Barkley Landing Spot?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Barkley Landing Spot?

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Are folks expecting Barkley to return to NYG? Any concerns he might hold out if franchised?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Barkley Landing Spot?

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:46 pm

I've heard Chicago tossed around, but I don't see it. He's ONLY 25.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:54 pm

I saw a pipedream of Kansas City. I laughed and cried.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:01 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:54 pm I saw a pipedream of Kansas City. I laughed and cried.
That is too good to be true.

No contending team really has the cap space to make this happen. It would have to be a team too stupid to make a good move. I'd start with Atlanta, the Jets or Houston.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

IWantToDieNasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby IWantToDieNasty » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:17 pm

Could see Vegas if they don't bring Jacobs back. A Carr trade would leave them with lots of cap space, and if they go with a rookie or less expensive option Saquon could make plenty of sense there
12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR start 1 QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/5FLX

QB: Lamar, Cousins
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Kyren, Montgomery, Z Moss, G Edwards, Allgeier
WR: Davante, Aiyuk, Devonta, Rashee, C Kirk, Mims, E Moore
TE: Laporta, Hockenson, Waller, Taysom

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:20 pm

My guess as a G-men fan:

They'll make a big show of trying to negotiate (reportedly they "weren't close" when the Giants offered 12m a year in-season)

And then they'll tag him for 10m.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:49 pm

They may need the tag for Jones though, as he's in a weird spot where you don't really want to lock him up for a long time on big money, but you can't just let him walk either.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:52 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:49 pm They may need the tag for Jones though, as he's in a weird spot where you don't really want to lock him up for a long time on big money, but you can't just let him walk either.
I think they actually would consider letting him walk. If there's a huge market for him, then that's ok - we'll just roll with Tyrod, or whoever we can find for cheap - and it likely won't be -that- much different.

If you see the way they called games for Dimes all year... I'm confident Daboll could get relatively close to replicating that with Tyrod. It's a trainer wheel offense. If anything, Barkley was the straw that stirred the drink - all their best passing plays were leveraged off of getting the defense to go with him.

The main thing that makes me think the tag is coming for Saquon is the relative price:
10 million for 1 year of Saquon, or...
35 million for 1 year of Danny Dimes.

I know which one I'd pick.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:10 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:52 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:49 pm They may need the tag for Jones though, as he's in a weird spot where you don't really want to lock him up for a long time on big money, but you can't just let him walk either.
I think they actually would consider letting him walk. If there's a huge market for him, then that's ok - we'll just roll with Tyrod, or whoever we can find for cheap - and it likely won't be -that- much different.

If you see the way they called games for Dimes all year... I'm confident Daboll could get relatively close to replicating that with Tyrod. It's a trainer wheel offense. If anything, Barkley was the straw that stirred the drink - all their best passing plays were leveraged off of getting the defense to go with him.

The main thing that makes me think the tag is coming for Saquon is the relative price:

Yes but it’s not just the 10 vs 35. It’s the 10 plus whatever the qb replacement costs, or the 35 plus whatever the rb replacement costs.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:18 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:10 pm Yes but it’s not just the 10 vs 35. It’s the 10 plus whatever the qb replacement costs, or the 35 plus whatever the rb replacement costs.
Tyrod is already under contract for 2024 for 5 million. He has extensive experience with Daboll's scheme.

As a worst case scenario, I think they're fine rolling with him. Locking that contract in a year ahead of DJ's FA speaks to that contingency imo.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:37 am

That makes good sense for team management. Except I don't trust Tyrod to be healthy and play well all season. But who knows, maybe Tyrod has a Geno season in him. He might surprise us all.

Another fun (well, for non-Giants fans) off season situation to watch. It will be interesting to see it unfold.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:37 am That makes good sense for team management. Except I don't trust Tyrod to be healthy and play well all season. But who knows, maybe Tyrod has a Geno season in him. He might surprise us all.
It doesn't even really matter. The long term QB of the future probably isn't on the roster.

Until we evaluate and find that dude, I'm ok with them accumulating talent across the roster and getting the cap sheet in order. It's always better for a young QB to step into a team that has talent, when at all possible - see rookie Herbert, Jalen Hurts and that OL, and so on.

Definitely interested to see the direction they take, though.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:22 am

Right back to the G-Men.
It will be a back and forth battle for him to secure the money he is seeking.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:26 am

They aren't letting Jones walk

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:37 am

Thanks for all the replies.

Doesn't sound like folks are too worried about a hold out - that would see like the only *likely* way his fantasy value goes down. If he leave the Giants, no one is paying him to be in a 50/50 timeshare.

If he stays with the Giants, I'd kind of like them to lessen his workload a bit. He got over 25 touches per game in his first 9 games and averaged 18.5 PPG, then for the remainder of the season (thru wk17) it was 17.8 touches and 15 PPG. My take is he was worn down a bit by that early season workload. I'd rather he got ~20 touches (15/5) and was a bit more rested down the stretch.