2023 Rookie QB rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

2023 Rookie QB rankings

Postby ThunderTung » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:29 am

Biggest hole on my team is by far QB. with a single late 1st in this upcoming draft (1.12) i'm pretty much set on taking one there assuming I dont make a trade for an existing stud.

Admittedly I dont follow college ball all that much throughout the season, and haven't done a ton of work on this years class. Im curious what everyone's thoughts are though. Just based on what I have seen Im pretty much here right now.

1) CJ Stroud - Love him, ball rips out of his hands. favorite at this point
2) Bryce Young - See the talent, dont know if I believe in the future NFL success
3) Will Levis - Josh allen type tangibles, will probably take a few years to reach his ceiling (whatever that is)
4) Anthony Richardson - uber athlete, for sure highest fantasy ceiling. Concerned he just wont have a job long enough.

where is everyone at, at this point? obviously NFL success will play into the longevity of their career, but curious who this board's favorite fantasy QB is right now.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Rookie QB rankings

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 am

Bryce young is my favourite right now and likely will stay there unless something weird happens in the draft. Saying that draft capital and landing spot like always will be the big determiner for me as these are by far the two highest correlators to long term NFL staying power at qb

claypigeon49
Rookie
Rookie

Postby claypigeon49 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:39 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:29 am Biggest hole on my team is by far QB. with a single late 1st in this upcoming draft (1.12) i'm pretty much set on taking one there assuming I dont make a trade for an existing stud.
In SF, I wouldn’t hold your breath that 1 of the top 4 make it to your pick at 1.12. If Young, Stroud, and Levis all go top 3-6 and Richardson gets top 15 capital - all of which seems possible if not realistic at the moment - I could see them all going in the first 8-10 picks along with Bijan, Gibbs, and 1-3 WR. Obviously a lot of process to go, just what I’ve been seeing in recent mocks.

In 1QB, ignore all of this.
12 team SF, 30-man rosters plus taxi and IR

QB: Mahomes, Allen, Stroud, Heinicke, Stidham, Trubitsky, Rush, McCoy
RB: Taylor, Etienne, Gibbs, Charbonnet, Hines, Hubbard, Warren, Hasty, Trayvon Williams
WR: G Wilson, Higgins, Adams, Cooper, D Johnson, J Williams, Tolbert, Gage, Patrick, Gray
TE: Goedert, Likely

No ‘24 picks

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:46 pm

If 1QB like it looks, draft BPA and trade for QB.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:49 pm

I dont agree with deciding what position you are gonna take now. Draft BPA. Also as others have said in SF I doubt any of those 4 will be there at 1.12. Most mocks I've seen have young and Stroud going top 4 and Levis and Richardson going somewhere between 1.05-1.10

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm

Just to clarify to everyone, my league is not SF.

And while I agree that BPA is usually the best course of action when drafting, QB is by far my weakest position atm. This is not to say im gonna go reach for someone if for whatever reason everyone else is gone.

When im prepping for drafts, I look at who i'd take if the draft was now, and right now if one of the top QB's is available, he'd for sure be my pick outside of one of my guys dropping, that I think would hold more value.

all of that to say, im just asking for opinions on the state of the QB class at this point, not what I should do in terms of addressing the glaring hole on my team
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm Just to clarify to everyone, my league is not SF.

And while I agree that BPA is usually the best course of action when drafting, QB is by far my weakest position atm. This is not to say im gonna go reach for someone if for whatever reason everyone else is gone.

When im prepping for drafts, I look at who i'd take if the draft was now, and right now if one of the top QB's is available, he'd for sure be my pick outside of one of my guys dropping, that I think would hold more value.

all of that to say, im just asking for opinions on the state of the QB class at this point, not what I should do in terms of addressing the glaring hole on my team
1.12 is a perfect spot to take a QB this year. Bryce and Stroud most likey both available in 1QB with so much potential positional(WR,RB) talent. Cant see teams wanting to pass on a chance at these late1st early 2nd round guys for a QB. Im taking Young in 1QB around Downs, Boutte, Mayer. Wouldnt look down on anyone taking him before these 3. And if you have the 2.12, I think its better than 50/50 Richardson will be there as well.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 am

ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm Just to clarify to everyone, my league is not SF.

