Steven Jackson's value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Re: Steven Jackson's value?

Postby cleanwillyb » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:Kendall Hunter IS a legit young prospect...
Please tell me what the time frame you envision for Hunter going from prospect to stud is. It's impossible to ignore the year Frank Gore is having, not to mention the contract he signed.

Hunter is years away from having legit value.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

cleanwillyb wrote:
Please tell me what the time frame you envision for Hunter going from prospect to stud is. It's impossible to ignore the year Frank Gore is having, not to mention the contract he signed.

What other better rookie prospects are there from last season than hunter? Leshoure and Williams got obliterated. Murray's value is ridiculously inflated because of that 200 yard game. I think it's very unlikely someone would trade Ingram + a first for sjax. Anyone who drafted Ingram was likely very high on him predraft and/or their team is in rebuilding since they had the 1.01 (or 1.02) pick to begin with. So adding Sjax isn't desirable to a team like that. So I don't know what LEGIT prospect you think you can get that's better than Hunter, that someone would trade with a first for SJax. I'm skeptical someone would pay hunter and a first for him, much less something like Daniel Thomas or Murray and a first. Maybe you could get Williams or Leshoure and a first, but I don't think either of them are worth more than Hunter.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 pm

cleanwillyb wrote:

Years? Any game that Gore misses in the next year or two, Hunter will immediately be startable as a low end RB1 / high end RB2. In today's fantasy game, with RBs missing time left and right, you NEED those guys to piece together a season. He might just be a handcuff right now, but he's one of the absolute highest end clear cut handcuffs in the league. Who other than Ben Tate would you consider a clear cut talented starter if the guy in front of them went down? Maybe Michael Bush and perhaps Ringer? I'd rather have Hunter than either of those guys long term.

Beyond being just a handcuff, I firmly believe he's being groomed into a starting role too. Look at guys like Charles and McCoy and Ray Rice. Not one of them lit the world on fire year 1, and they were all drafted behind solid but aging starters.

Saying that Hunter is "years" away from having value is so incredibly short sighted from a dynasty perspective. If you don't consider him a "legit young prospect" at RB, I literally could not imagine who you DO think is a legit young prospect.

rickyricardo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby rickyricardo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm

late august this season [2 weeks before week 1] i traded steven jackson for 1.2 [AJ GREEN] and another late first. I thought I stole AJ Green from the other owner. Now I am sure of it. AJ AJ AJ AJ AJ.