POLL - Actions Taken Due to Cancelled Game

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What has your league done to decide to league championships affected by the BUF-CIN game?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:36 am

Using the next weeks points for the players in question
30%
Using the season average points for the players in question
No votes
Using the projected points for the players from the week cancelled
3%
Replaying the match with both teams setting new lineups for week 18
No votes
End the season with players receiving a 0 score and current game score
54%
Other
14%

Total votes: 37

dspriegel
Rookie
Rookie

POLL - Actions Taken Due to Cancelled Game

Postby dspriegel » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:36 am

Other than sharing winnings, I'm trying to get a read on the most common approach leagues have taken to deal with week 17 championship games left in limbo.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: POLL - Actions Taken Due to Cancelled Game

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=232784

Already being discussed in this thread, we don't need another one.

dspriegel
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dspriegel » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:46 am

I saw that but it is a very long thread and hard to summarize any hard percentages so was trying to get it with a quick poll.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:56 am

Chose week 18 stats. I had to make the call for about 7 leagues that I run and that was my choice.

This will be fun...
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:06 am

Think ta poll is a useful quick summary. Curious who picked "other" and why.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:15 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:06 am Curious who picked "other" and why.
Agreed, the poll seems to cover most of the scenarios I have seen bantered around
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:16 am

5 leagues (and the fifth is the interesting one):

1) No players were playing. Easy
2 & 3) We ended the season. Some players playing but highly unlikely it would have changed the outcome. Both teams losing were gracious about it.
4) We're counting week 18 stats.

5) Josh Allen, Tyler Boyd, and Dawson Knox all start with the points they accumulated this past Monday night.

We will also count the points they accumulate in their week 18 game this Sunday. For Allen and Knox, we ONLY count the points they score starting from the Bills' second drive moving forward. For Boyd, we ONLY count the points he scores starting from the third play of the second Bengals' drive moving forward. If a player is inactive, then his points will be the sum of his average score per game plus the points he scored on Monday night.

This way, the players get credit (or lack thereof in Knox's case) for what they did or didn't do.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:18 am

End the season with players receiving a 0 score and current game score

Anyone answering something different than this is overcomplicating the issue.

Yes, it sucks, but players unpredictably get zeros, or very low score, all the time, every single week. Players can play a series and not go back. Players can suffer an injury and not go back. Game time calls on MNF can backfire. Fantasy football is unpredictable and predicated on luck.

Some may try to fit this situation into a category above because it is unique when you zoom in...but zoomed out...its not different than any of the above scenarios I mentioned, or games severely impacted in scoring and offense by unpredictable weather patterns

It doesnt have to be fair, to be right...and accommodations intended to be 'fair' may not actually be fair.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:26 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:18 am End the season with players receiving a 0 score and current game score

Yes, it sucks, but players unpredictably get zeros, or very low score, all the time, every single week. Players can play a series and not go back. Players can suffer an injury and not go back. Game time calls on MNF can backfire. Fantasy football is unpredictable and predicated on luck.

Some may try to fit this situation into a category above because it is unique when you zoom in...but zoomed out...its not different than any of the above scenarios I mentioned, or games severely impacted in scoring and offense by unpredictable weather patterns

It doesnt have to be fair, to be right...and accommodations intended to be 'fair' may not actually be fair.
I voted the same, but for a slightly different reason. Fantasy football exists in an effort to "mirror" real football. We score in fantasy based on the official NFL stats. The game was officially cancelled and there are no recorded stats. Zero's across the board and move on
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:26 am

captain howdy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:18 am End the season with players receiving a 0 score and current game score

This. All day this.
Thanks for the reasonable voice.
-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 am

Not sure I understand what "End the season with players receiving a 0 score and current game score" means exactly but I think this is what we did.

We just went with the scores as they were when the MNF game stopped. Some players had accumulated some points (e.g. Boyd's TD) and we counted those. We treated it like players had left a game early due to injury or whatever. Happens all the time.

If the two guys in the final wanted to do something different and had agreed to it, that would have been fine too. But people seemed ready to be done.

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:42 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 am We just went with the scores as they were when the MNF game stopped. Some players had accumulated some points (e.g. Boyd's TD) and we counted those. We treated it like players had left a game early due to injury or whatever. Happens all the time.
We did the same.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:56 am Chose week 18 stats. I had to make the call for about 7 leagues that I run and that was my choice.

This will be fun...
If this is what both owners in the game agree to, then by all means go for it. I'd prefer to leave as is personally, but splitting the pot in 50-50 situations is also a good option.

Hate potential points, season average, and playing all over in week 18. However, again if both owners agree to it then have at it!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:52 am

drobes wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:42 am
tstafford wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 am We just went with the scores as they were when the MNF game stopped. Some players had accumulated some points (e.g. Boyd's TD) and we counted those. We treated it like players had left a game early due to injury or whatever. Happens all the time.
We did the same.
x3

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:34 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:15 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:06 am Curious who picked "other" and why.
Agreed, the poll seems to cover most of the scenarios I have seen bantered around
We're at 4 others. If there's an option chosen not !listed, could help other leagues.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def