I’m in the same boat…1 QB and my QB group is so up in the air…legit could not have a starting QB week 1. I have picks 1, 2, and 9 and thinking I may draft QB 9 but there could be better players available. I likely have my choice between Young or Stroud. If I elect another WR or RB my next pick isn’t until like 20-22 I think…at best it would be Levi’s or Richardson and I don’t love their NFL prospects at all. Tough spot
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:36 pm

You should be able to get ONE QB at 12, not sure how. The elite RBs/WRs will probably be gone. I'd take a flier on Levis/Richardson there assuming Young/Stroud are gone. Unless you love Mayer.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 am Bryce young is my favourite right now and likely will stay there unless something weird happens in the draft. Saying that draft capital and landing spot like always will be the big determiner for me as these are by far the two highest correlators to long term NFL staying power at qb
Yep. He's easily QB1 for me. I haven't seen any QB in this class do more with more and more with less in their college careers. He has the majority of QB traits that you could want on top of the intangibles. I would not want to be the team that bets against him. I think he's going to be a star.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:19 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:52 am Bryce young is my favourite right now and likely will stay there unless something weird happens in the draft. Saying that draft capital and landing spot like always will be the big determiner for me as these are by far the two highest correlators to long term NFL staying power at qb
Yep. He's easily QB1 for me. I haven't seen any QB in this class do more with more and more with less in their college careers. He has the majority of QB traits that you could want on top of the intangibles. I would not want to be the team that bets against him. I think he's going to be a star.
Easily for me as well. Excited to have him on my roster next year. After spending an hour or 2 watching Bryce Young I've started to identify how he's had so much success and overcome his small physical size. It wasn't accident or luck, not for sustaining this success from grade school all the way up through college. Bryce Young has the tools. He is a slick football player.

Some of the arm angles and mobile throws he makes are Mahomes-like and his ability to maneuver the pocket is very reassuring. I generally believe pocket presence is something you either have the instinct for or you don't. He absolutely does and is quick at recognizing breakdowns and mobile enough to avoid the rush.

My favorite thing about Young is his route anticipation. It is a trait that directly translates to success at the NFL level. He's out there startling his WRs with how good the timing and anticipation is on some of these throws. You can pause the play and see the ball is a yard away from the pass catchers face the moment he stems and looks to make eye contact. You love to see that and shows Young has the ability to master the plays; knows exactly where to place that football at the exact time. Football IQ.

Haven't spent nearly as much time studying Stroud's game, but if we're drafting today it's a no brainer for me.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:37 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:19 pm
Easily for me as well. Excited to have him on my roster next year. After spending an hour or 2 watching Bryce Young I've started to identify how he's had so much success and overcome his small physical size. It wasn't accident or luck, not for sustaining this success from grade school all the way up through college. Bryce Young has the tools. He is a slick football player.

Some of the arm angles and mobile throws he makes are Mahomes-like and his ability to maneuver the pocket is very reassuring. I generally believe pocket presence is something you either have the instinct for or you don't. He absolutely does and is quick at recognizing breakdowns and mobile enough to avoid the rush.

My favorite thing about Young is his route anticipation. It is a trait that directly translates to success at the NFL level. He's out there startling his WRs with how good the timing and anticipation is on some of these throws. You can pause the play and see the ball is a yard away from the pass catchers face the moment he stems and looks to make eye contact. You love to see that and shows Young has the ability to master the plays; knows exactly where to place that football at the exact time. Football IQ.

Haven't spent nearly as much time studying Stroud's game, but if we're drafting today it's a no brainer for me.
Great anticipation like that can easily make up for not having the elite arm strength. So many are drooling over Levi’s and Richardson because they have cannons but if it ain’t going where it needs to does it matter? Young’s arm strength looks good enough to me even if not elite.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:02 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:37 pm
halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:19 pm

Great anticipation like that can easily make up for not having the elite arm strength. So many are drooling over Levi’s and Richardson because they have cannons but if it ain’t going where it needs to does it matter? Young’s arm strength looks good enough to me even if not elite.
Was that not what they said about Josh allen though? Cannon arm but limited accuracy?
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:55 am

^ True but they also said the same thing about Cutler and Drew Lock
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:10 pm

AZK wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:55 am ^ True but they also said the same thing about Cutler and Drew Lock
And Kyle Boller…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker