End of season waiver wire pickups

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby Csl312 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:13 pm

Who are some names to target going into the off season before roster moves start happening/free agency hits? Zamir White is a name that comes to mind hut he really hasn't shown much this year to inspire confidence that the raiders won't draft another rb this year. Will Ben Skowronek show some life the rest of this season and be flex worth next year despite a crowded wr group?

Who else you got?

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:27 pm

Csl312 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:13 pm Who are some names to target going into the off season before roster moves start happening/free agency hits? Zamir White is a name that comes to mind hut he really hasn't shown much this year to inspire confidence that the raiders won't draft another rb this year. Will Ben Skowronek show some life the rest of this season and be flex worth next year despite a crowded wr group?

Who else you got?
Definitely not on waivers in my leagues.

If you have room maybe the DET tight ends in case Detroit misses out on a real tight end. More of a move for tep leagues
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:32 pm

Going into the offseason my approach is nearly the same in all line-up leagues.

Cut roster clogger WRs and back-up QBs that needed an injury to be relevant.

Add any RB that could land on a 53 man roster in 2023.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:44 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:27 pm
Csl312 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:13 pm Who are some names to target going into the off season before roster moves start happening/free agency hits? Zamir White is a name that comes to mind hut he really hasn't shown much this year to inspire confidence that the raiders won't draft another rb this year. Will Ben Skowronek show some life the rest of this season and be flex worth next year despite a crowded wr group?

Who else you got?
Definitely not on waivers in my leagues.

If you have room maybe the DET tight ends in case Detroit misses out on a real tight end. More of a move for tep leagues
Players like that aren't available in my leagues either.

If players like that are available on your waivers, grab and stash them.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:35 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:27 pm If you have room maybe the DET tight ends in case Detroit misses out on a real tight end. More of a move for tep leagues
This is probably good advice. However it would be a tragedy if DET didn't upgrade at TE during the off-season. The way they have used their current guys doesn't suggest to me that they believe they are the future. But there's no harm in stashing Wright. I was holding him until I needed the roster spot for something else.

Suggestion - Jerome Ford. Stashing him as I believe Hunt will be out of CLE sooner than later.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:32 am

Kyle Trask for SF leagues. There’s a chance Brady moves on or retires. Tampa won’t have a super high pick, so will be drafting more of a developmental QB or bringing someone else in. If they don’t bring anyone in, you have a possible starter. If they do bring someone in, you have an easy cut for someone with off-season hype.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:05 am

Not any one of the guys mentioned in this thread to date are unrostered in our league. It is a 14 team full IDP league so I’m guessing the previous posts relate to smaller leagues or those with tight rosters/no PS.

For deeper leagues I’ll throw out Mike Strachan, WR, IND. I know I’ve advocated for him before but the logic is sound - he’s got premium size and athleticism and has shown flashes of talent. Justifying his lack of production in the NFL to date is that he came from a small school and missed a year prior to going to the NFL because of the COVID kerfluffle, so his learning curve has been a lot steeper than other WRs.

But he has not taken a single ST snap this season, yet IND still has him rostered. There has to be a reason that a WR who only has taken 124 O snaps so far this year and contributes literally nothing on STs keeps a roster space. So if you’re looking for an available deep flyer that is dirt cheap and easily cutable before the start of next season, this is the type of player you’re looking for.

I was going to mention Rashid Shaheed but that ship has apparently already sailed looking at his mfl availability now that he’s starting to post production in NO. The other I was going to mention was Jalen Tolbert given how he was talked up in PS as a starter by JJ and the DAL coaching staff but has done almost literally nothing in the regular season, but I’m seeing him still rostered at a relatively decent percentage at mfl as well.

Maybe a deep flyer on Jalen Reagor as well now that he has a new home and is not owned much at all? Maybe the nee environment will spark something in this guy, and if not then he gets tossed aside if he continues to show little translation to the NFL once he gets his legs under him in MIN?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Grant Calcaterra. Loads of athleticism and starting to get a bit of involvement with Goeddert out. Charlie Kolar. Started late with injuries, but loads of upside. Any Isabella. He’s disappeared after moving to the Ravens practice squad, but seemed to be turning a corner this offseason before being cut by Kingsbury. Could figure things out on a Ravens team without a lot of great options.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:54 am

I admit the players I mentioned are probably rostered in most leagues. But some good thoughts here. I've been less on top of who had an expiring contract etc lately.

Not sure Isabella is worth a roster spot though. Seems like if he hasn't put it together by now it probably won't happen.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:05 am

I have been holding John Metchie III on my IR all year. Who was the super talented WR that KC drafted but he is always hurt, as in most NFL teams had him on the Do Not Draft list?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:09 am

Oddball456 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:05 am I have been holding John Metchie III on my IR all year. Who was the super talented WR that KC drafted but he is always hurt, as in most NFL teams had him on the Do Not Draft list?
Justyn Ross?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:13 am

Oddball456 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:05 am Who was the super talented WR that KC drafted but he is always hurt, as in most NFL teams had him on the Do Not Draft list?
justyn ross?

i think he's been on PUP/IR all year. i have no idea how is he doing, but not a bad shout for very deep leagues.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:36 am

Jake Ferguson, in case Schultz signs elsewhere in the offseason.

Isaiah Hodgins, in case he hangs around to push for a starting role next year. Was very productive in college and wasted no time becoming a regular target in NYG (also helped me to win my playoff game last week), and some writers liked him better than Gabe Davis when both were drafted by BUF. Also, Daboll was the OC there when they drafted him and stashed and developed him for 2 years, so there's already some comfort level.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:34 pm

Good call on Hodgins.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Chigoziem Okonkwo, rookie TE with the Titans, is getting a lot more snaps lately. A good stash.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.