Justin Fields Value (or lack thereof)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Justin Fields Value (or lack thereof)

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:55 pm

12 team PPR 2QB

What’s Justin Field’s value? Someone in the league is frustrated and thinking about moving on. I’m not really a believer, but QBs are worth their weight in gold in this league so I have to do due diligence any time one becomes available. What would you pay for him? As a side note, Zach Wilson is also available, but not sure what I’d have to give up there (probably Dobbins and a late 23 1st). I’ve warmed up to Wilson a little, but not sure if I’m quite there (although I do like him better than Fields).

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Justin Fields Value (or lack thereof)

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:07 pm

I prefer Wilson but that price seems expensive. It's not the right time to move Dobbins.

I get the potential and ceiling of Fields but we have to look at his results and it's not good at all. I would not touch Fields even in the format for anything above a backend mid 2nd. No reason to chase or reach for him.

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:29 am

I’d rather fields . Late 1st at most. He has the worst supporting cast by a mile. Don’t think that will turn around anytime soon either. No o-line or pass catchers.

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:47 am

Take a look at the passing stats of NFL teams after week 5:

1. Buffalo Bills, 324 passing yards per game
2. Los Angeles Chargers, 291 ypg
16. Arizona Cardinals, 237 ypg
31. New York Giants, 154 ypg
32. Chicago Bears, 109 ypg

Yes, the Bears are *that* terrible.

Fields has some rushing upside, but we're talking 45 yards per game here, and hardly any TDs. That's not enough to turn him into a fantasy option.

Now, the stats probably tell more about Chicago as a team, rather than about Fields as a talent. But that doesn't change anything about his fantasy situation.

I'd rather take my chances with Zach Wilson. He's not looking too hot, either, but at least he has a good supporting cast, and there is a chance he will improve. Can't say the same about Fields.

With that being said, if the decision is down to adding Fields or not, I'd still do it, as long as the price is right. Late 1st or early 2nd sounds about right. Still better to have a bad QB2 in bye weeks than none at all.