How much is too much for Bijan?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Jsn23
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

How much is too much for Bijan?

Postby Jsn23 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:16 am

1QB 12 team start 8 (team in sig)

I have the 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 1.11 and 2 2nds
Set in WR (Lamb, Waddle, Burks, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Dj Moore, Calvin Ridley, M.Brown, Doubs)
basically no RB at all.

in this very shallow lineup, and with the depth I have in WR, I wonder how much is too much for Bijan?

with the context of my team, would you give the 1.3, 1.4 and another small piece for him?
1.4 And Garrett Wilson?
What do you think is the best trade from my side that can pull this off?
12 Team PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLX

QBs: Russell Wilson
RBs: Zamir White, Isaiah Spiller, Zack Moss, ,Joshua Kelley, D'Ernest Johnson, Kevin Harris, Justice Hill, Jordan Mason, Snoop Conner, Chris Evans
WRs: Lamb, Waddle, Burks, Garrett Wilson, AJ Brown, Dj Moore, Doubs, Calvin Ridley, M.Brown
TEs: Andrews, Trey McBride, Harrison Bryant, Albert Okwuegbunam

1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6, 1.10
2.2, 3.2, 3.10
3 2024 1sts
4 2024 2nds

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How much is too much for Bijan?

Postby tstafford » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:36 am

I've said this before - buying Bijan is going to be the most expensive prospect acquisition I've seen in the 14 years I've played dynasty. The only player I can recall that is even in the same neighborhood was Trent Richardson. . .

So to get him you will need to pay up. I'm not a buyer because it's not how I like to build my teams. However I understand that sometimes there is a player out there that you just have to go get. I did it with AJ Green when he came in - but at a cost that was far lower than what it will take to get Bijan.

If you can get him for the 1.03/1.04/piece that is a very good buy. I don't mind trading two lesser prospects and something minor for him at all. But I don't think that will get it done.

If you offer Wilson/1.04 and the other owner is interested that probably gets countered with Wilson/1.03 (that's what I would do). I think those deals are totally reasonable given the hype on Bijan. I wouldn't make that offer because I think Wilson is soon to be a first round start-up pick in roughly the same range as what Bijan will soon be. Why give up a really good rookie pick to move around in the first round of a start up. Especially for a player who isn't in the NFL (don't know his team situ, no tape, etc.)

You definitely have the fire power to get the 1.01 if the owner is the least bit willing to sell. I'd do the following if you must:
- Offer the 1.03/1.06/Doubs. Be willing to adjust that deal with a better pick (1.04 or 1.05) and Hollywood. If that hunts, great
- Plan B: trade for a lesser RB prospect and draft with the remaining picks

Net/net: I'm not willing to overpay for Bijan.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:04 am

tstafford wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:36 am I've said this before - buying Bijan is going to be the most expensive prospect acquisition I've seen in the 14 years I've played dynasty. The only player I can recall that is even in the same neighborhood was Trent Richardson. . .

So to get him you will need to pay up. I'm not a buyer because it's not how I like to build my teams. However I understand that sometimes there is a player out there that you just have to go get. I did it with AJ Green when he came in - but at a cost that was far lower than what it will take to get Bijan.

If you can get him for the 1.03/1.04/piece that is a very good buy. I don't mind trading two lesser prospects and something minor for him at all. But I don't think that will get it done.

If you offer Wilson/1.04 and the other owner is interested that probably gets countered with Wilson/1.03 (that's what I would do). I think those deals are totally reasonable given the hype on Bijan. I wouldn't make that offer because I think Wilson is soon to be a first round start-up pick in roughly the same range as what Bijan will soon be. Why give up a really good rookie pick to move around in the first round of a start up. Especially for a player who isn't in the NFL (don't know his team situ, no tape, etc.)

You definitely have the fire power to get the 1.01 if the owner is the least bit willing to sell. I'd do the following if you must:
- Offer the 1.03/1.06/Doubs. Be willing to adjust that deal with a better pick (1.04 or 1.05) and Hollywood. If that hunts, great
- Plan B: trade for a lesser RB prospect and draft with the remaining picks

Net/net: I'm not willing to overpay for Bijan.
off topic but i dont recall richardson being anywhere near the hype level of a fournette or barkley. id say barkley was the only one of recent memory that was considered a top 10 start up pick before playing a down.

agree with you though id be using a combo of picks or players not named wilson.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:31 am

Jsn23 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:16 am 1QB 12 team start 8 (team in sig)

Set in WR (Lamb, Waddle, Burks, Garrett Wilson, Jameson Williams, Dj Moore, Calvin Ridley, M.Brown, Doubs)
basically no RB at all.

in this very shallow lineup, and with the depth I have in WR, I wonder how much is too much for Bijan?

with the context of my team, would you give the 1.3, 1.4 and another small piece for him?
1.4 And Garrett Wilson?
You'd have to at least start with him.

