General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:11 pm
mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:36 am Borderline call on whether I’d start Ford next week but with the number of top RBs out certainly can see many teams starting him. Expecting around 12-14 total points in ppr which could like this week be reached via TD production
If you can rank 23 other RB's ahead of him for Week 4 then more power to you.

He's an RB2 until further notice.
Don’t care about where he ranks within a week. The point differential between say 24-14 or 15th place isn’t usually game winning. Having potential to crack the top ten or higher within the given week is what I am chasing. Typically top 8-10 are scoring 20+ pts plus . The 20-24th is around 10-12. That puts Ford in my estimation as borderline starter. Would have to believe many teams have two better options. Others not. Quick glance there are about 20 I’d prefer and that leaves Ford in a group with Rhamondre , Najee/ Warren, D. Pierce & R. White .

That being said I’m leaning on the Browns being in a lower scoring affair where they run the ball a fair amount. Ravens are struggling on offense with so many injuries. Barring Hunt having a hot hand likely that Ford gets at least a dozen carries and 2-3 catches for combined 75-80 yds. Can he score again will decide if he threatens top ten numbers. Guess he could score 17 TDS as his current pace suggests but I’m betting on some regression there.
he just scored 21 against one of the best rush defenses in the NFL for 2 seasons now. Stop,
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:22 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm

Don’t care about where he ranks within a week. The point differential between say 24-14 or 15th place isn’t usually game winning. Having potential to crack the top ten or higher within the given week is what I am chasing. Typically top 8-10 are scoring 20+ pts plus . The 20-24th is around 10-12. That puts Ford in my estimation as borderline starter. Would have to believe many teams have two better options. Others not. Quick glance there are about 20 I’d prefer and that leaves Ford in a group with Rhamondre , Najee/ Warren, D. Pierce & R. White .

That being said I’m leaning on the Browns being in a lower scoring affair where they run the ball a fair amount. Ravens are struggling on offense with so many injuries. Barring Hunt having a hot hand likely that Ford gets at least a dozen carries and 2-3 catches for combined 75-80 yds. Can he score again will decide if he threatens top ten numbers. Guess he could score 17 TDS as his current pace suggests but I’m betting on some regression there.
he just scored 21 against one of the best rush defenses in the NFL for 2 seasons now. Stop,
For Pete’s sake. We’re talking about a guy where if you take away his fluke 69 yd carry where there was literally zero contain on the backside that he’s had 48 carries for a 2.1 ypa - that is not a typo, 2.1 ypa - in his career. You want to get a real feel for the one play impact - that one run gave him a 66% increase in his career ypa. And this is behind one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

How long do you think Stefanski is going to tolerate that kind of utterly substandard production?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:22 am

For Pete’s sake. We’re talking about a guy where if you take away his fluke 69 yd carry where there was literally zero contain on the backside that he’s had 48 carries for a 2.1 ypa - that is not a typo, 2.1 ypa - in his career. You want to get a real feel for the one play impact - that one run gave him a 66% increase in his career ypa. And this is behind one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

How long do you think Stefanski is going to tolerate that kind of utterly substandard production?
So, to clarify, when it supports your stance we ignore plays that don't help your narrative? Got it. Ford has been an effective fantasy RB this year and was FREE. Is he the long term answer no, but this is why you take late round fliers. Happily starting him again this week, in another tough match up.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:51 pm

Don't know if you're purposely ignoring the context but if you want to count on 2TDs or 69 yard runs to be sustainable week in week out good luck.

My point from the beginning is Ford is not a plug & play replacement for Chubb. Temper expectations& hold on for the next 3 weeks vs tough defenses.

You tout his "21 points" as he if he had a strong outing. He had 51 yds on 10 carries / 2catches on 3 targets.

STOP IT ... he's borderline against tough front sevens whereas Chubb it didn't matter. That's my point

After week 7 I'm riding Ford all the way ( if he keeps his lead role until then )

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:16 pm

Jerome Ford

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:23 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:16 pm Jerome Ford
Not suggesting we "take away" any plays or anything. His line was what it was after all.

However, Ford had 1 carry for 69 yards.

And 10 carries for 5 yards. That's not real solid.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:23 pm
Not suggesting we "take away" any plays or anything. His line was what it was after all.

He can't keep getting away with this!

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:44 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:46 pm

He can't keep getting away with this!
It seems like this is his kinda game - a few very big gains.
But who cares he is a RB2 that was either on waivers or could be had for a 4th.
Granted he needed an injury to Chubb, but that was also the premise in your call.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:18 am

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:27 am

Bronco Billy was wrong on Ford. But I don’t recall him taking laps on his correct calls either.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:27 am Bronco Billy was wrong on Ford. But I don’t recall him taking laps on his correct calls either.
Kind of rough that you're suggesting Bronco Billy has never made a correct call! Even I wasn't going *that* far...

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:57 am

mild wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:57 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:27 am Bronco Billy was wrong on Ford. But I don’t recall him taking laps on his correct calls either.
Kind of rough that you're suggesting Bronco Billy has never made a correct call! Even I wasn't going *that* far...
Lol. That’s not what I was implying but a funny way to put it.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:11 pm

Did anyone say Keaton Mitchell??

Oh wait he's a rookie...guess that wouldn't count

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:17 am

So Jerome Ford has scored double digit fantasy points in 10 of 13 games…

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:21 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:17 am So Jerome Ford has scored double digit fantasy points in 10 of 13 games…
Was a good call for those that picked him up last year. Solid depth RB2/3 for contenders.