy defending when others put words in your mouth.

I am done with this thread.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:54 am I think it'd be best to go ahead and closed down this thread. The usual abrasive, nasty individuals are being abrasive and nasty, and it's not been dynasty ff related at all.
I agree. Shut the whole thing down and have zero tolerance ban on the topic. If you’re obsessed with the color of people’s skin and discussing and judging men by the color of their skin then this is not the place for you.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:13 am

Thread: Hey, does anyone identify or empathize with celebrating the accomplishments of black athletes from marginalized communities?

"Hey, and yes we do and here's why."

Thread: Well maybe you should get out of here and stop discussing it. Stick to sports or get banned.

?

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:13 am Thread: Hey, does anyone identify or empathize with celebrating the accomplishments of black athletes from marginalized communities?

Thread: Well maybe you should get out of here and stop discussing it. Stick to sports or get banned.

?
And anyone that had a different viewpoint on the importance of this story was attacked as racist ... please shut this thread down.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:30 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:13 am Thread: Hey, does anyone identify or empathize with celebrating the accomplishments of black athletes from marginalized communities?

?
And anyone that had a different viewpoint on the importance of this story was attacked as racist ... please shut this thread down.
There's a difference between a different viewpoint and being flat out ignorant about the topic. The thread wasn't productive because of the latter. DD accurately explained why people do and was immediately shot down for it.

The OP asked this:

I guess I don’t look at any players through a racial spectrum and was curious if anyone else does or knows someone who does?

So, why did people who don't like discussing race and don't know anyone who identifies with these stories build the biggest presence in the thread?

People know the answer to that question, and I'll leave it at that.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:17 am

I yearn for the days hopefully ahead where stories like this aren't necessary or noteworthy, and that we as a society view, judge, and accept people solely on their own merits and accomplishments and not by any aspect of their appearance, relationship preferences, or identity.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:01 am

JJRules wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:17 am I yearn for the days hopefully ahead where stories like this aren't necessary or noteworthy, and that we as a society view, judge, and accept people solely on their own merits and accomplishments and not by any aspect of their appearance, relationship preferences, or identity.
A world with no bigotry? That would be nice. I'm an author, as many know, and a guy just blew up his career protesting a lack of SWM on the Lifetime Achievement Ballot, saying that the people of color getting recognition were the agenda of woke members. He then went on to spout racists, sexist, homophobic, transphobic BS and just ended his career. And he was a big name (Tom Monteleone) in horror. He's now been removed from various organizations.

Yes, someday it would be nice if this world was all inclusive but we're not there yet. It's a great moment in Black history for these guys, and a great moment for the NFL in general.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:14 am

?
Yep. That's the way it always is.

Various race-themed negative comments can flow at will with no problems or requests to close the thread, or reminders to "remain on topic". As soon as someone objects to the race-based negative comments, those that initiated the race-themed conversation up the vitriol. Those that object to race-based negative comments respond. Then all of a sudden, having race-based discussions becomes a problem. Not because of the initial race-themed negative comments. But because someone(s) had the temerity to call it (the race-themed negative comments) for what it was in the first place.

I hope that's not the case here.

It's a joke that those that initiated and propelled this conversation now ask to have it closed. I guess it gets harder to pretend it's all innocent fun when the light shines on you.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser