End of season waiver wire pickups

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:01 am

Let’s not confuse Ford with Chubb … the Browns line was not good against the Steelers. Take away the one broken play reverse field run and Ford’s night not looking so good.

Not to say you wouldn’t want him but he’s not the plug & play guy that Chubb was just because he is first up to replace him as Browns lead back. Tough matchup next week & beyond until week 7 or 8 so he might struggle unless Watson starts playing much better to threaten defenses

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:05 am

Ford looked solid last night when pressed to replace Chubb. Let’s see how CLE reacts moving forward, but he could end up being a great end of roster stash.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:21 am

I would anticipate Hunt being signed by Cleveland fairly soon.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:01 am Let’s not confuse Ford with Chubb … the Browns line was not good against the Steelers. Take away the one broken play reverse field run and Ford’s night not looking so good.
19 touches for 131 yards from scrimmage and 2 TD's.

In 2.5 Quarters.

"But if you take away his good plays it wasn't that impressive"

:think:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:01 am Let’s not confuse Ford with Chubb … the Browns line was not good against the Steelers. Take away the one broken play reverse field run and Ford’s night not looking so good.

In 2.5 Quarters.

Man, i wish the Jets would’ve just benched Breece… Ford was my break in case of emergency backup plan. Would’ve won me the week.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm Man, i wish the Jets would’ve just benched Breece… Ford was my break in case of emergency backup plan. Would’ve won me the week.
I'm (probably?) the biggest Jerome Ford fan here, and even I wouldn't have advocated for that move.

Start your studs.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:19 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:35 pm

In 2.5 Quarters.

Yes you should think before you post :think:

One good play on a reversal of field. Maybe you think you can count on one of those every game but I’ll bet you he doesn’t have two more of those the rest of the season. Oh and by the way only 1 TD. Got a bad break on the long run but got a gift walk in on a pass play from another that wasn’t by design either. You gotta watch the game.

18 touches for 62 yds isn’t really lighting it up. Tough matchups next 3 GMs is what I said so don’t expect to have Chubb like numbers the way the offense looked last night (nor numbers like Ford put up unless you think he’s going to have a 69 yd run every week)

After that stretch if he holds onto the starting gig then I’d happily plug Ford in but not so sure he’s a good bet . Titans , Ravens & 49’ers aren’t pushovers to run against. Need Watson to threaten them with big plays downfield which haven’t been there so far.

Over/ Under total yds @ 99 … I’m all in for the UNDER (including his big plays)

That said I’m rooting for the guy to take the job & run with it. Have him on 3 teams out of 6 because they committed to him by letting Hunt & D’ernest go figuring at some point Chubb would need a rest or Ford would get passing down role . Happy for him but it sucks that Ford got his chance this way.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:26 pm

Just glad I grabbed Ford last week after he was cut for the falcons D
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:32 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:17 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:09 pm Man, i wish the Jets would’ve just benched Breece… Ford was my break in case of emergency backup plan. Would’ve won me the week.
I'm (probably?) the biggest Jerome Ford fan here, and even I wouldn't have advocated for that move.

Start your studs.
I did start Breece, but if he didn’t play, I’m obviously not going to play a guy who’s not playing and all my other options were already frozen by the time the Jets started. I’m more saying I wish I lucked into being forced to play Ford over Breece. There’s no way I make a call to go with a backup over Breece after his week one performance.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:07 am

If you were one of the Ford manlovers that was deriding anyone who thought otherwise, you’d better be backing up your mouth and starting him this week because you’re not going to get a better chance. Then we’ll continue this discussion next week.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:30 am

He is starting in 3 of my leagues. Even in a tough matchup, with all the injuries at RB, I am totally fine rolling him out
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:31 am

I'd be starting him over Najee and other battle axes.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:03 am

Hunt to CLE as expected

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:29 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:07 am If you were one of the Ford manlovers that was deriding anyone who thought otherwise, you’d better be backing up your mouth and starting him this week because you’re not going to get a better chance. Then we’ll continue this discussion next week.
Depends on your other options. Ford vs Titans or Mixon … :think:

Others we have are Pollard & Etienne. Over the next 3 games for Ford it is going to be tough to Bench any of those 3 but coming after those matchups Ford may play over everyone but Pollard unless K. Hunt takes over 100% of the passing role.

So to me let’s continue this discussion after week 6 :whistle:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:51 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:03 am Hunt to CLE as expected
Well, I’m sure they’re willing to pay him up to $4M for the remaining 15 games to back up Ford.