Purdy or Picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Purdy or Picks

Purdy
36%
2.03 + 2.11
64%

Total votes: 14

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Purdy or Picks

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:10 pm

Which side would you rather have in 12 team SF league?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Purdy or Picks

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:18 pm

I don’t know how much of this is recency bias, but man does Purdy look good in that offense.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:25 pm

This deal is absurdly on the side of Purdy. Heck, Will Levi’s probably goes in the top 7-8 in this format. Purdy is the goods. Easily pay that to get him in SF.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 pm

As a 49ers fan he has has looked DAMN good, but does / will the fairy tale story of Brock end any time soon? Too me if he gets them to the SB or plays great in the NFC championship game he's the starter next year (they will say it's a competition, but he will be qb1 ). So for a team that's loaded with talent and he's got the perfect play caller for him I'd go for it.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 pm

The value is decent for the risk that comes with Purdy long term, but tough call. There is so much uncertainty with Purdy and Lance long term that it comes down to if you would rather gamble on Purdy or the picks...the picks value will hold, Purdys may not. No great answer here, but the picks seem the safest bet value wise.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:46 pm

dblj1199 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 pm As a 49ers fan he has has looked DAMN good, but does / will the fairy tale story of Brock end any time soon? Too me if he gets them to the SB or plays great in the NFC championship game he's the starter next year (they will say it's a competition, but he will be qb1 ). So for a team that's loaded with talent and he's got the perfect play caller for him I'd go for it.
See, I am not a 49er fan, but I have been telling people that Purdy WILL be the 49er starting QB in 2023 IF he WINS the Super Bowl.

I remember that the 49ers paid three 1st round picks to get Lance AFTER Jimmy G lost a Super Bowl.
They knew they needed another dimension for the offense to take that next step.
Just like after the Rams moved off Goff after he lost a Super Bowl for them.

Even at this, most tell me I am wrong, that no matter what Purdy does this year, the 49ers will give Lance another chance just because they spent so much draft capital on him.
So you don't even think he needs to win the Super Bowl to hold the starting job?
That is a little surprising.

I guess time will tell, at this point I will side with the picks, because I have seen my share of rookies who have had a few good games.
Some continue on to make a good career out of it, some get figured out.
I'm just not sure, though I want to believe.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:27 am

I'd take those picks. Seen too many QBs over the years come out of nowhere and look good for a few months, only to fade away again. He's far exceeding any expectations at the moment, but I'm not sold yet.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:47 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Just trying to get a gauge if this is a close trade or not, and seems like it is with people on both sides.

Team getting Purdy would be hedging with QB uncertainty (Lawrence, but then Tua and Lance).

Team getting picks is aging and getting ready to enter a rebuild.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:16 am

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:47 am Thanks for the feedback everyone! Just trying to get a gauge if this is a close trade or not, and seems like it is with people on both sides.

Team getting Purdy would be hedging with QB uncertainty (Lawrence, but then Tua and Lance).

Team getting picks is aging and getting ready to enter a rebuild.
hold for sure then dont bail out the lance owner on a pair of 2nds when this question likely looms large headed into next season and his panic will be even higher
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp