Don't want to trade DJM, am I being dumb?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't want to trade DJM, am I being dumb?

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:54 am

I've got a team that's middle of the pack but I think could make a push toward the end of the year. Will be 3-3 after this week but I think I'll make the playoffs (hope so, just traded my '23 1st).

DJ Moore is one of my favorite players in all of football and by far my most rostered player in dynasty. I've been waiting for him to get a good QB (hell, I'd settle for average). I have an offer that would essentially net me a 1st for him. But I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. The offer:

Give: Cousins + DJM
Get: Carr + '24 1st

While he's not helping me win this year, he's done nothing but produce at every level despite horrid QB play, and is still just 25 years old. He has the profile of someone that would hit BIG if he were in a competent offense, so I'm not in a rush to trade him away for a random 1st that could be late and is a year(+) away. Am I being dumb?

Here's my team:
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLX, 1SF - (short benches)
QB: Dak, Cousins, Tua, Z.Wilson, Mayfield
RB: Breece, Jacobs, Sanders, CEH, McKissic, Mostert, Gus
WR: Chase, Waddle, DJM, Meyers, OBJ, Landry
TE: Gesicki, Albert O, Woods

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Don't want to trade DJM, am I being dumb?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 am

I think you come out ahead here on value long term. Moore is likely to have a really bad season and with that, his value will continue to drop. He could rebound next year or in the future but who knows. He has produced well throughout but has also been overrated based on his lack of TD's. He has been viewed as a WR1 in the community on value but really does not put up those kind of stats in fantasy. Carr looks like a better option than Cousins in SF but they are close overall on value.

I can see this both ways and understand not wanting to move on from Moore or move him low especially with the pick a year + out. If Moore is your guy and you don't want to trade him, hold but I do think the value is here.

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BucBuc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:24 am

Tough … I can see one side or the other but I can get more with that 1st so I’ll take that side
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,PenixBurrow
RBS: Bijan,Kamara,GibsonDillon,Penny,Ty Chandler,
WR:Lamb,Chase,AJB,Tee,DJM,Boyd
TE McBride,Geseiki
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:28 am

extremely replaceable player
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:36 am

I have DJM also and would kill for this offer. I like him and I'm REALLY hoping that the Panthers deal him off in a massive rebuild. Imagine him with Mahome or ARod??? I know it won't happen, but a boy can dream, lol. I'd take the offer.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, , J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, M Evans, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson,
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 am

dblj1199 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:36 am I have DJM also and would kill for this offer. I like him and I'm REALLY hoping that the Panthers deal him off in a massive rebuild. Imagine him with Mahome or ARod??? I know it won't happen, but a boy can dream, lol. I'd take the offer.
That's the other factor. Carolina is supposedly listening to trade offers, and it would make sense for them to clean house.

I don't want to be the guy that sold low when DJM gets a decent QB or has a change of scenery

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 am
dblj1199 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:36 am I have DJM also and would kill for this offer. I like him and I'm REALLY hoping that the Panthers deal him off in a massive rebuild. Imagine him with Mahome or ARod??? I know it won't happen, but a boy can dream, lol. I'd take the offer.
That's the other factor. Carolina is supposedly listening to trade offers, and it would make sense for them to clean house.

I don't want to be the guy that sold low when DJM gets a decent QB or has a change of scenery
The problem with this scenario (trade) is that the trade doesn't happen in a vacuum. First, let's forget about KC or GB. For different reasons, I don't see either spending significant capital on a FA/Trade WR.

The big assumption (hope) is that DJM will end up with a top QB and be his WR1. Removing KC+GB from the equation, there really are no situations I see where DJM would automatically be the alpha WR1 on a offensive-minded team with a T15QB. Not in AZ, LAR, LAC, BUF, etc. He could be the lead WR in places like NYG or HOU or NE, but would any of those QBs/Offenses make him a fantasy WR1? I don't think so.

And if DJM ends up the WR2 in a place like Denver, he's going to post stats similar to the last two seasons - good, middle of the road unexciting WR2 stats.

It's disappointing, but I have a feeling that his peak in CAR is going to be his forever peak.

I lean toward making the trade and resetting.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:08 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:45 am

The problem with this scenario (trade) is that the trade doesn't happen in a vacuum. First, let's forget about KC or GB. For different reasons, I don't see either spending significant capital on a FA/Trade WR.

The big assumption (hope) is that DJM will end up with a top QB and be his WR1. Removing KC+GB from the equation, there really are no situations I see where DJM would automatically be the alpha WR1 on a offensive-minded team with a T15QB. Not in AZ, LAR, LAC, BUF, etc. He could be the lead WR in places like NYG or HOU or NE, but would any of those QBs/Offenses make him a fantasy WR1? I don't think so.

And if DJM ends up the WR2 in a place like Denver, he's going to post stats similar to the last two seasons - good, middle of the road unexciting WR2 stats.

It's disappointing, but I have a feeling that his peak in CAR is going to be his forever peak.

I lean toward making the trade and resetting.
I like to be open minded. I came into this post to say keep him. Ant completely changed my mind with this post above though. Logic is sound and I agree with it - I’d take the pick.

Plus sounds like you him have elsewhere, so it’s not like you’d eliminate all shares if the the surprising happened
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:39 pm

DJM has been one of the more overrated players in fantasy for years.
There are too many ifs that have to happen for him to be great...
IF they hire a great coach and IF they draft a good QB and IF the new system is DJM friendly and IF...
We can sometimes allow for one IF when evaluating future potential. But when you have consistent and prolonged letdowns of production coupled with multiple IFs required to get back to fantasy relevance - it's time to move on.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Trevormortis
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Trevormortis » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:29 pm

If I had him, I'd take that pretty quick.
Team 1. 12 team. 1 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2017 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st
QB - Watson, G. Smith
RB - Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, D. Pierce, AJ Dillon, J. McLaughlin, Gainwell
WR - J. Jefferson, Diggs, AJ Brown, T. Higgins, M. Thomas, Cooks, Bateman, R. Moore, C. Tillman, J. Hyatt, D. Parker
TE - Kelce, J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,2,3,4,5
2025 - 1,2,3,4,5

Team 2. 12 team. .5 PPR. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX 2019 1st, 2020 1st, 2021 2nd, 2023 Full rebuild mode
QB - Tua
RB - T. Spears, Z. Charbonnet, C. Hubbard, R. Rivers, D. Vaughn, J. Kelly, Chubb (IR)
WR - London, J. Downs, R. Rice, Burks, J. Jeudy, A. Pierce, C. Tillman, R. Bell, D. Parker, D. Slayton, Cooks
TE - J. Ferguson
2024 - 1,1,1,2,2,2
2025 - 1,1,2,2,5