Owners of the 1.1 will see it as a dollar, and any pick even top 5 after that would be worth a dime in comparison. Offering a few of those still doesn't make the person want to give up their dollar. Not saying it's logical, but it is likely. The big component is when you say 'another small piece' - I think you'd have to offer 1.3, 1.4, and G. Wilson to get someone to be interested.
Primary League10 Team, 2QB, 2TE, .5 PPR: 3x Champion, 1x Runner Up
QB: Herbert, Carr, Howell
RB: Saquon, Mixon, A. Jones Henderson, Mitchell, CEH, Wilson
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Amon-Ra, Meyers, QJohnston, Zay. Mooney
TE: Kelce, Higbee, Parham, Likely,

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:31 am

Jsn23 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:16 am 1QB 12 team start 8 (team in sig)

basically no RB at all.

1.4 And Garrett Wilson?
Owners of the 1.1 will see it as a dollar, and any pick even top 5 after that would be worth a dime in comparison. Offering a few of those still doesn't make the person want to give up their dollar. Not saying it's logical, but it is likely. The big component is when you say 'another small piece' - I think you'd have to offer 1.3, 1.4, and G. Wilson to get someone to be interested.

To clarify: I do not own the 1.1 anywhere, but did own the 1.1 everywhere when Saquon was coming out and know what it took to get that pick, as well as what it would have taken for me to get it. Saquon is the only player in my recent memory that garnered this much attention.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:48 am

I would see if the 1.03 + Burks or J. Williams + a late 1st gets the conversation started. It's still pricey but a fair starting offer. Burks has flashed at times this year and two 1sts on top, with one being early is a good offer. It will likely take something outrageous to land the 1.01. While I like RObinson as much as the next manager, I would not go completely overboard either.

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:00 pm

You can ask here, or you can send a message to the owner of the 1.01 and say, "Here are the assets I have; what will get your attention for relinquishing that pick?"

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:27 pm

Is Bijan the overall consensus even in SF leagues? I have (3) 1st round picks for 23 and am considering moving up. Right now it would be the 1.5, 1.7, and 1.14.
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:12 pm

burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:27 pm Is Bijan the overall consensus even in SF leagues? I have (3) 1st round picks for 23 and am considering moving up. Right now it would be the 1.5, 1.7, and 1.14.
No, but close to consensus.
I have seen a couple of sites that had the top 2 QB's going at 1.01 and 1.02, but vast majority have Bijan at 1.01 in 1 QB and SF leagues.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:14 pm

1.03, 1.11, and Garrett Wilson might get the 1.01 pick.

From those that I have heard of going after the 1.01, most seem to have given up as the price is too steep.

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:23 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:12 pm
burntfire wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:27 pm Is Bijan the overall consensus even in SF leagues? I have (3) 1st round picks for 23 and am considering moving up. Right now it would be the 1.5, 1.7, and 1.14.
No, but close to consensus.
I have seen a couple of sites that had the top 2 QB's going at 1.01 and 1.02, but vast majority have Bijan at 1.01 in 1 QB and SF leagues.
Which sites, if you don't mind me asking?

I'd be curious about their data source. If it's some random ADP, i'd wonder if those participating in mock drafts are gaslighting. I think once actual drafts are here, it will be unanimous.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:53 am

I would actually take those picks and go try and get a KW, maybe a sliding JT, Hall or williams(these guys should be cheaper). Robinson nice and all but I not sure he is worth 1-3/1-4 and wilson IMHO.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:41 pm

Man, SO much depends on how savvy the current owner of the 1.1 is. Does he pay enough attention to know what assets you have? Is he already WELL aware of Bijan and the hype surrounding him?

Going in blind, my opening offer would be 1.4, 1.6 and 1.11 and just see… (thought being, wouldn’t it be awesome to get the 1.1 and still have 1.3, 1.5, and 1.8 ?)
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:08 am

Tvols wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:53 am I would actually take those picks and go try and get a KW, maybe a sliding JT, Hall or williams(these guys should be cheaper). Robinson nice and all but I not sure he is worth 1-3/1-4 and wilson IMHO.
This is the way

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:29 am

What holes does the 1.1 team have? If he is in the same boat with good WR but poor RBs, this whole approach might be pointless. Only 2 WR are required to start, but 2 flex so I would think most teams start 3-4 WR each week.