Jameson Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Jameson Williams Thread

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:14 am

I mean… who does he have to beat out for a starting spot? They have Josh Reynolds and DJ Chark on the outside. I’m not sure either of those guys pose a huge obstacle.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:24 am

Anyone concerned that St. Brown looks good?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:28 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:24 am Anyone concerned that St. Brown looks good?
I never envisioned Williams playing the slot and with the way that offense is firing on all cylinders, I’m not worried about him at all. My bigger concern would be the continued inability of Goff to utilize his deep threat. I don’t think Chark suddenly became bad at football and it would suck if Williams got out into that role and ran into the same issues.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:24 am Anyone concerned that St. Brown looks good?
They do different things and can coexist.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:02 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:28 am
I never envisioned Williams playing the slot and with the way that offense is firing on all cylinders, I’m not worried about him at all. My bigger concern would be the continued inability of Goff to utilize his deep threat. I don’t think Chark suddenly became bad at football and it would suck if Williams got out into that role and ran into the same issues.
My main concern as well. Goff may not be there long term, so a change at QB may make it a moot point eventually. But short term, Goff isn't great at throwing deep.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:03 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:02 am
My main concern as well. Goff may not be there long term, so a change at QB may make it a moot point eventually. But short term, Goff isn't great at throwing deep.
x2 I think that is part of this ARSB rise. He's good, don't get me wrong though. I do think they can coexist as well. I would like a better QB for 23 if possible

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:15 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:14 am I mean… who does he have to beat out for a starting spot? They have Josh Reynolds and DJ Chark on the outside. I’m not sure either of those guys pose a huge obstacle.
Not obstacles for someone of Jameson's caliber necessarily, but both guys have talent.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:03 am

x2 I think that is part of this ARSB rise. He's good, don't get me wrong though. I do think they can coexist as well. I would like a better QB for 23 if possible
I've been under the impression that Goff's playing well. No?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:11 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:16 am

The offense is producing yards, and Goff is a part of that, but his deep ball still sucks.

K - Just a stupid kicker

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:53 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:01 pm Since 1995 there have been 8 1st round WR's that have played in 8 or less games as a rookie. Those names are;

Kevin White
Ike Hilliard
N'Keal Harry
Marcus Nash
Josh Doctson
Charles Rogers
Santana Moss
Yatil Green

Santana Moss is the ONLY hit of the group. You REALLY don't want "a zero" from Jameson this year.
It's not a great list, but how many of these players missed games due to injuries after they were already drafted? I know Doctson had a wrist injury in college, but the reason he missed games year 1 was b/c of an achillies issue he got early in the summer and then aggravated it during the year. Kevin white got a stress fracture in OTAs, and N'Keal harry got an ankle sprain in a preseason game. Not sure about the older guys on the list. Time will tell, obviously, but has to be somewhat encouraging that the lions still took Jameson 12th despite already having the ACL. Hard to say if any of the others would have slid in the draft if there were already injury issues

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:22 am

juke05 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:53 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:01 pm Since 1995 there have been 8 1st round WR's that have played in 8 or less games as a rookie. Those names are;

Kevin White
Ike Hilliard
N'Keal Harry
Marcus Nash
Josh Doctson
Charles Rogers
Santana Moss
Yatil Green

Santana Moss is the ONLY hit of the group. You REALLY don't want "a zero" from Jameson this year.
It's not a great list, but how many of these players missed games due to injuries after they were already drafted? I know Doctson had a wrist injury in college, but the reason he missed games year 1 was b/c of an achillies issue he got early in the summer and then aggravated it during the year. Kevin white got a stress fracture in OTAs, and N'Keal harry got an ankle sprain in a preseason game. Not sure about the older guys on the list. Time will tell, obviously, but has to be somewhat encouraging that the lions still took Jameson 12th despite already having the ACL. Hard to say if any of the others would have slid in the draft if there were already injury issues
All of them had injuries after being drafted to the NFL. Moss was the only one who didnt have injuries early on in his career I believe, he just didnt play much his rookie year.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm

I don’t understand the why or explanation behind this data. Is it a large enough sample size without an explanation to matter? I’m not so sure it is personally. I normally lean hard into the data but this isn’t adding up to any rational reason.

Edit- I’m not meaning the overall bust rate. I’m meaning guys that missed games due to injury. That was the sample size that seems to small to me and without good explanation as to why they didn’t pan out.

I can atleast hypothesize and make good guesses on the explanation behind the RB modeling, but can’t see as a clear a picture here to persuade me it’s not just small sample sizes.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:54 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm I don’t understand the why or explanation behind this data. Is it a large enough sample size without an explanation to matter? I’m not so sure it is personally. I normally lean hard into the data but this isn’t adding up to any rational reason.

Edit- I’m not meaning the overall bust rate. I’m meaning guys that missed games due to injury. That was the sample size that seems to small to me and without good explanation as to why they didn’t pan out.

I can atleast hypothesize and make good guesses on the explanation behind the RB modeling, but can’t see as a clear a picture here to persuade me it’s not just small sample sizes.
Idk why it is exactly but the games played is significant, I had to include games played into my wr report or else the results would be a complete mess.

My hypothesis is it’s probably a combination of several factors. Missed time is one. Missing time to integrate yourself with the team, etc. NFL careers are also short, so missing a full season, particularly early, is a significant chunk of most players careers. So opportunity to be a “hit” is greatly diminished. Also, if you’re missing half the season with injury, it means you suffered a severe, and potentially career altering injury, or it means your constantly in and out with a myriad of injuries throughout the season, leading you to have an injury prone label (whether correct or not), and losing trust of the coaching staff. “The best ability is availability” as they say. We also know major injuries often take 2 years to fully come back from, with body fully healed and player confidence regained. Those are just my theories anyway. If you or anyone else wants to breakdown and dissect every injury and every reason each of the players didn’t get to the 9 games played that would probably be super useful and insightful.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:45 am

juke05 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:53 am

Kevin White
Ike Hilliard
N'Keal Harry
Marcus Nash
Josh Doctson
Charles Rogers
Santana Moss
Yatil Green

I think this is a solid point and some probably would have. Still though, it is a small enough sample over a long time frame that I'm not very concerned

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:49 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:16 am

He has. The Lions offense has been strong this year…and that has been without Swift half the time. I would be surprised if the Lions ditched Goff. This could be a problem for Williams. I think that there is an argument for trading him for a 1st
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave