Kenneth Walker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Kenneth Walker

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:24 am

Surprised to see he doesn't have his own thread yet in DLD, so here we go.

He's looked decent thus far. Penny was looking pretty good, but he's yet again injured and perhaps even done with the Seahawks now. Penny could be back again next year as he's probably not going to get much money from anyone on the free market, so I could see Seattle easily competing with any offers and bringing him back. It might not matter a ton though if Walker can establish himself.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kenneth Walker

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:39 am

I'm very excited about him ... his TD run was fantastic & they've been trusting him with pass protection. It looks like they are only taking him off for 3 & long and two-minute situations.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am

Its Walker and Deejay Dallas, how can you not be excited about what he could put on paper the ROS
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:52 am

Top-15 RB ROS pretty easily. Best early down runner in this rookie class.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:40 am

I have been worried about him so far. Glad to see him step it up a notch this past game. Hopefully, we’ll see what we all drafted him for now that he is going to get more opportunity.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:50 am

I described him as a smaller version of JT in my write up. The issue is that he still needs to learn pass pro and routes.

However, a back this good on a team that loves to run power is awesome. I tried to buy all copies at the start of the year but nobody budged. I'm bummed.

He's going to be awesome this year and next. I might sell after that just because his upside can't get any higher. Enjoy the ride.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am

Seattle has to bring someone in, right? Who's on their practice squad? Or do they sign someone like David Johnson? Not that it will diminish Walker's production much...but who's behind DeeJay? No one currently?

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:02 am

Was there anything particularly special about his run? The Saints seemingly didn’t block that side of the field. His opportunity is great of course…but we’ll see.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:24 pm

I own him in my SC league so I'm hopeful. Seen a few analysts say top-15 ROS but I don't see it. Little passing game experience on a team that recently hasn't thrown to the "feature" back. Feels like upside is about RB15 vs. lock/load fringe RB1. I think we see a lot of ~80 yard games, a couple of receptions with the hope of a TD which is more like RB24 (Jeff Wilson zone). I think he's probably going to get started regularly but that's more about the position being so awful this year than anything else. He'll certainly be in my weekly mix which is currently CEH, Najee, Etienne and some other even less desirables!

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:47 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:56 am Seattle has to bring someone in, right? Who's on their practice squad? Or do they sign someone like David Johnson? Not that it will diminish Walker's production much...but who's behind DeeJay? No one currently?
Seattle just claimed Tony Jones off the Saints prac. squad.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:02 am Was there anything particularly special about his run? The Saints seemingly didn’t block that side of the field. His opportunity is great of course…but we’ll see.
Imo, he showed:

- Vision to see the backside of the play
- Intelligence to make the right decisions behind his blocks
- Ability to change direction without losing too much momentum
- Speed to outrun defenders to the end zone

Sometimes playing RB seems simple when you're not dancing around.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:04 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 am
j4pac wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:02 am Was there anything particularly special about his run? The Saints seemingly didn’t block that side of the field. His opportunity is great of course…but we’ll see.

Najee would have broken 5 tackles for a 10 yard gain on that same play probably and people would be saying how great of a run it was.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:25 am

He's got some McCoy / Miles Sanders to him, very shifty with good vision. He'll be a good one.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:27 am

This is why he should've been the consensus 1.02. I still like Breece more but people were right to say Walker is the better pure runner.

The main doubt was him catching the football, but he looks good so far when asked, even has a few catches when split out wide.

The only faults I can find are his OL is just down bad. They're not giving him much of anything, but when they do, he's electric. Get him into the 2nd level more and let him juke these silly LB. Too many plays he's being met in the backfield by multiple guys when they only have 6 in the box. And he's still turning some plays into positives.

His 20 yard run this past week vs ARI in the 3rd quarter was insane. There were 3 defenders in the backfield, makes them all miss, breaks a few more tackles up the sideline and nearly took it to the house.

That jump cut is insane. Noticed he even tripped himself up a few times earlier in the season lol

I think I would trade any RB straight up for him not named JT or Breece. Barkley, CMC, Chubb are all 4+ years older. Some probably prefer Swift still, but I don't.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:10 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:04 am
waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:44 am

Najee would have broken 5 tackles for a 10 yard gain on that same play probably and people would be saying how great of a run it was.
Like Najee would ever have a 10 yard gain :lol: